BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials Browse this forum to locate any specials our board sponsors may be holding.

Old Thu, Dec-26-2013, 11:11:35 AM   #31
dafoe

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: TuningTech Fs Before and After NA Dyno Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
If you would post stock, stock with tune, stock with headers and stock with headers and tune, it would make everything clear. I'm interested in this because I'm looking at options for my car.
From experience these are the most common estimated HP figures. Things will change from dyno to dyno, day to day, mod to mod... There are really lot's of factors that come into play. But these are typical from what I've seen.

Stock 260-280
Stock with Tune - 280-300
Headers only no tune - 280-290
Headers with tune - 300-315

Have a read here for more info... http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=365722

Mods: Coyne Performance built ///M3, Carrillo, Mahle pistons ARP, Schrick 280/288, TTFS, CSL Airbox, CSL ECU, CSL MAP, CSL air rail, SuperSprint stepped, Larini exhaust, 3.91 gears, Pulleys, TCKline S/A coilovers, PowerFlex RTAB's, AKG Subframe, FCAB, Differential, Apex ARC-8's, Turner subframe reinforcement, Michelin PSS, Laser Interceptor, Coby Alcantara wheel, Beisan Vanos Fixes, Brembo BBK
Jump to top dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Dec-26-2013, 11:36:28 AM   #32
aaronstarr

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
From experience these are the most common estimated HP figures. Things will change from dyno to dyno, day to day, mod to mod... There are really lot's of factors that come into play. But these are typical from what I've seen.

Stock 260-280
Stock with Tune - 280-300
Headers only no tune - 280-290
Headers with tune - 300-315

Have a read here for more info... http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=365722
I was always curious why these cars vary so much from that 260-280+ in stock form. What causes such inconsistencies from the factory on the s54?

443whp(std.3)329trq(std.3)
mods:FSTT,3pc Ferrari wheels, 19x11,csl splitters,AA supercharger kit c38-81,70mm, fully gutted no carpet,no soft top,
TTFS alpha-n, Headers,no cats.
Jump to top aaronstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-26-2013, 03:46:56 PM   #33
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerdriver View Post
If you would post stock, stock with tune, stock with headers and stock with headers and tune, it would make everything clear. I'm interested in this because I'm looking at options for my car.
These are the following testing and changes that occurred.

1.stock run
2.replace headers only run
3.Headers + CPI sec. 1 run
4.Headers + Cpi Sect 1 + tune run

The stock run vs. headers only run are on the CPI thread. In fact they are on the same dyno graph! The headers with section 1 vs. header, section 1, and tune are on the first page of this thread. Here is a graph of all the runs just to help keep it simple.

If you or anyone else are interested in anything else regarding the testing feel free to pm me because as stated earlier the purpose of this thread was to show the before and after gains from a tuning stand point.

If you are interested in doing your own testing of stock vs stock with our tune. I will be more than happy to remote tune your car for you on your dime. If you decided to do headers or other N/A modifications the cost of re-tuning it is only $200. This is assuming your last tuning was performed by us at TTFS. Thank you for the interest.

Now Back to the Tuning
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-26-2013, 04:23:19 PM   #34
flipm3
E46 M3 | E90 M3

Philippines

Now those are the kinds of graph I'm talking about!

Thank you for posting that. I know you said it might not be on topic to your original intentions of this thread, but it really helps the community visualize the gains/losses of third party hardware or your tuning all in one form of media. It shows another dimension to the story.

Good stuff!

2004 E46 M3 6MT | Silver Grey . Cloth | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My E90 M3 Build Thread
2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2016 981 Cayman 6MT | White . Black | Coming Soon

POST YOUR DYNO GRAPH HERE: The Official Dyno Thread
Jump to top flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-26-2013, 05:25:27 PM   #35
red-m3

Bahrain

Nice graph

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Jump to top red-m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-27-2013, 02:38:03 AM   #36
digger

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstarr View Post
I was always curious why these cars vary so much from that 260-280+ in stock form. What causes such inconsistencies from the factory on the s54?
alot is probably not even real engine difference, alot of hp and losses come at the tyre roller interface so strap down, tyre pressure, tyre compound/stiffness, tire size etc all come into it. also if non standard wheels then there can be extra or lower losses due to differences in inertia.
then there are ambient differences, the dyno cant account for differences in oil temp of the engine, gearbox, diff or ignition timing being pulled with higher ambient and therefore higher IAT.

also the resolution can be high, do 5 or 6 consecutive pulls and overlay them all if you take the highest and lowest there can be substantial differences even when the car has been up to temp for a long time.
Jump to top digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-28-2013, 12:43:19 AM   #37
TuningTechFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

We like to offer our customers the best tuning on the market and that requires more than just experience and will power. Therefore, we offer live tuning using an emulator when needed! This is just another way for us to continue our path for the pursuit of perfection!

Jump to top TuningTechFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-28-2013, 01:01:01 AM   #38
flipm3
E46 M3 | E90 M3

Philippines

Neat!

Is that the EVC OLS300? If so, how do you like it?

2004 E46 M3 6MT | Silver Grey . Cloth | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My E90 M3 Build Thread
2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My E46 M3 Build Thread
2016 981 Cayman 6MT | White . Black | Coming Soon

POST YOUR DYNO GRAPH HERE: The Official Dyno Thread
Jump to top flipm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-28-2013, 11:38:25 PM   #39
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Neat!

Is that the EVC OLS300? If so, how do you like it?
Yes it is
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Dec-29-2013, 12:04:03 AM   #40
Kong Sheng Han
Banned

In the garage:

North Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
These are the following testing and changes that occurred.

1.stock run
2.replace headers only run
3.Headers + CPI sec. 1 run
4.Headers + Cpi Sect 1 + tune run

The stock run vs. headers only run are on the CPI thread. In fact they are on the same dyno graph! The headers with section 1 vs. header, section 1, and tune are on the first page of this thread. Here is a graph of all the runs just to help keep it simple.

If you or anyone else are interested in anything else regarding the testing feel free to pm me because as stated earlier the purpose of this thread was to show the before and after gains from a tuning stand point.

If you are interested in doing your own testing of stock vs stock with our tune. I will be more than happy to remote tune your car for you on your dime. If you decided to do headers or other N/A modifications the cost of re-tuning it is only $200. This is assuming your last tuning was performed by us at TTFS. Thank you for the interest.

Now Back to the Tuning
Man, your tune yields a big jump in power. I'm not ready for it just yet, but can you PM me the pricing for your tune.

Thank you
Jump to top Kong Sheng Han is offline   Reply With Quote