BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Oct-20-2014, 12:05:18 PM   #21
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
This seems like an incredibly good idea!! I'm impressed!

Thank you for doing this!

It would be awesome to enter a complete list of PNs and get which website has the cheapest total price!
That's an awesome idea. With shipped factored in

... and a mac version. I hate firing up the emulator

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

"People do not see good design." -- Claus Luthe, BMW chief designer e30-e39

FS: 6mt, RWD, iDrive free, properly maintained e91 (wagon)
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Nov-11-2014, 01:47:43 PM   #22
SilberVogel

United States

Default Update: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.9.0

Update: version 2.9.0 is now available for download and includes a number of new features, vendors, and improvements. Most notably is a new tab for international vendors and the ability to export instant “OE Prices” to Excel for easy spreadsheet creation.

There is a new video, as well, which replaced the much earlier and outdated one in the original post. Updated video covers some of the main features and includes chapter sections for easier navigation. The Excel pricing matrix, as seen in the video, is also available for download. Website includes some new sections, as well, and more information on everything below the fold:

Additional Vendors Added:
- BMW Parts 4U
- BMW Parts Pros
- Schmiedmann (Europe)

OE Price Detection Improvements (beta):
- Turner Motorsport now supported
- General detection improvements

Integrating Turner Motorsport was more of a challenge than any other vendor, due to their site and page layouts, as well as the inconsistencies in identifying Genuine BMW parts. If language other than “Genuine BMW” or “Original BMW” is used to identify a part, price detection may skip it, but have had good luck with the results so far. As of now, the “OE Price” feature is available for every vendor that sells OE Genuine BMW parts.

General Usability Improvements:
- Clicking in OE Price column selects single vendor
- “Save Settings” button tweaks

After running an instant price search, clicking in the OE Price column will now select a single vendor for easier launching of individual sites. Because of this, the “Save Settings” button has been tweaked to no longer save settings on each exit. Click once and your settings will remain unchanged until you do so again.

New OE Price Export Feature:
- Export OE prices to Excel after search

For easier handling of multiple part numbers and building pricing spreadsheets, OE prices can optionally be copied to the clipboard (pre-formatted for Excel) after each search. For those looking to run multiple part numbers, the included Excel template calculates the cheapest total cost from a single vendor, as well as the price savings of buying everything individually. This template was designed to be used in conjunction with the instant "OE Price" feature of BMW PNPC, but feel free to modify it to your liking (click here to download).

The main website has undergone some changes, featuring a new “ChangeLog” and "About" section for full details on future updates, as well as some additional entries on the FAQ page. As always, the most up-to-date version of BMW PNPC is available for download on the homepage, here. For details on past and future releases, be sure to visit the changelog page, here.

This shopping tool has come a long way in the past couple months and most of the updates and improvements in this version were suggested by other people. Appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far. Give the new version a spin and see what you think. If it saves you a decent amount of money and you'd like to show your appreciation by passing along some of the savings, please drop a tip in the tip jar!

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

About | FAQ | ChangeLog | Download | Forum Discussion

Last edited by SilberVogel; Wed, Mar-04-2015 at 04:25:54 AM.
Jump to top SilberVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-11-2014, 02:17:10 PM   #23
wjibby

In the garage:

United States

Unhappy Re: Official: BMW PNPC (Part Number Price Comparison) v2.8.1

Could you make it 2 columns wide please. Why ??

Because It is bigger than my screen and I can't close it or move it or adjust it. I have to go into Task manager to close it. You shouldn't have to do that.
Regards
Jib01
Jump to top wjibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-11-2014, 03:12:27 PM   #24
SilberVogel

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjibby View Post
Could you make it 2 columns wide please. Why ??

Because It is bigger than my screen and I can't close it or move it or adjust it. I have to go into Task manager to close it. You shouldn't have to do that.
Regards
Jib01
Absolutely! I actually thought about doing that, as the current window height is reaching maximum capacity for any anyone using a resolution smaller than 800x600.

What screen resolution are you currently using? I'll see about splitting everything into separate columns in the next update so it's more user-friendly for you.

P.S. Hitting "ESC" on your keyboard will also exit the program.

Edit: see post below for new layout.

DIYs help you save money with repairs; let www.bmwpnpc.com help you save money with the parts.

Last edited by SilberVogel; Mon, Feb-09-2015 at 10:22:49 AM.
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 11:14:00 AM   #25
specializedbndt

In the garage:

United States

ugh I don't like using the emulator…wish this was for mac

Edit… I got the emulator going and downloaded BMW pnpc--It downloaded in less than 30 seconds. This program is awesome. I wish it generated a list of sites instead of opening up a tab for each (perhaps there is an option I'm not aware of). Pleaseeeee make a version for mac.

Last edited by specializedbndt; Wed, Feb-04-2015 at 12:35:44 PM.
Jump to top specializedbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 07:42:38 PM   #26
SilberVogel

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by specializedbndt View Post
Edit… I got the emulator going and downloaded BMW pnpc--It downloaded in less than 30 seconds. This program is awesome. I wish it generated a list of sites instead of opening up a tab for each (perhaps there is an option I'm not aware of). Pleaseeeee make a version for mac.
Glad you got it working! I’m actually about finished up with the next update (for Windows) and figure since the thread's been bumped, I ought to share a sneak peek at the new layout. Plan on making it available next week sometime:

Regarding a Mac version, I’ve been trying not to get too many hopes up, but because so many people have requested it, here and across a number of other forums, that's now something I’m turning my attention towards.

Here’s a screenshot of it as a standalone app on Mavericks 10.9.5. Still working out a lot of the details, and some of the extra features may take time to tweak, but it's getting there:

Have been busy with this next Windows update to the BMW tool, made a few recent changes to the Audi one, and currently working on another for Mini Cooper. Don't know when I'll have the Mac versions available, but will be working on the BMW PNPC one first and as often as I can.

Will post back here next week sometime when the v3.0.0 version is available for Windows.

Last edited by SilberVogel; Mon, Feb-09-2015 at 10:25:23 AM.
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 08:39:27 PM   #27
AP22
AMG.

In the garage:

United States

Awesome!
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 10:41:43 PM   #28
JokerElite

United States

Wow, this is great!

1995 BMW M3 - Avus Blue | 2004 BMW M3 - Jet Black | 2009 328xi - Alpine White
Jump to top JokerElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 11:38:12 PM   #29
camberm3

United States

This is cool and all, but generally speaking, BMW of Morristown has the cheapest pricing for genuine OE parts anywhere. I'd say 99% of time.
Jump to top camberm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-04-2015, 11:43:39 PM   #30
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by camberm3 View Post
This is cool and all, but generally speaking, BMW of Morristown has the cheapest pricing for genuine OE parts anywhere. I'd say 99% of time.
They can't pack a box worth a damn though. I'd be wary of ordering anything fragile from them