BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3Forum Sponsor Announcements and Specials Browse this forum to locate any specials our board sponsors may be holding.

Old Tue, Mar-14-2017, 08:34:05 PM   #641
m3onrails
aka PurduinaM3

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: TTFS Custom Tuning

I tried calling last week but I'm looking to schedule an appointment to have my car retuned. It's the silver S54 E36 you guys tuned back in 2015. Looking to come down on a Saturday towards the end of March / early April. Let me know what dates work best!
Old Tue, Mar-14-2017, 08:56:47 PM   #642
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3onrails View Post
I tried calling last week but I'm looking to schedule an appointment to have my car retuned. It's the silver S54 E36 you guys tuned back in 2015. Looking to come down on a Saturday towards the end of March / early April. Let me know what dates work best!
Hey! Please shoot us a PM and Justin will get you on the schedule.
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 04:42:37 PM   #643
skelzy
Great White

Default TTFS Custom Tuning

Well, finally caved and got the SMG tune after seeing everyone rave about it the last few years. I am original owner of my '05 M3 and have 120K on it. I drove every single one of those miles so I know the stock SMG like the back of my hand and I loved the stock SMG so I was already happy with it. Well, I gotta tell you this tune is amazing. Car shifts so quick and precise now and it's overall much smoother. Before the tune I used S5 mode but now after the tune I bumped it down to S3 and it is just perfect... I never would have thought a software tune could have such impact on how the car drives, it's really amazing. Thanks Frank and Khan for your help and if anyone is on the fence about getting the tune I assure you it's probably the best mod for under $200 you can do for your M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Coupe AW/BLK/SMG/LOADED
Jump to top skelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 07:16:17 PM   #644
T3AMFiSh

United States

I'm doing an s54 into an e36, can I send the DME in to have the tune done or do we have to do the remote tuning?
Jump to top T3AMFiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 09:39:25 PM   #645
mrgicm

Croatia

On a avragegly tuned S54 what is the difference power wise if running 100 cell sport kat vs. Catless?
Old Fri, Mar-17-2017, 11:54:12 PM   #646
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzy View Post
Well, finally caved and got the SMG tune after seeing everyone rave about it the last few years. I am original owner of my '05 M3 and have 120K on it. I drove every single one of those miles so I know the stock SMG like the back of my hand and I loved the stock SMG so I was already happy with it. Well, I gotta tell you this tune is amazing. Car shifts so quick and precise now and it's overall much smoother. Before the tune I used S5 mode but now after the tune I bumped it down to S3 and it is just perfect... I never would have thought a software tune could have such impact on how the car drives, it's really amazing. Thanks Frank and Khan for your help and if anyone is on the fence about getting the tune I assure you it's probably the best mod for under $200 you can do for your M

Awesome! We are glad that we could improve the experience with your car after all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3AMFiSh View Post
I'm doing an s54 into an e36, can I send the DME in to have the tune done or do we have to do the remote tuning?
We do not need the dme, we can tune you remotely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
On a avragegly tuned S54 what is the difference power wise if running 100 cell sport kat vs. Catless?
Their isn't much difference in power being catless vs having cats. I would suggest catless for a race car or if you want every last hp possible.

Please PM us with any questions or inquiries, we do not always check the threads.
Old Sat, Mar-18-2017, 02:06:33 AM   #647
EricSMG
40 something

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzy View Post

Awesome dude! I'm definitely going to do this very soon. I really enjoy the stock SMG system as-is but hey if it's going to be smoother and faster and have super cool rev-matching for $200 it's a no-brainer.

'04 SG/Black 6MT || '04 JB/IR SMG
Jump to top EricSMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-18-2017, 09:36:34 PM   #648
admranger
Registered troublemaker

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
Where in NOVA?
Alexandria (Potomac Yard to be precise)

'11 E90 M3, Melbourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, roof, PP2, heated seats, Eibach Pro Kit, GC Street camber plates, Arc-8's, Technic harness, JL XD 600/6
'16 X5 40e Mineral White/Black Dakota Leather, ZLL, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, side shades, multi contour seats, HK stereo
Jump to top admranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-20-2017, 04:43:18 PM   #649
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
Alexandria (Potomac Yard to be precise)
Might see you around
Old Sun, Mar-26-2017, 11:26:48 PM   #650
admranger
Registered troublemaker

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
Might see you around
Car is safely tucked into the apartment secured parking garage. I bus/metro to work. The car just sits until I decide to take it out and risk the roads/drivers/weather go to get some produce at Costco. It's cray-cray out here, even over Vegas tourist drivers.

Friday I get the car smogged and the safety inspection done for VA. Then DMV fun. Yay...

I definitely need to make the trip though. Just need to get a moment to breathe. Job is a bit all consuming.

'11 E90 M3, Melbourne/Black/Fox Red/Black, 6MT, roof, PP2, heated seats, Eibach Pro Kit, GC Street camber plates, Arc-8's, Technic harness, JL XD 600/6
'16 X5 40e Mineral White/Black Dakota Leather, ZLL, ZCW, ZDA, ZDB, ZPP, side shades, multi contour seats, HK stereo
Jump to top admranger is offline   Reply With Quote