BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

View Poll Results: Please ONLY VOTE if you sincerely plan to participate. No dreamers.
Option A: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 6 9.68%
Option B: - Even at only 5% off - I'm in and ready to commit!! 1 1.61%
Option A: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 28 45.16%
Option B: Only if the discount is 10% or greater am I ready to commit to this! 13 20.97%
I don't care if the discount ends up being only 5% or 10% off - I want this! Let's do this!!! 12 19.35%
Eh... Thanks for the effort, but there just is NOT enough value with either discount - Count Me Out! 7 11.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mon, Mar-20-2017, 03:03:55 AM   #361
bimmerfan08

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo_M3 View Post
That's typically where these trunks get damaged, when I purchased mine a couple of months ago it was hit in the exact same way. It's been said before but Schmiedmann doesn't do any additional packaging. They ship them out the same way they receive them.

It sucks because the people handling them during the shipping process don't really "handle with care". There's little to no padding around the lip of these trunks so any bump to that area will result in damage. Just be happy it was fairly minor because Schmiedmann will never accept responsibility.
It sucks but other people's carelessness keeps packaging engineers like myself employed. We love the mishandlers.
But what I see daily are typical German car colors; blacks, silvers, grays and whites. They look nice, I agree, but to me the appeal is what the M cars were in the 1980s an event. Its not so much that I want to be noticed, but more that I want to stand apart from the crowd. And to me, Phoenix Yellow and Laguna Seca Blue are two of the best ways to differentiate your M3 experience from the norm.
Jump to top bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Mar-20-2017, 04:13:51 AM   #362
Rajvosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLSB View Post
You have to expect damage on a trunk like this from shipping. The entire trunk is going to need to be prepped, filled and sanded to ensure the correct paint look. Unless you are going to go to some hack shop that will scuff and shoot it expect waviness unless it's prepped correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whole point of buying OE is to expect perfect fitment and little prep work

i bought one 6 months ago and get paint shop to spray it in Estoril blue and it was perfect. no waviness...
Jump to top Rajvosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 01:58:33 AM   #363
PerkM3

United States

There have been two claims filed with both DHL and Schmiedmann. I will keep those members informed regarding their claims.
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 02:02:30 AM   #364
PerkM3

United States

******************update******************

Everyone that has not had their trunk delivered please keep an eye on your tracking. There are still a number of them on hold. I have contacted those buyers via email but if you don't take care of the due's payment within a given time the trunks will be sent back to Schmiedmann.
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 02:57:28 AM   #365
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLSB View Post
You have to expect damage on a trunk like this from shipping. The entire trunk is going to need to be prepped, filled and sanded to ensure the correct paint look. Unless you are going to go to some hack shop that will scuff and shoot it expect waviness unless it's prepped correctly.

What's the point of them being primered from the factory if they're not expected to be ready to paint as is?
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 03:19:35 AM   #366
SeattleLSB

United States

Default OE CSL Boot Lid - Group-Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
What's the point of them being primered from the factory if they're not expected to be ready to paint as is?

Even Factory bumpers require prep out of the box. Expecting to simply shoot this lid out of the package is probably. It realistic. At least from my experience everything with need some level of prep from solvent pop etc. Regardless the damage is not significant will require some grinding and epoxy body filler to fix it.

I'll have more insight once I receive my CSL trunk.

2003 AW/BLK 330XI>AT>Winter Beater

2003 LSB/Blk M3>6SP>Slicktop - Sold
Jump to top SeattleLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 03:48:17 PM   #367
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Just got mine in yesterday. I was a little concerned because the corners on the box were dented and you could hear the trunk slide around. When I opened the box and removed the packing, it was in perfect condition! Thank you Dr M3an M3 and Brad! Wouldn't have gotten one without either of you!

B&B TriFlow Section 3 | AP V2 headers | TMS Power Pulleys | aFe Drop In Dry Filter | Macht Schnell Intake Elbow | TTFS Tune | CSF Radiator & Oil Cooler | AST 4200 Coilovers | Ground Control Race Camber Plates & RSMs | TMS Rear Camber Arms | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Stoptech ST40 Front & Rear BBK | UUC EVO3 SSK with DSSR | ZHP knob | Orion V4 | Matte Black Kidney/Side Grills | 35% Tint | Apex 75mm Wheel Studs | H&R Trak+ 10mm Spacers | 19" VMR CSL reps | 245/35 & 275/30 Continental ExtremeContact DW
Track Stuff: Apex ARC-8s in 18x10 ET25 | 275/35/18 Nitto NT01s | Schroth Quick Fits | PFC 08s

2000 BMW M Roadster 5MT - TiAg/Black
TCK D/A | Lightwerkz Projector Headlights | LeatherZ Interior Bits | BMW Performance Knob | OEM Square 17x9 Roadstars

2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black
APR stage 1 tune | CTS Turbo intake | CTS Turbo 3" downpipe | ST coilovers

E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 04:05:31 PM   #368
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Nice!

My CSL Trunk is on a Greyhound bus still from Tenn, 7 days and counting.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri - Sprint Booster V2
UltraGauge - Orion V4's - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - VIS XTS CF Hood - CSL Trunk - Valentine One - Turner 15F/12R Spacers
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 04:26:38 PM   #369
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Just got mine in yesterday. I was a little concerned because the corners on the box were dented and you could hear the trunk slide around. When I opened the box and removed the packing, it was in perfect condition! Thank you Dr M3an M3 and Brad! Wouldn't have gotten one without either of you!

To date, that is the nicest one I have seen. Even the inside looks completely primered and unscathed. I would be shocked if that required any prep work. I might be a little jealous! Enjoy it, brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Nice!

My CSL Trunk is on a Greyhound bus still from Tenn, 7 days and counting.

This is how you ship with grey hound!!! You are going to be soooo happy you made that box from wood!!

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-21-2017, 05:44:27 PM   #370
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Ya it's the best $100 worth of wood I ever spent. If it gets damaged in that box I don't know what would of protected it.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri - Sprint Booster V2
UltraGauge - Orion V4's - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - VIS XTS CF Hood - CSL Trunk - Valentine One - Turner 15F/12R Spacers
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote