BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Jul-21-2017, 10:07:32 PM   #8291
Good
@GOOD_M3

In the garage:

Australia

Default Re: What did you do to/for your ///M today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
Did you get the burble option for popping ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the burble sound, but I purchased it for the quick and easy power gains from a simple flash. Buildjournel has such awesome customer service. These guys responded to my email with my stock software and about 30min later replied back with the modified software in the middle of the night. No one does service like these guys. The stock muffler will prevent flames, but if you purchase a SS muffler or even the SG muffler you'll pop flames. You'll be running pretty dirty but I love it.

Also in no way do I have any association with the company other than being an extremely happy customer

2006 M3 Competition | Silver Grey Metallic

Modifications:

- Complete SuperSprint Exhaust: Stepped V1 Headers, Race Catted Sec 1, Resonated X-Pipe Sec 2, Sport (Gen 2) Sec 3.
- Karbonius CSL Airbox (Alpha N) with OEM Snorkel (flap delete) and Oil Catch Can
- KW V2 w/ Ground Control Camber Plates, TMS Sway bar
- Tuned by Paul-Claude

Preventative:
- Vanos Beisan Lockdown~ Upper Guide Chain, Solenoid Coil Pack, Oil Pump Disk

Instagram:
@Good_M3 - https://www.instagram.com/good_m3/?hl=en

YouTube:
Good M3 - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW...3N7QDfZ5NSzriA
Jump to top Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Jul-21-2017, 10:09:44 PM   #8292
stack
The STIG

In the garage:

Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good View Post
I like the burble sound, but I purchased it for the quick and easy power gains from a simple flash. Buildjournel has such awesome customer service. These guys responded to my email with my stock software and about 30min later replied back with the modified software in the middle of the night. No one does service like these guys. The stock muffler will prevent flames, but if you purchase a SS muffler or even the SG muffler you'll pop flames. You'll be running pretty dirty but I love it.

Also in no way do I have any association with the company other than being an extremely happy customer

I am doing catless and already have SGT full exhaust
I was looking at The tune you have VS the RK tune which also breathes fire
Which is all I want in life

04 E46 M3/ 95 E36 M3
Jump to top stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 01:54:55 AM   #8293
pat-b

United States

Great looking seats
Jump to top pat-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 02:27:27 AM   #8294
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stack View Post
I am doing catless and already have SGT full exhaust
I was looking at The tune you have VS the RK tune which also breathes fire
Which is all I want in life

RK Tunes "Burble and Pop" looks pretty insane! Are they all like this, or is the 'Filthy Habits' muffler with the valve-open the big reason why this 'over-run' tune is so aggressive?

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Dixis Spirit Titanium muffler -- have until end of august to find one, before I go custom.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 02:51:31 AM   #8295
SSK831

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolaredM View Post
Finally put in some Recaro CS Sportster Performance Edition.

These look great! Mine are going in now.

Jump to top SSK831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 01:14:20 PM   #8296
MVAM3

Australia

Installed my AS 30% over the weekend, i was sure i was going to regret going for the 30% over the 20 or 0%, but honestly i love it as is, the effort is minimal and the throw distance is great. That DIY is as bad as they say it is though. As others have experienced, my shifter has migrated over the right compared to stock, but this actually works well for a RHD car... kinda like it to be honest.
Jump to top MVAM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 03:03:19 PM   #8297
E30toF30

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVAM3 View Post
Installed my AS 30% over the weekend, i was sure i was going to regret going for the 30% over the 20 or 0%, but honestly i love it as is, the effort is minimal and the throw distance is great. That DIY is as bad as they say it is though. As others have experienced, my shifter has migrated over the right compared to stock, but this actually works well for a RHD car... kinda like it to be honest.
Wait so it's common for the shifter to migrate over to the right? When I did my akg shifter install, I had the same thing happen. It's still like that but I've gotten used to it. I didn't realize other people have had the same issue? Any idea if there is a solution?

Thanks!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
Jump to top E30toF30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 03:25:47 PM   #8298
stack
The STIG

In the garage:

Poland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
RK Tunes "Burble and Pop" looks pretty insane! Are they all like this, or is the 'Filthy Habits' muffler with the valve-open the big reason why this 'over-run' tune is so aggressive?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtSb8ItbLkI

I know they recommend a cat-less setup
If not the flames and popping will destroy it.

The popping and flames also come from when you have your foot on the throttle lightly just enough to dump some fuel.

04 E46 M3/ 95 E36 M3
Jump to top stack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-23-2017, 04:16:59 PM   #8299
nuc1
Meh

United States

Spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to get the top-most passenger side bellhousing bolt out. That ****er is on there and of course right up against the firewall so can't anything on it.... Dropped the tranny as much as I could and still won't come off. Impact wrench with about 2 feet of extensions ain't working either.
PB blaster no help. Cussing and throwing tools didn't help, either.
Trying to fix a rear main seal leak. It's not the oil pan, oil pan gasket or CPV o-ring; tried all of those.
Currently researching how hard it is to drop the engine and tranny out the bottom of the car. I have a 4 post lift so doesn't look too bad.

Sometimes this car almost isn't worth it.

Edit: and of course its about a billion degrees outside with 100% humidity.

Mike
- BW CSL Intake - Dinan ITBs - Ported & Polished Head - Schrick 288/280 - ARP Head/Main/Rod Bolts - Epic Rod Bearings - CP Pistons - Beisan VANOS - Okada Coils - SS V1 Stepped Headers & Catless Sec 1 - OEM Sec 2 - AA Gen 6 Sec 3 - OEM CSL MAP & Pressure Rail - CSL Software - 4.10 Polished Diff - TTFS Tune
Stop
- Brembo 355F/345R - Stoptech Pads (Street) - GC Street/Track SA 525/550
Show
- OEM Euro Front Bumper - OEM CSL Trunk - Polished OEM 19s - OEM Euro Folding Mirrors - OEM LEDs w/ BFD - Sunroof Delete - Apple iPad Mini 4 - Pioneer - JL Twk88 - JL 900/5 - JL 600/4 - JL 12W6v2 - Focal K2P - Audiofrog GB25
18 Acura MDX White/Black Family Truckster
11 Tundra Super White/Black Actual Truckster
Jump to top nuc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-24-2017, 02:13:56 AM   #8300
DemetriusWaldo

In the garage:

United States

Currently redoing my interior. Waiting on alcantara for headliner and CF sunroof delete panel in the mail.
Seats are out getting repaired and restored while I am brainstorming a good 100 mpg proof rear seat delete— probably just a bulkhead with some foam moulding done up with any leftover alcantara.
I have a honey-do list about 25 items long at the moment, and that's not including detailing work.
Jump to top DemetriusWaldo is offline   Reply With Quote