BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, Sep-29-2019, 05:46:52 PM   #1941
sliqwille

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: E46 M3 Market Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: BUYER
Model Year: 2006
Mileage: 91K miles
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Alpine White
Interior Color: Black
Manual or SMG?: Manual
Major Options: ZCP
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Excellent
Any unusual items that affected value?: No
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Small Dealer
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: hours and hours of searching online

Sale Location (City, State): Dallas, TX
Sale Date (Month, Year): June 2019
Seller Asking Price: $19900.00
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $18750.00
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): $?
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.): I found this car literally 7 minutes after it was posted and immediately called and put a deposit. Clean Carfax and autocheck. Seller sent videos of everything I asked. Booked plane ticket and flew from Atlanta. Few hours later, was driving back to Atlanta (800 miles in summer heat). Car exceeded my expectations. The only caveat I have is the previous owner changed out the OEM ZCP wheels for ones in pics. I will put the OEM wheels back on ASAP.
Jump to top sliqwille is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Oct-01-2019, 05:56:33 AM   #1942
marksae

In the garage:

United States

sliqwille, that is a great find at a great price! You definitely got a deal. Alpine whites with black interiors aren't that common and you got one with the ZCP package. Even better... Congrats!

IG: @gearheadtwins
Jump to top marksae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-01-2019, 02:12:47 PM   #1943
sliqwille

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksae View Post
sliqwille, that is a great find at a great price! You definitely got a deal. Alpine whites with black interiors aren't that common and you got one with the ZCP package. Even better... Congrats!
Thank you! I looked for over a year before I finally found it. Have put about 2000 miles on it so far. Found it on Autotader of all places.
Old Tue, Oct-01-2019, 04:41:40 PM   #1944
bimmers4life

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: E46 M3 Sales Tracker: Please Report Your Purchase or Sale!

Yes great price. I paid $20k for an 05 interlagos ZCP with 115k miles in 8/2018. Amazing deal you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top bimmers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-01-2019, 05:40:02 PM   #1945
sliqwille

In the garage:

United States

Thanks bimmers4life!

My all in price, including a dirt cheap Spirit airline flight and gas back home, was $19,100+\-.

My advice for anyone looking to buy is do not wait to Take Action when you find a car you want. There was 2 or 3 other serious buyers that called in the first hour. I just got lucky and happened to get there first.
Old Tue, Oct-01-2019, 06:00:40 PM   #1946
bimmers4life

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliqwille View Post
Thanks bimmers4life!

My all in price, including a dirt cheap Spirit airline flight and gas back home, was $19,100+\-.

My advice for anyone looking to buy is do not wait to Take Action when you find a car you want. There was 2 or 3 other serious buyers that called in the first hour. I just got lucky and happened to get there first.

Yeah, I jumped on a flight to La to grab mine. Drove it back to Arizona and instantly had to dump the funds for vanos,rod bearings and subframe (all for just preventative maintenance). But still, those required items add on another $4k so should be factored into sales price.

Enjoy the car though. Any fun mods/plans for it next?

Old Wed, Oct-02-2019, 12:02:55 AM   #1947
sliqwille

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmers4life View Post
Yeah, I jumped on a flight to La to grab mine. Drove it back to Arizona and instantly had to dump the funds for vanos,rod bearings and subframe (all for just preventative maintenance). But still, those required items add on another $4k so should be factored into sales price.

Enjoy the car though. Any fun mods/plans for it next?

So far Iíve done new belts, fan clutch and tensioners. The Vanos has supposedly been done but Iím going to re-do it (just for peace of mind). Also going to do the preventative maintenance items you mentioned and anything else that needs updated. Overall the car has been very well taken care of. Only mod on the car was OE Euro headers. Iíve already bought an Eventuri Intake (just for noise) and SGT x-pipe and SCZA muffler (nothing installed yet). Iím also wanting to put the OE wheels back on. I honestly love this car. Iíve owned others, but this is my first ďforeverĒ car. Unless the market goes ridiculous like 964s/ 993s.
Old Wed, Oct-02-2019, 12:27:56 AM   #1948
bimmers4life

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliqwille View Post
So far Iíve done new belts, fan clutch and tensioners. The Vanos has supposedly been done but Iím going to re-do it (just for peace of mind). Also going to do the preventative maintenance items you mentioned and anything else that needs updated. Overall the car has been very well taken care of. Only mod on the car was OE Euro headers. Iíve already bought an Eventuri Intake (just for noise) and SGT x-pipe and SCZA muffler (nothing installed yet). Iím also wanting to put the OE wheels back on. I honestly love this car. Iíve owned others, but this is my first ďforeverĒ car. Unless the market goes ridiculous like 964s/ 993s.

Awesome, yeah I put active autowerks headers on mine along with the eventuri intake. Iím contemplating SCZA section 3 or super sprint sport. Let me know how it is. Enjoy the car, it sounds great.

Also, if you ever want to go with a short shifter to clean up the stock sloppy shifter, go auto solutions, theyíre hand made and insane. Check the forums, theyíll all confirm.

Old Wed, Oct-02-2019, 11:30:04 PM   #1949
n49ex

United States

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year:2006
Mileage:107,000
Coupe or Convertible?:Coupe
Exterior Color:Silver
Interior Color:Black
Manual or SMG?:Manual
Major Options: Competition Edition, A/C, NAV
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage):No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor):Excellent, immaculate, despite mileage
Any unusual items that affected value?:Super condition despite mileage, absolutely no subframe/body issues
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction):Other dealership
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?:Web searches
Sale Location (City, State):Chicago, Illinois
Sale Date (Month, Year):September, 2019
Seller Asking Price: $24,900
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $20,000
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): $??
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.):View numerous videos and advice posts and then check your prospects out carefully for the known issues. Drove mine a bunch, examined carefully on rack. Take your time, look at a bunch of them before committing

Since buying this car I've been busy with making it mine by going over it with a fine tooth comb and fixing or improving as necessary whatever I find. So far it is the headlight front plastic (a bit crazed), lower serpentine belt, drive shaft flex disc (had minor cracks) and replaced center support bearing as a precaution while I was there, and new radio (NAV display had some bad pixels and is prehistoric technology anyway), repainted wheels due to some minor chipping in corners, hood lift air springs replaced, they were a bit weak. Other than that, everything looks absolutely pristine - NO rust, all rubber bushings in excellent condition, runs and shifts perfectly, leather on seats perfect. And it is completely BMW OEM, no aftermarket gingerbread or "upgrades" whatsoever. I've been very pleasantly surprised and somewhat perplexed at how this car is in this condition with 107K miles. Someone must have super babied it.

Last edited by n49ex; Wed, Oct-02-2019 at 11:53:53 PM. Reason: Added more details
Jump to top n49ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-07-2019, 04:49:42 AM   #1950
hkhan23

United States

Are you the Buyer or Seller?: Buyer
Model Year: 2002
Mileage: 156,000 miles
Coupe or Convertible?: Coupe
Exterior Color: Steel Grey
Interior Color: Black
Manual or SMG?: SMG
Major Options: Premium Package
Under Warranty? (if yes, please indicate type and remaining coverage): No
Overall Condition (Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor): Good
Any unusual items that affected value?: Subframe crack, needed FCAB's
With Whom Did You Complete the Sale? (Private, BMW Dealership, Other Dealership, Auction): Private
How Did You Find Seller/Buyer?: Craigslist

Sale Location (City, State): Richmond, VA
Sale Date (Month, Year): September 2019
Seller Asking Price: $10,000
Final Sales Price (amount seller received): $8,500
Est. Published Value, if known (KBB, Edmunds TMV, NADA, etc.): N/A
Other Comments (amount of time in the market, successful negotiating tactics, words of advice, pictures, etc.): Met up with seller and the car had numerous service records, rod bearing recall and SMG system replacement. After purchase took it to a local indy and the car needed a decent amount of work, recently its developed a high idle that I think is due to a vacuum leak. Blackstone analysis came back good; It's currently with Bear Motorsports (Calvin Brandt) getting its subframe reinforced as well as some new bushings, mounts, and more rear end work. I'll be replacing the FCAB's and valve cover gasket next week and it should be good to go!

Last edited by hkhan23; Thu, Nov-07-2019 at 04:53:04 AM.
Jump to top hkhan23 is offline   Reply With Quote