BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Southwest
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Southwest For events in Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.

Old Wed, May-26-2010, 12:19:10 PM   #1
monochrom3
P-Car Noob

In the garage:

United States

Default Central Texas: 6/5 UpRev Dyno Day and Performace Motorsports Open House

Hey y'all... UpRev is having a dyno day and Performance Motorsports is having an open house. Let's do a breakfast run and then head over and check it out.

From UpRev's blog:
Uprev
9906 Gray Blvd Ste. K
Austin, TX 78758

Come hangout, check out the vendors, show cars, race cars. Enjoy free food from Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, free drinks from Vitamin Water, and enter our FREE RAFFLE! If you came to our event last year you know it was awesome, this time it’s bigger and better. Headline event sponsors:

Stillen
http://www.stillen.com/

Wahoos Fish Tacos
http://www.wahoos.com/

Vitamin Water
http://www.facebook.com/vitaminwater

Nico Club
http://www.nicoclub.com

Mr. Detail
http://www.mrdetail.net

Torco Oils
http://www.torcousa.com

Sideways Autosalon
http://www.sidewaysautosalon.com

Special Price Dyno
Join us and watch cars beat up the dyno. We’ll be posting a list of Dyno slots available at the bottom of this post. 3 pulls with AFR is $25 for this one day only. Additional tuning appointments will be sold during the event at discount rates and you’ll have to be at the event to pre-pay for your appointment.

FREE RAFFLE
Our FREE Raffle event last year we gave away almost $2000 worth of product. This year we’re pushing higher. We’ll be adding to this list as the we get closer to the event date. Our list of FREE Raffle items includes:

•Torco SR-1 5w30 Oil Change. Complete with Oil Filter and labor.
•Torco UL Accelerator. 1 bottle of Torco Octane booster. The real octane booster, not the junk from the auto parts store.
•Stillen $50 gift cards. (5 sets available!)
•Sideways Autosalon is offering a speaker set.
•Uprev Osiris Flash with dyno tune.
•Uprev Osiris Tuner system.
•Uprev Cipher cable.
We’ll be introducing our newest addition to the shop staff Chris Johnson. He’s the man behind the most powerful and record setting Supras, and now he’s focusing on the Nissan vehicles. Talk shop, ask questions, check out the cars he’s built.

FREE FOOD
The food was awesome last year, this time Wahoos is pulling out all the stops and bringing a wider selection of choices. They’ll also be serving food for a longer period of time and hopefully they won’t run out like they did last year. Everyone that showed up last year had seconds and sometimes thirds… They’re going to prepare for it this time so bring your hunger and sample everything they have served fresh!

Dyno Appointments:
To purchase a slot contact me rich@uprev.com.

10:00-10:30
10:30-11:00
11:00-11:30
11:30-12:00
12:00-12:30
12:30-1:00
1:00-1:30 – Lunch!
1:30-2:00
2:00-2:30
2:30-3:00
3:00-3:30
3:30-4:00
4:00-4:30
4:30-5:00 – Dinner!
5:00-5:30
5:30-6:00
6:00 Open Pulls depending on how late we’re running.
e46 M3: TiAg, ESS VT450, Dinan 3.91's, Euro headers/cats, SS x-pipe, SS race muffler; GC coilovers & swaybar; Stoptech ST60/40; OEM CSL bootlid, Dinan 19's (sold)
997.2 GT3: Carrara White, no mods necessary (sold)
Jump to top monochrom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-26-2010, 01:12:16 PM   #2
golfinz

United States

UpRev is a great shop to work with. I had a 350z about 5 years ago and I was one of the first 350z they tuned...good group of guys. And now with Chris Johnson on board, good gawd
Jump to top golfinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-26-2010, 01:20:16 PM   #3
monochrom3
P-Car Noob

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post
UpRev is a great shop to work with. I had a 350z about 5 years ago and I was one of the first 350z they tuned...good group of guys. And now with Chris Johnson on board, good gawd
No joke!

I'm going to go ahead and dyno my car again... last time it wasn't taken up to red-line, so curious what it'll show.
e46 M3: TiAg, ESS VT450, Dinan 3.91's, Euro headers/cats, SS x-pipe, SS race muffler; GC coilovers & swaybar; Stoptech ST60/40; OEM CSL bootlid, Dinan 19's (sold)
Old Wed, May-26-2010, 04:10:30 PM   #4
Scorpion006
Opulence, I has love for it

In the garage:

United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrom3 View Post
No joke!

I'm going to go ahead and dyno my car again... last time it wasn't taken up to red-line, so curious what it'll show.
Hey... I was curious to hear your opinion on this.. but how bad is it for a car to be dyno'd if bad at all... and what time are you going / scheduling your dyno for - I'm curious as to what my car makes too - being stock.
Jump to top Scorpion006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-26-2010, 05:50:22 PM   #5
monochrom3
P-Car Noob

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion006 View Post
Hey... I was curious to hear your opinion on this.. but how bad is it for a car to be dyno'd if bad at all... and what time are you going / scheduling your dyno for - I'm curious as to what my car makes too - being stock.
Dyno isn't bad for the car. It's very similar to driving the car up to redline. I'm trying to get in the earliest slot available.

Do know that you need to get your car into dyno mode in order for it to work properly. There is a thread on the forum now about how it can be done without the GT1 tool, but I don't know if there's any substance to it.
Old Wed, May-26-2010, 08:31:40 PM   #6
Scorpion006
Opulence, I has love for it

In the garage:

United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochrom3 View Post
Dyno isn't bad for the car. It's very similar to driving the car up to redline. I'm trying to get in the earliest slot available.

Do know that you need to get your car into dyno mode in order for it to work properly. There is a thread on the forum now about how it can be done without the GT1 tool, but I don't know if there's any substance to it.
Well my car definetly needs the GT1 tool.... not sure what it is / how it works but based of what I read / my model year - I need it.
Jump to top Scorpion006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-27-2010, 06:22:37 PM   #7
monochrom3
P-Car Noob

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion006 View Post
Well my car definetly needs the GT1 tool.... not sure what it is / how it works but based of what I read / my model year - I need it.
Can always try the trick that other guy vows by

I'm signed up for the first dyno run of the day
Old Sat, May-29-2010, 07:45:59 AM   #8
WkboardAtx
"What a long time to be gone, and a short time to be there"

United States

Francis How are you running yours to 8100 without the gt1 tool?
6sp, Cold WX Package, Titanium Carbon Fiber Interior Trim,Hidden Valentine one with StealthONE, Dinan exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 Software, Time Attack 19" M6 Wheels, AFE intake, RPI Scoop, CDV Delete, Depo smoked corner lights, Black kidney grills, Black side grills, Smoked reflectors, ZHP knob, EAS aurora 2 angel eyes, more to come...

Jump to top WkboardAtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, May-29-2010, 10:59:26 AM   #9
Stifun

United States

can a MKIV join the group? Might be interested in a dyno as well. RWD, right?
Jump to top Stifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, May-29-2010, 01:32:30 PM   #10
monochrom3
P-Car Noob

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WkboardAtx View Post
Francis How are you running yours to 8100 without the gt1 tool?
ESS software my friend