BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Wed, May-15-2019, 10:44:32 PM   #101
Sirenty

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackjunky View Post
Thanks! It sure was fun though!

Here is the run

https://youtu.be/eu1VW9hFKHI

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice work! Was this at Chapterfest? I really wanted to go but had to bail last minute. Would've loved to see the supercharged car.

I know I am over-slowing for 3 and 10 and coasting mph-wise leading into 9, and this video re-enforces it I think. I've known that for over a year, though, and can't make myself stop. I've seen and heard of too many accidents in those corners and self preservation takes over.

I did work on it a bit in March, and set some PBs myself, with several laps in the 24s. I was quite surprised as I hadn't driven the car at all in 3 months or on track in 9. And looking at the data, going a couple mph faster through 10 had me a couple mph faster at the end of the straight, and then went a little hotter through 1. By the time I was between 2 and 3, those sectors combined had knocked off almost a second of time and would've had me in the 23s. Just from being a little less chicken in 10.

Anyway, here's my new time. I was going to wait to post this because I thought I could do better, but I won't have the M3 back to SP until July at the earliest.

Summit Point Main
1:24.54 Sirenty E46 M3 (~350hp, 3450lbs w/driver, 3.91 diff, PFC12/08, Ohlins "Dedicated", NT01 275 square)

Last edited by Sirenty; Wed, May-15-2019 at 10:47:42 PM.
Jump to top Sirenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, May-16-2019, 03:00:22 AM   #102
trackjunky

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenty View Post
Nice work! Was this at Chapterfest? I really wanted to go but had to bail last minute. Would've loved to see the supercharged car.

I know I am over-slowing for 3 and 10 and coasting mph-wise leading into 9, and this video re-enforces it I think. I've known that for over a year, though, and can't make myself stop. I've seen and heard of too many accidents in those corners and self preservation takes over.

I did work on it a bit in March, and set some PBs myself, with several laps in the 24s. I was quite surprised as I hadn't driven the car at all in 3 months or on track in 9. And looking at the data, going a couple mph faster through 10 had me a couple mph faster at the end of the straight, and then went a little hotter through 1. By the time I was between 2 and 3, those sectors combined had knocked off almost a second of time and would've had me in the 23s. Just from being a little less chicken in 10.

Anyway, here's my new time. I was going to wait to post this because I thought I could do better, but I won't have the M3 back to SP until July at the earliest.

Summit Point Main
1:24.54 Sirenty E46 M3 (~350hp, 3450lbs w/driver, 3.91 diff, PFC12/08, Ohlins "Dedicated", NT01 275 square)

Potomac PCA First DE - Various laps in Black - YouTube
Thanks! Nice job on your time too considering the amount of rust you had to shake off haha. Yea this was at Chapterfest with National Capital chapter. The Dinan supercharged stripped M3 is driven by Josh (NJ plate) - not sure if he is on here. Cool dude and his good buddy Aruna with a black E92M was actually a student of mine at the Glen last year. Small world.

I think I couldve gotten into mid or lower 24s if that white E92M hadnt drag raced me down and make me take T1 offline. But I think there is 23s in there with a bit more driver mod. I improved my T3 and T10 speeds a lot this year. I played with a different line in T8 right left transition but I am not convinced that was the fastest line, at least for my car setup. SP Main isnt a track I visit a lot unlike the Glen so I still have quite a bit to learn and it always helps a ton following faster drivers in similar cars.

Old Thu, May-16-2019, 10:11:23 PM   #103
Sirenty

In the garage:

United States

You were definitely moving. Hopefully I can run with you sometime when you’re down. It would probably help push me.

I’ll be at the Glen in a month and I can’t wait. I went for the first time last year and I think it’s my favorite track.
Jump to top Sirenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 01:08:45 AM   #104
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Updated! Nice times fellas
Old Fri, May-17-2019, 01:23:08 AM   #105
trackjunky

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirenty View Post
You were definitely moving. Hopefully I can run with you sometime when youíre down. It would probably help push me.

Iíll be at the Glen in a month and I canít wait. I went for the first time last year and I think itís my favorite track.
Yea definitely. I'm sure we can help push each other. Unfortunately I won't be back to SP Main until next season around the same time with NCC, I only go once a year.

I will be at the Glen with GVC in June and then with RTR in July.

Last edited by trackjunky; Sun, May-19-2019 at 04:40:05 AM.
Jump to top trackjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-20-2019, 02:44:31 AM   #106
AXDB

In the garage:

United States

Default M3Forum Road Course Lap times V.4

Mid Ohio Pro

1:36.99 AXDB. E46 M3. 300Ish. 3100ish. AP brakes. MCS dampers. 275/35/18 pirelli scrubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2003 M3 Carbon Black / Cinnamon
Jump to top AXDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-20-2019, 11:46:36 AM   #107
klodkrawler05

United States

Nice laps! and with traffic too.
Old Mon, May-20-2019, 12:26:37 PM   #108
AXDB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by klodkrawler05 View Post
Nice laps! and with traffic too.
Thanks. PCA event overlapping club race. Lots of cars there. Mostly GT3s, aka "no e46 can keep up with me". So passes were sometimes hard to come by when you get gapped down each straight. Fun track though for sure.

Old Mon, May-20-2019, 12:52:27 PM   #109
ThunderMoose

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXDB View Post
Thanks. PCA event overlapping club race. Lots of cars there. Mostly GT3s, aka "no e46 can keep up with me". So passes were sometimes hard to come by when you get gapped down each straight. Fun track though for sure.

I love crushing GT3 driver egos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#67 2017 NASA TX TT3 Champion

FLMS Half Cage, RaceTech 4009HR drivers seat, Schroth 6-Pt Harness, E.S.S. Fire System, AIM SOLO DL with ECU Harness, SmartyCam, Angle Aluminum with VAC dead pedal, Sparco Steering Wheel on MOMO hub, MCS Suspension, Hyperco 800F 900R springs, Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway bars, Vorshlag Camber Plates, Turner ARCA, AJ Hartman Front Splitter, BW V2 Wing, BW CF Rear Diffuser, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Brembo BBK Front, Carbon Fiber Roof, CF Headlight Blanks, Door Windows and Cards Delete, TMS rear and front subframe reinforcement, Zionsville Competition Cooler, BW Oil Cooler, Oil Diverter Valve, Motorsports Thermostat, Evolve CF Intake, Epic Stepped Headers, Turner Pulleys, BW 3.5" Race Exhaust, EPIC Alpha N Tune, Beisan Oil Disk and Vanos Seals, ZF 5MT, CAE Ultra Shifter

My track journal: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=509148
Jump to top ThunderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-20-2019, 01:05:37 PM   #110
AXDB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
I love crushing GT3 driver egos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is fun. Got whole sessions dicing with them. 30 Minute sessions ~14 laps. Mid 20 passes. Mostly GT3, GT4 and vettes . One sessions I followed a GT4 clubsport the whole session. Fast car.