BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Tue, May-02-2017, 08:46:03 PM   #41
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Round 2: Genuine OE CSL Boot-Lid Group Buy #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_c View Post
So basically we wait until Monday when the email to order will be released and they will take it as a first come first serve? If that's the case, this I predict a lot of people will miss out due to time constraints as they'll prob sell out in 10 minutes lol

Once again, thanks for setting this up for the community :bigthumb2:
Correct. Unfortunately that is the nature with any situation where supply is limited compared to the demand.

On the other hand, the same would be true if I made the GB live yesterday when I submitted the thread. It would have sold out before most people were even aware that a round 2 was going to take place. Likely, the entire opportunity would have already been over, before you even had time to comment in the thread. This was the issue I ran into on the first GB.

This was the only way I could see that would be 'fair', by allowing people ample time to log on, become aware that this was taking place, and to prepare the best that they could accordingly.

If significant demand continues to exist after this GB, then I will continue to organize these as inventory becomes available for as long as the demand exists and that these are continued to be produced.

I am always open to constructive feedback on how I can improve to make this process better. I made the decision to allow 1-week to transpire before opening up the GB, based on the feedback I received from the last GB. My intention is to listen to your collective voices.

Thanks for your comment. Cheers.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Tue, May-02-2017 at 08:49:48 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 01:20:25 AM   #42
Jimmy S

In the garage:

Australia

I feel like allowances should be made for those of us in odd time zones too!

Please let me know any additional cost for postage to Australia if you end up finding out Leighton!

Jump to top Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 01:31:00 AM   #43
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
I feel like allowances should be made for those of us in odd time zones too!

Please let me know any additional cost for postage to Australia if you end up finding out Leighton!
Waiting on the reply. Should have it by the next german business day. As soon as I have a reply for Canada and Australia, I will include them in the OP and I will message you guys on PM.

If my math is correct, 12pm (noon EST) on Monday will put you guys at 2am Australian time. If there is a compromising time that is more convenient for you all, as well as the guys in the US (eastern and western), I am open to changing the release time to this time. It will be impossible to make everyone happy unfortunately, but I am open to suggestions. It looks like you all in Australia are 14hours ahead of EST, and guys in California are 3 hours behind EST. This is a big planet. What a time to be alive, with the ability to be simultaneously connected to each of you, and to be able to organize planetary commerce with a device that fits in my pocket. Pretty incredible.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Wed, May-03-2017 at 01:34:35 AM.
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 02:58:52 AM   #44
twism

Bulgaria

I'm in, money ready, waiting for instructions on where to send payment.

p.s. thank you for putting this together!
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 03:07:21 AM   #45
Jimmy S

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Waiting on the reply. Should have it by the next german business day. As soon as I have a reply for Canada and Australia, I will include them in the OP and I will message you guys on PM.

If my math is correct, 12pm (noon EST) on Monday will put you guys at 2am Australian time. If there is a compromising time that is more convenient for you all, as well as the guys in the US (eastern and western), I am open to changing the release time to this time. It will be impossible to make everyone happy unfortunately, but I am open to suggestions. It looks like you all in Australia are 14hours ahead of EST, and guys in California are 3 hours behind EST. This is a big planet. What a time to be alive, with the ability to be simultaneously connected to each of you, and to be able to organize planetary commerce with a device that fits in my pocket. Pretty incredible.
Thanks mate!! I'd love an adjustment to make it more feasible for me, but I understand that you can't make it work for everybody. I guess I'll just take the risk and hope I can somehow grab one!

Jump to top Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 05:23:20 AM   #46
Redface2007

United States

I know im new here, im usually on e90post. Just picked up a 2005 e46 m3 vert from my brother in California will this fit?

Im in on this groupbuy, please pm me with details or everything i would need to fit this to an 2005 e46 convertible.
Jump to top Redface2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 05:29:35 AM   #47
HD-M3

Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redface2007 View Post
I know im new here, im usually on e90post. Just picked up a 2005 e46 m3 vert from my brother in California will this fit?

Im in on this groupbuy, please pm me with details or everything i would need to fit this to an 2005 e46 convertible.
Unfortunately it won't fit the vert. Correct me if I'm wrong. Other companies make vert csl trunks tho. But since the original csl was never made in convertible configuration, the oem is only for coupes
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 01:04:16 PM   #48
TheSt|G
Resident Curmudgeon

In the garage:

Isle of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan1990 View Post
Unfortunately it won't fit the vert. Correct me if I'm wrong. Other companies make vert csl trunks tho. But since the original csl was never made in convertible configuration, the oem is only for coupes
You are correct.
911 Journal/Build Thread
Sold - '13 WRB BRZ Limited 6MT
Sold - '03 Lemans on Lemans E39 M5 6MT
Sold - '99 Kosmos-Schwarzes E36 5MT M3 Coupe

Quote:
No fun no care
Jump to top TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 04:32:42 PM   #49
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redface2007 View Post

As the two above me have mentioned. The OE CSL boot-lid only fits coupes. BMW did not make one for verts since the CSL only came as a coupe. Sorry, mate. You are going to want to look for a CSL rep specifically made for verts. They will have the brake light incorporated into the trunk itself, which is one way to identify that the trunk was made for verts. If you can find one, Vorsteiner is your best bet. I was going to link one that was recently for sale, but it looks like it already sold. They are pretty hard to come by. Thanks for your interest though.

Old Wed, May-03-2017, 05:50:53 PM   #50
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Updated the OP
Price and Shipping to the USA, Canada, and Mexico are all the same!

Australia is a little different. I will admit, that I need further clarification on the reply I received regarding Australia, but for now, I have included the prices I was given and an additional note to be aware of regarding Australia's import tax. Hopefully it makes sense to you Aussies. I am thinking something might have been lost in translation with the guys in Germany. I will ask for further clarification and will update it once I get a reply.