BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Mon, Feb-13-2017, 02:27:37 AM   #31
djjvr
OEM+

In the garage:

Denmark

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

So, I like many others in this thread, have nothing but good things to say about Dan. I just picked up my car today from rod bearing replacement and I could not be any happier. Drop off and pick up were simple, the work space was clean and organized, and his communication is better than any shop I've had experience with.
Throughout the time he had my car he would provide updates as well as send pictures of what was happening. He is incredibly thorough with his work, and made sure everything went back on the car clean and orderly. Another plus is that he replaced my Motor-mounts, steering guibo, and the CPV O-ring while he was in doing the bearings.
Upon pick up he went over everything that he did once again, as well as review items that he noticed during his final inspection of the car. (He has a very keen eye for sure)
If you are looking to have your bearings done, or anything else really, just have Dan do it. He's the best.

Build Journal
Jump to top djjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Feb-22-2017, 01:49:26 AM   #32
Jt_e46m3

United States

Dan has seen my car twice after this weekend. First was for a PPI which he looked at the car in a lot of detail and gave me the blessing to purchase! This past weekend he did an Inspection 2 + extras for me. He let me order all my parts and bring it to him for the labor, unfortunately i ordered some wrong stuff and he was able to help me pick up the correct stuff to get the job done. He is very meticulous and definitely enjoys working on M3s! Work was great and I was always updated with the progress. Will definitely be back for vanos strengthening soon. Thanks again for the work on my m3 dan!
Jump to top Jt_e46m3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Mar-12-2017, 08:43:13 PM   #33
M Nectar

In the garage:

United States

Dan performed the full VANOS lockdown (and valve adjustment) on my E46 this week, and I couldn't be happier. Communication both prior and during the work was top notch, and Dan went out of his way to assist with logistics.

Dan spent the time to go over all of the work in detail upon pickup, along with providing a comprehensive full-car inspection for anything needing attention. I was impressed with his setup -- he has all of the proper BMW specific tools and equipment, including the BMW GT1 software to check timing. He even performed a pro bono exhaust adjustment to fix a rattling problem I had.

His attention to detail was meticulous. And, he's a really nice guy to boot. Highly recommended!
Jump to top M Nectar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-28-2017, 07:29:38 PM   #34
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Talking Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Just wanted to thank Dan for an awesome job I had the following work done below. Throughout the entire process, pictures and texts were given as well as recommendations for future maintenance. Communication was awesome. It was like i was there with him while all the work was being performed. Also he had all the vanos overhaul parts all in stock. So all we had to do was set a date. If you looking to bulletproof your vanos, Dan is a great guy who does impressive work for a great price.

Vanos Overhaul
-Beisan Systems S54 Vanos seals/sealing plate/rattle/oil pump/rebuilt solenoid coilpacks/kits
-Cam gear bolts
-Vanos oil pump disk *if using OE re-drilled exhaust hub, not applicable if using TurboToy V3 hub*
-Vanos anti-rattle procedure
-Vanos seals
-Vanos oil filter
-Vanos solenoid pack
-Upper chain tensioner guide
-Cleaning of all parts

Valve adjustment at SAME TIME as vanos overhaul (much of the parts removal labor to perform the valve adjustment is already performed during the vanos overhaul procedure and thus I discount the valve adjustment price to reflect this).
-Full 24 valve check + adjustment if needed
-Includes full printout of before/after adjustment values
*If clearance is within spec but at the upper and or lower end of BMW recommended spec, I will still adjust and attempt to get to the middle of the recommended spec for optimum performance/longevity between valve adjustments.

Replace ac tensioner/roller/idler/belts

Replace bosch coilpacks/NKG sparkplugs

Replace oe oil/filter

Replace oe ZCP rotors/pads/sensors/bleed/bed

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-08-2017, 07:07:48 PM   #35
nectrplnt

In the garage:

United States

Quick review of Dan's work, 02 M3 LSB-112K-6Speed

I reached out to Dan to get some work done on my baby. I needed a full engine overhaul and wanted all the major work done because I had no history of it. Also I noticed a few leaks and wanted to address them as my mileage is starting to creep up.

Dan was very easy to work with in dropping off the car. Since this is not my DD, I was able to leave the car with Dan for about a week. After inspection, we decided to address the whole engine. Vanos bullet proof, Rod Bearings, engine mounts, valve adjustment, etc. Dan was very active in updating me on the status of my car. He would send me pictures and explain what he was working on. This was AWESOME as many car enthusiasts really appreciate this. The attention to detail is first class.

When I picked my car up, you gave me a full update of the work that was performed, provided all receipts and even gave me a ZIP file of more pictures during the overhaul. But of course, talk is cheap without driving the dam thing. All, I can say is that it feels like a new car. After a few tanks of gas, I can truly say it is driving better than I have ever had it before. Its so smooth. Thank you!!!!

In the future, if you need work done at a very reasonable price and with attention to detail, HIT UP DAN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3568.jpg (345.3 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3572.jpg (244.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3580.jpg (205.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3603.jpg (483.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3614.jpg (379.5 KB, 35 views)
Jump to top nectrplnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-08-2017, 08:23:43 PM   #36
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Awesome

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Apr-24-2017, 08:45:58 PM   #37
drewdoode

United States

Dan does an amazing job on rod bearings. He is meticulous and gives updates throughout the entire process. He is willing to answer questions. He really shows attention to detail, a passion for these cars and is an honest stand up guy. I highly recommend Dan for any work needed on E46 M3.
Jump to top drewdoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, May-06-2017, 08:29:02 AM   #38
Swoop
///M Power

United States

This thread in particular, as well as several others, led me to consider having my car serviced by an acknowledged top flight community member, as opposed to my normal practice of using independent shops, or worst case, the dealership. I've never had the confidence to have work done like this before at this level, especially with regards to the amount of work and costs involved (which wasn't really much), but the accolades and reference points made this a viable option worthy of my consideration. Having said that, I'm now way more receptive to this approach, and I can thankfully attribute this to Dan and the service that he provided that I and my car received. I also think that this forum definitely also deserves a shout out for the overall supportive nature!

It started with an email to Dan, and we exchanged several more to finalize the scope of work to be done, which included the following:

Replace all five exhaust hangers
Replace power steering hose
Full Beisan VANOS lockdown with all recommended OE parts
Inspection 2

We agreed upon logistics (bonus is he's close), and I dropped my car off. I did have the option to pre-order the parts myself, but since he would have obtained them from the same source(s), I left it in Dan's hands (I would probably have left something off or ordered the incorrect part(s)). While working on my car, Dan provided continual current status updates and photos via text, and when necessary, recommended additional replacements, as he was working in that area.

So, in addition to the prescribed work order, Dan also installed:

AC belt
Accessory belt
CPV O-Ring
Front strut tower reinforcement plates
Rear spring perch reinforcement plates
MRG wheel stud conversion
BBS blue center caps
windshield wiper blades
(also got to put on Mr. Wolfe's painted LSB valve cover)

As with most things, there was a hiccup with one of the Beisan parts (which was an extremely rare case), but Dan/Raj addressed it immediately. Since my car is not a DD/primary, it was not an impact, but I wanted to call it out as an example of where I think these relationships are beneficial to the community at large (BIG Thanks to Raj/Dan).

This only added one day past the original due date, and when I arrived, the car was ready, and I received a spreadsheet with the valve settings initial/final clearance documented, all of the leftover fluids, and my Blackstone oil sample ready to go! I also got a zip file with all of the photos taken during the maintenance event. Once I got into the car and drove home, I noticed that it seemed to be just a bit smoother and quicker, but that's hard to quantify, since I haven't driven it since then. With more miles, I don't expect anything earth shattering, but I will admit, I do feel good about this maintenance cycle, almost as much as a major mod.

If anyone in the Bay Area is looking for excellent service and support for your M3, I highly recommend you give Dan Avon your consideration!

2005 Dinan S2
Jump to top Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-19-2017, 06:50:29 PM   #39
Jurrrd

In the garage:

United States

Just wanted to add in a note about Dan.

I met Dan through Matt, the OP of this thread, at several track days.

He's a great guy and did some amazing work on my fathers E46 M3 this past week.

He did top notch work for an affordable price! Highly recommend him for any of your S54 needs if you're NorCal local!

2006 M3 | CB | Cinnamon | 6MT | Slicktop | IG: @jurrrd
Jump to top Jurrrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-08-2017, 06:03:33 PM   #40
aznbo187
XIII

In the garage:

United States

I've purchased some OEM parts from Dan and he shipped it out as promised, for a very good price, and well packaged. Seems like Dan is the Man!