BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Sat, Oct-22-2016, 01:11:26 PM   #21
deseroner

In the garage:

Nicaragua

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Dan , just recently installed my turner pulley kit about a month ago, so far excellent work .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09 Jerez black coupe . 275/35/19 mss rear,Alex alpine gts dct software with some coding(euro mdm,DVD in ,mirrors fold on lock ) , rogue engineering pulleys ,engine software next. Eibach springs . New brake front rotors with new hawk pads no rear pads. Rd front sway bar.ACTIVE AUTOWERKE TEST PIPES W/vibrant o2 reducers.
Jump to top deseroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Nov-28-2016, 07:40:50 PM   #22
tsang151

In the garage:

China

Dan is definitely the man when it comes to communication and level of detail for the work involved. I contacted him in early November for a valve adjustment and coil/plu replacement for a hesitation that i was having in the car after having it sit for a long time. Dan was very informative about what might needed to be done along with the scope, cost and time it would take to do everything. We scheduled a time towards the end of the month and he took care of everything and I mean everything. He asked me to take the car to him to which i told him i was not really comfortable driving it due to the hesitation and he said no problem he would come to me and bring everything with him to do the work. He ordered everything that was needed and he even showed up before I got there. He immediately got to work on the valve adjustment, Inspection II, and brake bleed for my brembos. He kept me informed throughout the process about what was being done as well as keeping detailed records of all the valve adjustments. After a very long day 8:30-6:30! He even took the time to run a diagnostic for me to make sure all the codes were cleared and everything was addressed. I drove the car home that night and it was smooth as silk. I cannot recommend Dan enough and I really wish everyone that worked on cars was as honest, detailed and professional as he was! 5 stars and i will be going back to him again for sure!

/// Active Autowerkes HKS Stage 2 Supercharger /// 19" BBS RS-GT/// Vorsteiner Silver CF Front Lip /// Vorsteiner Silver CF Sideskirts /// /// Dixis Ti Exhaust /// UUC Rasp-X /// UUC LTW Flywheel / Clutch /// UUC Sway Barbarian /// UUC EVO III /// UUC DSSR /// Silver CF Interior and Headlight Trim /// BBS Gran Turismo BBK /// 7500K Headlights and Foglights ///
Jump to top tsang151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-10-2016, 10:16:03 PM   #23
WyattH

In the garage:

United States

When I lived in LA, Kevin (Kaiv) was my go-to M guy. He's a real asset to the SoCal community.
Since I moved to SF, I have been going to Ray (Playskool1), who is equally awesome.
But then the time came for a valve adjustment, which requires the car to be cold. My condo garage does not allow such work to be done there, so my car needed to be dropped off somewhere the night before and I had to coordinate a ride home and back the next morning. With Dan so close to me, I gave him a try. We just finished the work (valve adjustment, vanos overhaul, etc.) and all I can say is your car is in great hands with Dan. He was communicative, fairly priced, thorough, fun to wrench with (or watch), and knew what he was doing. This forum/club is a special place to have so many great options for work like this.

Dinan | CSL | RAC | TCK | Brembo | \\\WyattH's Journal

Last edited by WyattH; Sat, Dec-10-2016 at 11:31:01 PM.
Jump to top WyattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-13-2016, 09:51:50 PM   #24
tweed

United States

I can't say enough good things about Dan. After receiving a ridiculous quote on a valve adjustment from a shop, I reached out to get his help. Really responsive, helped coordinate getting to/from his house, and actually uncovered extra issues for the car that the indy bmw mechanics missed. On top of that helped me figure out some DIY short-term fixes while I got things in order. Really reasonable prices especially in light of going above and beyond.

You can tell that Dan is a real enthusiast and knows these cars extremely well. I will be bugging him and going back for whatever work he will take on in the future. Thanks again Dan, you the man!
Jump to top tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2016, 07:27:11 AM   #25
Monterey///M3

United States

Went to Dan today for a corner balance. He does great and fast work. Best of all, he explained everything thoroughly and clearly as well as answering all general questions I had about the car and tracking. 10/10 would recommend!
Jump to top Monterey///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2016, 08:44:45 AM   #26
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

Ohh you do corner balance .. Nice

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jan-12-2017, 11:44:00 PM   #27
Monterey///M3

United States

Went back to Dan today for the vanos. I had previously opened up the vanos and attempted the job but hadn't totally timed the exhaust cam to where it should be. We found this out when I was over for the corner balance a couple weeks ago. Dan pulled everything, cleaned it with his amazing attention to detail, installed the oil pump disc, and wrapped everything up in record time. 10/10 would recommend, ill be back for headers soon hopefully!
Jump to top Monterey///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-14-2017, 01:27:48 PM   #28
deseroner

In the garage:

Nicaragua

Dan is the man again , I have a e92 m3 did all my brake pads plus my rotors and my front brake lines .he bled my brake fluid too. Excellent work again .

09 Jerez black coupe . 275/35/19 mss rear,Alex alpine gts dct software with some coding(euro mdm,DVD in ,mirrors fold on lock ) , rogue engineering pulleys ,engine software next. Eibach springs . New brake front rotors with new hawk pads no rear pads. Rd front sway bar.ACTIVE AUTOWERKE TEST PIPES W/vibrant o2 reducers.
Old Wed, Jan-18-2017, 12:14:37 AM   #29
jacobbb

United States

No one works on my car except for me because no individual or any shop can meet my standards on how work should be done on my prized m3. With that being said, when it came time to do my rod bearings, I happily handed the keys over to Dan. I know he is as meiticulous as I am and that's saying a lot. He completed the job in 1 day and everything was exactly the way it should be. If your in the Bay Area and need work done on your car look no further. Unlike even the nicest shops I have came across, Dan actually torques every single bolt to spec. Even bolts that don't matter such as sway bar end link bolts, he makes sure they are to spec. Dan takes his time to make sure everything is absolutely perfect before it leaves his garage. Not only is Dan a great technician I'm fortunate to be able to call him a good friend as well. If I need any major work done in the future you already know who will be the one taking care of it.
Jump to top jacobbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-06-2017, 05:19:44 PM   #30
deseroner

In the garage:

Nicaragua

I had dan install my front sway bars on my e92 m3 . We were going to install my macht schnell pullies then found out my car had rogue engineering , honest guy . Like always he is my e92 m3 go to guy . Again excellent person.