BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Thu, Jun-30-2016, 07:24:51 PM   #11
deseroner

In the garage:

Nicaragua

Thumbs up Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Dan is great ,excellent communication . I had my inspection done with him. I had my valves done also to find out I had 15 out of spec . I had my Fabspeed headers and section 1 with 200 cell cats installed by dan also at time of valve adjustment . Car runs great . Will be seeing him on my vanos update . 5 of 5 with dan . Highly recommended . Also he checked my tire pressure and fixed that also .
09 Jerez black coupe . 275/35/19 mss rear,Alex alpine gts dct software with some coding(euro mdm,DVD in ,mirrors fold on lock ) , rogue engineering pulleys ,engine software next. Eibach springs . New brake front rotors with new hawk pads no rear pads. Rd front sway bar.ACTIVE AUTOWERKE TEST PIPES W/vibrant o2 reducers.
Jump to top deseroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-30-2016, 09:53:44 PM   #12
m3elmo

United States

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

glad to see this thread. going to have dan do some vanos work when some $ frees up. i'm in the bay area, just wish he was a bit closer.
Old Wed, Jul-13-2016, 10:30:50 AM   #13
TheGenius46M

In the garage:

United States

Dan is the man!

]

My Build Thread | My Build Journal | Instagram:@thegenius46m
Jump to top TheGenius46M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-26-2016, 08:17:21 AM   #14
Dustyice
Poor College Student

In the garage:

United States

Dan just completed a inspection 2 on my car. He worked from the early morning till the evening to get the car in and out in about a day and a half which was jaw dropping! He found plenty of things down to even missing nuts and bolts on a variety of parts and trim. He also kept me updated the entire time and was incredibly professional.

I can not give his work enough praise. 10/10 would inspect again!
Jump to top Dustyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-19-2016, 09:31:57 PM   #15
jacobbb

United States

A few weeks back I had Dan address the dreaded vanos overhaul in my 2002 m3. I had the parts stored in my garage for months and I decided it was finally time to get this done and over with. Dan originally wanted me to bring the car to his house to complete the work. Unfortunately I decided it was a good idea to blow up my transmission racing a fox body the day before the work was to be completed. Dan the man (being the stand up guy he is) drove out of his way to my house to complete the work since I couldn't exactly make it to his house. Dan brought all the necessary tools to complete the job properly. Let me say this; in 95% of cases Absolutely no one touches my car except me. Even well known enthusiast shops can't live up to my standards and fulfill my insane OCD requirements. With that being said I would %100 let Dan work on my car any day of the week. He works meticulously and even cleans components before reinstallation. He's essentially a walking, talking robot. All vital components were torqued to proper specifications. The job was done in a timely manor and my garage was left spotless. The car started right up first crank and has ran perfect ever sense. Dans prices are the best I've seen around and his work is top notch as well. If you are in the Bay Area and looking to have your Vanos overhaul done don't hesitate to contact Dan.(DanAvoN7)

- Jacob
Jump to top jacobbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-19-2016, 11:27:02 PM   #16
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

Philippines

i wasn't aware dan offered this service. but its good to know as i need to get this done soon

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-01-2016, 07:23:21 AM   #17
m3elmo

United States

I just recently had Dan do work on my 2004 M3 for Vanos, Valve adjustment, and cooling system overhaul. Car was a bit more trouble some than either of us expected and dan was very communicative with photographs and text messages. My car had a broken exhaust hub that wasn't expected and he let me park the car there longer than expected while i ordered a new hub for replacement.

I won't go into long long detail about the extremely positive customer experience but the best way to describe it is as a white glove personal experience from ordering parts to understanding the repairs.

I would highly recommend him for those in the bay area especially if you are in the east bay.

Danny
Old Mon, Oct-03-2016, 06:25:19 AM   #18
SeanS54
E46fanatic

I typically do all the work myself but I don't touch the inside of the engine. Based on this thread and after several conversations with Dan I decided to give him a shot.

This weekend Dan did the following:

Vanos Bullet Proofing w/ Beisan Parts
Valve Adjustment
New Coils
New Plugs
Corner weighted the car (balance TBD)

I'm really glad I got this addressed. Car has 148K miles and is a dedicated track car. We found the chain guide crack, valves out of spec, leaking valve cover gaskets, broken ignition coil.

I didn't expect any power gains but the car definitely pulls harder and is more responsive! I may not have gained power but I'm sure I recovered some that was lost!

Dan does very meticulous work, takes a lot of notes, and explains everything in detail. I will definitely go back to him to get other things done.

BTW, check out his track videos. There's fast, and there's uber fast!

SeanS54
Jump to top SeanS54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-05-2016, 08:27:32 PM   #19
sebringjetta

United States

nice job DAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Tue, Oct-18-2016, 07:24:57 PM   #20
yabmane

In the garage:

United States

I had my inspection 2 done with DAn and installed headers and cars, and other stuffs that I need him to take a look this pass weekend. He is the man. He went on to adjust my coilover and tire and checked make sure my car is up to par. Thank Dan!!!!!

Mod Lists:
ICONZ CSL diffuser, 19x8f, 19x9.5r OEM ZCP,
KW v3, Vibra-Tech engine and transmission mounts
Full Beisan Vanos
Jump to top yabmane is offline   Reply With Quote