BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 06:55:20 PM   #11
VailM3

Default Re: Breaking News: BMW M2 is a Go!

It will be a great car indeed.
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 06:57:35 PM   #12
Eau Rouge
No manuel no care.

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Eau Rouge is a glorious beacon of lightEau Rouge is a glorious beacon of light

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers View Post
everyone knew it

will be interesting to see how the market reacts. I had already pulled my order today based on other reasons that have nothing to do with either car, but I am very surprised that the car will be produced as early as late 2015.
Then why were you all hot and bothered with its big brother?

Almost errbody is surprised by the later 2015-early 2016 timeframe as this year a BMW employee went on record stating 2017 as the earliest date for release. Just can't trust those devious Bavarians.
Quote:
tenfifteen: We have a bunch of kids who can add but not think, and that's the value of educating kids in the humanities, history, etc.
Teaching what's merely essential/practical for a person to function in society is a sad and low bar to set for educating our kids.
Jump to top Eau Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 06:59:10 PM   #13
LeopardM3
E46 Forever

In the garage:

Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
For me it's all about a few specific things:

Weight - will they go to the same degree as the M3/M4?

Engine design - shared or more unique with a focus on removing lag entirely like the M3/M4? Single turbo or twin?

Looks - as good as the M4?

If it nails those, then game on.

Also really curious what its price point will be. The M235i "starts" at $43,100, but decently loaded is very quickly $52k.

The M4 "starts" at $64,200 but decently loaded is about $71-75K last time I did it.

So will it start right at $50k? $55? Wonder how much you'll be able to option it and how close that will get you to M4 pricing, which has quite a bit more power.

Rogue Engineering shifter /// Stainless steel trans lines /// BMW Performance CF Front Sway Bar /// Stainless Steel Brake Lines /// OEM ZCP Wheels /// Bimmian Fogs /// Painted reflectors /// 7000K 264-SMD LED Halos /// Machined Aluminum Pedals /// Dension Bluetooth with Microphone /// Max Vincent Aluminum Oil Filter Housing Cap /// Aluminum M Oil Filler Cap /// Status Gruppe M CF Engine Cover
Jump to top LeopardM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:01:44 PM   #14
tdz123
#1 M3F.net user.

In the garage:

United States

I'm guessing the M will be a $10,000 premium over the 235.
Jump to top tdz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:02:14 PM   #15
kennypowers

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
Then why were you all hot and bothered with its big brother?

Almost errbody is surprised by the later 2015-early 2016 timeframe as this year a BMW employee went on record stating 2017 as the earliest date for release. Just can't trust those devious Bavarians.
it is possible to like more than one car. both the m3 and m2 will be great IMO. I know, this seems odd to you.

ive said since day 1 that the m2 makes more sense to me than the m4, but the m3 is a different beast as it has 4 doors and is not realy in the same segment. go troll my old posts if you care that much

anyway, good news, and surprising time frame. will be interesting to see how they modify the n55 for m2 usage
Jump to top kennypowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:03:02 PM   #16
Eau Rouge
No manuel no care.

In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Eau Rouge is a glorious beacon of lightEau Rouge is a glorious beacon of light

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Z. View Post
It'll probably weigh more than the M3
I doubt that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porshapwr View Post
For me it's all about a few specific things:

Weight - will they go to the same degree as the M3/M4?

Engine design - shared or more unique with a focus on removing lag entirely like the M3/M4? Single turbo or twin?

Looks - as good as the M4?

If it nails those, then game on.
Weight: Maybe, but it will all depend on how many they plan to sell. The larger the number the lower the unit cost to produce which creates room to incorporate the more expensive lightweight materials.

Engine design: The lag will be there in mitigated form or not, but the engine should be worthy to sit side by side with that of the F8X M3/M4.

Looks - Shouldn't be hard to look as good or better; especially if BMW has read the forums and digested the non-sexy appeal of integrated headlamps and the fcukin' hoodline.
Quote:
tenfifteen: We have a bunch of kids who can add but not think, and that's the value of educating kids in the humanities, history, etc.
Teaching what's merely essential/practical for a person to function in society is a sad and low bar to set for educating our kids.

Last edited by Eau Rouge; Wed, Apr-30-2014 at 07:07:39 PM.
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:03:15 PM   #17
Wayward
TwinTurbo

United States

Kenny you pulled your order already?

Not too fond of the 2 series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:03:33 PM   #18
kennypowers

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLeopard91 View Post
Also really curious what its price point will be. The M235i "starts" at $43,100, but decently loaded is very quickly $52k.

The M4 "starts" at $64,200 but decently loaded is about $71-75K last time I did it.

So will it start right at $50k? $55? Wonder how much you'll be able to option it and how close that will get you to M4 pricing, which has quite a bit more power.
the m4 is decently loaded in base form already. nav, heated seats, powered seats, etc....no need to take it to 70+k with useless tech options

I expect a price of around 52-54k, which I think is reasonable in todays market.
Jump to top kennypowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:05:22 PM   #19
LeopardM3
E46 Forever

In the garage:

Romania

Quote:
it is possible to like more than one car. both the m3 and m2 will be great IMO. I know, this seems odd to you.

ive said since day 1 that the m2 makes more sense to me than the m4, but the m3 is a different beast as it has 4 doors and is not realy in the same segment. go troll my old posts if you care that much

anyway, good news, and surprising time frame. will be interesting to see how they modify the n55 for m2 usage
Is it wrong that I want both? And an E46 M.

Rogue Engineering shifter /// Stainless steel trans lines /// BMW Performance CF Front Sway Bar /// Stainless Steel Brake Lines /// OEM ZCP Wheels /// Bimmian Fogs /// Painted reflectors /// 7000K 264-SMD LED Halos /// Machined Aluminum Pedals /// Dension Bluetooth with Microphone /// Max Vincent Aluminum Oil Filter Housing Cap /// Aluminum M Oil Filler Cap /// Status Gruppe M CF Engine Cover
Jump to top LeopardM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-30-2014, 07:06:18 PM   #20
Eau Rouge
No manuel no care.

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

As usual, you are mistaken. Mucho here for GT3, F355, NSX, Z4MCoupe, E46M3, etc..,

Trolling? More like you trolled teh forum with declarations of for M3 then ditch teh bish when li'l hawtie M2 rang you up. GL going forward.
Quote: