BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 04:32:59 AM   #21
dresden87

United States

Default Re: Designing an SMG Pump Relocation Kit

Subbed. Super excited to see this happen. Also, I'm a dev - so if you're needing a site and setup to get them sold, hmu. I'll help the cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top dresden87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 05:02:40 AM   #22
humarahumara

United States

Thank you so much for taking this project on. The kit has been talked about but so far hasn't happened. If it's anything like the group buys, I actually see this being done sooner rather than later. The SMG guys really need this!!

I wish I had more SMG parts laying around. Only thing I have is a gear position sensor and actuator. PM me if you need them.
Jump to top humarahumara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 05:15:48 AM   #23
Cha5en

United States

Does anyone else have their ABS unit in the "drug bin"? Great idea, though, as I believe there's likely very few of us that will run into this issue

Quote:
Apart from anything else, it would give a tremendous 'feelgood' boost to the end of the season, be the greatest comeback story since Lazarus, and give us a chance to enjoy Robert's laconic humour again. Remember that monster shunt of his in Canada? The next day, as he walked out of hospital, a journalist asked him if he'd seen the crash on TV. Robert Kubica stopped, looked the journo right in the eye and said: "I've seen it twice: the first time I was there!"
Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 06:01:15 AM   #24
idntknow2005

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha5en View Post
Does anyone else have their ABS unit in the "drug bin"? Great idea, though, as I believe there's likely very few of us that will run into this issue
my abs is also in the drug bin.

Ill be the one designing and HOPEFULLY producing this relocation kits. I have been in a custom fabricating for about 15 years and im currently an engineer for akebono. thankfully I work the night shift and have access to all machinery with out people questioning what im doing. my plan is to make 1 -3 kits and give them away for actual cost to people who will test them and give me their thoughts and concerns and then writing a review/diy.

I personally like the idea of putting the unit in the trunk (more room, easier to route lines and less heat) but I get that people don't like that idea due to losing some trunk space.
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 06:22:26 AM   #25
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
I guess I'm either really Lucky or I have a SMG Unicorn! We have the same temps here in July and Aug. I DD mine all year and so far (knock on wood) haven't had a single issue yet.

I recently (since last summer) started getting the Cog sign on the dash in these temps. But in winter car worked flawlessly. In fact even with the cog sign car worked fine, no dropping gears etc etc just a temp issue.

I hope to get the kit done on my car before next summer so i can do some tests. I will not be rebuilding the pump, just doing the relocation and maybe just changing the temp sensor on the pump as i have a new one here.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 10:17:14 AM   #26
idntknow2005

United States

if anybody has done the smg to 6mt (the ultimate relocation) swap and still has your lines PLEASE pm me or the OP. I would like to purchase a few sets. thank you
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 04:34:29 PM   #27
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Progress on the design is moving surprisingly fast. Thus far, this looks to be SUPER simple. Once we have all the parts, we should have a prototype relocation kit to test out in only a few days after, if all things go to plan. IDontKnow2005 is a wizard with his fabrication abilities. He has already figured out some ideal solutions for this to best optimize the relocation and to keep costs down. We will also be experimenting with possibly using the spot in the trunk where the tire kit would be. I think this spot would be the most ideal, but we will see. Both the 'drug-bin' and trunk seem to be really convenient and easy to relocate spots. Super excited about this and can't believe the progress he has made in the design in such a short period of time. This has been long over due. Cheers.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 05:23:05 PM   #28
Hai

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Progress on the design is moving surprisingly fast. Thus far, this looks to be SUPER simple. Once we have all the parts, we should have a prototype relocation kit to test out in only a few days after, if all things go to plan. IDontKnow2005 is a wizard with his fabrication abilities. He has already figured out some ideal solutions for this to best optimize the relocation and to keep costs down. We will also be experimenting with possibly using the spot in the trunk where the tire kit would be. I think this spot would be the most ideal, but we will see. Both the 'drug-bin' and trunk seem to be really convenient and easy to relocate spots. Super excited about this and can't believe the progress he has made in the design in such a short period of time. This has been long over due. Cheers.
More than 5 star.
Jump to top Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 05:55:40 PM   #29
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Awesome

UltraGauge - BAVSOUND Stage 1 - Valentine One - Orion V4's - SBV2
TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - Turner Spacers 15/12 - BWS 500S 12k/16k
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 06:34:25 PM   #30
m3nt0s

In the garage:

United States

Wasn't Vince talking about developing a relocation kit? Or did that discussion dry up?
Jump to top m3nt0s is offline   Reply With Quote