BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Fri, Sep-29-2017, 06:17:33 PM   #91
Braymond141

United States

Default Re: Thoughts on this E36 for DD use?

If $8k is a smoking deal for a tired looking 99, then 12k is more than reasonable for the cosmos you are looking at (again, pics are not great so it could be crap in person).

For the record; I am on board with the price hike on our cars. I'm just not ready to say that silver 99 is a great deal... it needs a great deal of work.

1996 M3 Journal | MSportParts
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Sep-29-2017, 06:28:32 PM   #92
abcurran

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
Priced too high?

Based on limited information,I think its a fair asking price for a sub 100k mile, 1999 MY car. The pristine, low mile, garage queens are easily over $20K now. For private party sale, I think it's reasonable. Of course, your inspection might reveal it to be an $8K car...

For comparison...
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...searchRadius=0
Jump to top abcurran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-29-2017, 08:18:09 PM   #93
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
Priced too high?

IMO yes it's a bit high based on the info and photos provided. I would try to talk them down a little. But after all, you have been in the market for a long time so I guess maybe just do it and enjoy the car.
Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 02:19:57 AM   #94
SQ13

United States

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Whether or not $11,500 for a 97k mile E36 M3 was a good deal, what's done is done. I bought it Thursday evening with 97,500 miles on the clock (after test drive). I've driven it 350 miles since then.

It's far from perfect, but I will bring it up to my standards. It needs a few paint touch ups and dents pulled. Replace fog lights because one lens is cracked. Install HID headlights because I drive at night often. Replace door handle and rear window rubber seals and passenger side mirror motor. Remove the poorly done window tint; not sure if I want to get new tint. Shifter wobbles too much, so I'm going to do a shifter refresh. Slight glovebox sag that I'd like to address. Most importantly, the headliner needs to come out to fix sag. I'm going to wipe down the PS lines and oil pan to try and figure out the source of the leaks. The seller did include materials for headliner fix, including new fabric, and ECS shifter rebuild kit.

I would like to keep the car mainly stock. The headlights are necessary for me. I will order clear corners, side markers, and tail lights. Might get LTW splitter, a second trunk + LTW wing, and squared wheels. The steering wheel is kinda ugly and lacks girth (vs. my stock E46 wheel), so I'll likely get a modified Euro wheel. But I will focus on maintenance, preventive maintenance, and fixing cosmetic issues first.

I also got my "totaled" E46 back from the shop on Friday. I had to tear the carpet out due to floodwater, and I really don't want to go through the pain of putting new carpet in, so I may turn it into a dedicated track car. I'll make that decision once I settle with insurance and buy car back. It had been a little over a month since I last drove the car, and I forgot how precise, badass, and racecar-like the car is.

I'll take better pictures once I was the car.
Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 02:41:03 AM   #95
westopher

Canada

Congrats man! It only took about 300 threads and a flood to get you to pull the trigger.
I hope the car is everything you hoped it would be. I think for the price it seems good. Low milage, minor fixes makes good starting point to enjoy.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 100k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 04:02:11 AM   #96
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Bear SSK ftw

Sent from my crotchphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Jump to top propchef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 05:10:56 PM   #97
SQ13

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Congrats man! It only took about 300 threads and a flood to get you to pull the trigger.

I hope the car is everything you hoped it would be. I think for the price it seems good. Low milage, minor fixes makes good starting point to enjoy.

Thanks. Can't wait to see the end results. It won't be as extreme as the E46, but I will be just as happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post

Bear SSK ftw

Sent from my crotchphone

Definitely needs a SSK.

It was funny when I went from the E36 to the E46 when I picked it up from the shop. The throw was more than 50% shorter, more notchy, and more precise. I'll do some searching to figure out what my options are to imitate my E46's shifter feel.

Been waiting for a while to park my own E36 next to my E46.

Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 06:45:30 PM   #98
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
LMAO true though.
Old Thu, Oct-05-2017, 02:18:50 PM   #99
thewheel82

In the garage:

United States

Former (brief) owner of the car here. Hope you enjoy! Wish I would have had the time to enjoy the car and work on it in my spare time however toddlers seem to not care about Dad's personal time, haha.

I am now without some sort of sports car again and daily driving a full size truck. I wonder how long I can hold out? I did have to purchase myself a nice Les Baer 1911 with part of the proceeds as I have wanted one for around 15 years. Seemed like an appropriate 35th bday present to myself.

Two successful M3 sales, E46 and E36, to fellow forum members and both have been classy individuals.

Hope the car treats you well and I look forward to periodically checking on your progress.