BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:27:49 PM   #71
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour
 
tenfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 34,630
Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold
Location: MD/C

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Tim View Post
I got this Yugo - I'm going to help him out.
I don't care how many popmusic rags proclaim it. These lists are according to a bunch of people who obviously know **** all about hip-hop. If the list doesn't have Rakim in the top three, it's written by a fukn retard.
__________________
Jump to top tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:42:19 PM   #72
FastYugo
Registered User
 
FastYugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,435
Reputation: 0 FastYugo is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
I don't care how many popmusic rags proclaim it. These lists are according to a bunch of people who obviously know **** all about hip-hop. If the list doesn't have Rakim in the top three, it's written by a fukn retard.
i've been living my life according to my bible


and my favorite religious line...

If you got a gun up in your waist please don't shoot up the place (why?)
'Cause I see some ladies tonight that should be havin' my baby, baby
Jump to top FastYugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:46:28 PM   #73
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour
 
tenfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 34,630
Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold
Location: MD/C

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

yawn5
__________________
Jump to top tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:48:21 PM   #74
e46Dawg
Registered User
 
e46Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,400
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 e46Dawg is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Rakim, Nas, Cube, Wu Tang, etc. All were amazing, but Biggie, Tupac, Dre, Outkast and Snoop were just more "fun", imo. Great memories and F I'm old.

Jay Z hasn't done anything I would listen to in over 10 years or whenever that New York song came out. Just the last one I can think of. Loved his old stuff.

Last edited by e46Dawg; Thu, Oct-12-2017 at 10:54:15 PM.
Jump to top e46Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:49:14 PM   #75
FastYugo
Registered User
 
FastYugo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,435
Reputation: 0 FastYugo is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
yawn5
dafuq, you're dead to me...
Jump to top FastYugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 10:52:06 PM   #76
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour
 
tenfifteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 34,630
Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold
Location: MD/C

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastYugo View Post
dafuq, you're dead to me...
i'm hurt
__________________
Jump to top tenfifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-12-2017, 11:36:57 PM   #77
Ginsu Tim
Dark, Fussy, Hard To Use, and Potentially Dangerous
 
Ginsu Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,759
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Ginsu Tim is just really nice
Location: Seattle

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46Dawg View Post
Rakim, Nas, Cube, Wu Tang, etc. All were amazing, but Biggie, Tupac, Dre, Outkast and Snoop were just more "fun", imo. Great memories and F I'm old.

Jay Z hasn't done anything I would listen to in over 10 years or whenever that New York song came out. Just the last one I can think of. Loved his old stuff.
(although as a Jay Z fan, I did really love Magna Carta and arts of WTT), and I like a lot of what he's done in co-op with Beyonce - mostly for entertainment purposes, but that's neither here nor there).

And if we are really going back to the roots, we really need to talk about Sugarhill Gang, Furious Five, DMC, EPMD, (Rakim is in there for sure) ... again tho, you get back into the cult factor that prevented these guys from becoming the "giants" of the genre. Absolutely crucial to the future of hip hop, that's undeniable.

Cube, Too Short, Ice T, and (IMO) Snoop have all kind of been there too, but sort of second tier, and they've served as a springboard for so many...

Last thought on this - 2 Live Crew has to be mentioned because they PAVED the way for all explicit lyrics to follow.
__________________

a 10 hand donkey, brown.
1988 Alpine White 325ix (OO==[][]==OO)
Jump to top Ginsu Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-13-2017, 12:18:08 AM   #78
Sammyzuko
Registered User & Abuser
 
Sammyzuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,970
Reputation: 0 Sammyzuko is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Man, he killed it!


__________________
Jump to top Sammyzuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-13-2017, 12:32:40 AM   #79
e46Dawg
Registered User
 
e46Dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,400
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 e46Dawg is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginsu Tim View Post
(although as a Jay Z fan, I did really love Magna Carta and arts of WTT), and I like a lot of what he's done in co-op with Beyonce - mostly for entertainment purposes, but that's neither here nor there).

And if we are really going back to the roots, we really need to talk about Sugarhill Gang, Furious Five, DMC, EPMD, (Rakim is in there for sure) ... again tho, you get back into the cult factor that prevented these guys from becoming the "giants" of the genre. Absolutely crucial to the future of hip hop, that's undeniable.

Cube, Too Short, Ice T, and (IMO) Snoop have all kind of been there too, but sort of second tier, and they've served as a springboard for so many...

Last thought on this - 2 Live Crew has to be mentioned because they PAVED the way for all explicit lyrics to follow.
To be fair, I haven't really given Jay Z a chance in recent years, but I figure I would have come across more of his recent stuff by now if it were that good.

Yes, going back even further, all the ones you listed were good. Sure there were plenty more. I remember being a very little kid and somehow heard Newcleus - Jam on it and my mind was blown. Also, did the whole 2 Live Crew thing with the Sony Walkman and headphones so moms wouldn't know about it.
Jump to top e46Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-13-2017, 01:33:00 AM   #80
M3_Dust
Intredusting
 
M3_Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 32,335
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 M3_Dust will become famous soon enough
Location: My wife's house

United States




Default Re: slim shady back with the heat

Second tier
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saag View Post
Financial security, good looking women, fine automobiles and clothing. That is how my friends and I portray ourselves to the rest of society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggb View Post
Must be horrible that you cannot afford one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastYugo View Post
people hate you and you look like a turd. GTFO.
Jump to top M3_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing slim shady back with the heat in the Off Topic Forum - Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive) at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)