BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Oct-11-2017, 04:22:56 PM   #31
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Hit a deer with my DD this moring.

I did not suggest the Golf R would replace the M3 as a track car. It's main purpose would be DD. However, there are times when one signs up for a HPDR that turns out to be a wet day, and the R would be more capable on those conditions and kind of fun to use for that as well.

Overall, I agree with the consensus of keeping two cars. I know it's less of a compromise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Jump to top nasieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Oct-11-2017, 05:15:50 PM   #32
m3nt0s

In the garage:

United States

E46M + some sort of DD = really, really good setup. At least take the M2 for a spin just so you have as much information now as possible. Since it's in your mind, I'd do that test drive ASAP.

If the M2 really blows you away and fits you perfectly, go for it. Anything less than the M2 being a 10/10, keep the E46 and find a new DD! Ultimately, what happened to your DD is part of the reason why you want a DD in the first place...your E46 can serve as a great backup for the time being and keeps you out of rental car hell (if you're concerned about such a thing), plus the E46 wasn't the one that got hit! If you have just M2, it'll soak up miles quickly and be subject to the same routine traffic dangers as 'throw-away' DD.
Jump to top m3nt0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-11-2017, 07:11:13 PM   #33
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3nt0s View Post
E46M + some sort of DD = really, really good setup. At least take the M2 for a spin just so you have as much information now as possible. Since it's in your mind, I'd do that test drive ASAP.

If the M2 really blows you away and fits you perfectly, go for it. Anything less than the M2 being a 10/10, keep the E46 and find a new DD! Ultimately, what happened to your DD is part of the reason why you want a DD in the first place...your E46 can serve as a great backup for the time being and keeps you out of rental car hell (if you're concerned about such a thing), plus the E46 wasn't the one that got hit! If you have just M2, it'll soak up miles quickly and be subject to the same routine traffic dangers as 'throw-away' DD.
Excellent points.

In the meanwhile the estimate came in and the damage is the the $8k range, with the cars value at about $15-$16k, so the insurance will most likely want it fixed. Guess no new car for me, unless I finagle a deal, trying to sell it as is for around $7-$8k, which is probably not easy.

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Old Wed, Oct-11-2017, 07:58:32 PM   #34
Chuck Nukem

In the garage:

United States

I feel totally out of line with everyone here but why not DD the M3? I DD 1000 miles a week in mine. Starts almost every time
Jump to top Chuck Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-11-2017, 09:11:35 PM   #35
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Nukem View Post
I feel totally out of line with everyone here but why not DD the M3? I DD 1000 miles a week in mine. Starts almost every time
Simple, because if it is set up for track it sucks as a DD.

My Journal

Old Fri, Oct-13-2017, 06:05:38 PM   #36
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Your VW isn't totaled. Had a similar accident in a Jetta years ago and they fixed it. I haven't driven an M2 but just bought an F80 M3 daily. Awesome car but the E46 still feels way better to me.
Initially I thought you were right, as the estimate came in at ~$7500. They since tore the car down and found some more parts that got damaged, and it's now up to $9k. I think it is getting close now. I know at some point 60-80% they will write it off as a loss, and we are right at the bottom of that.

My Journal