BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 06:58:26 PM   #1
Retsknarp
Packers 12-2 (First Round Bye!)

South Africa

Default Football Talk for Marv.

Marv,
I know you're a Houston Texans fan. I remember back in week 2 you had a thread about the Texans going 2-0 and couldn't believe it. I don't have a problem with your Texans and they're virtually no harm to my Packers. However, I just read the little article here <paste below in italic> and thought, maybe Ahman Green should have stayed with Green Bay and help them out with the running game when they needed him during the first 8 weeks. That is, prior to Ryan Grant came about Not that we need him anymore but I just didn't know Texans released A.Green early in December........ Looks like he better off staying with the Packers.

December 08, 2007
Looking toward 2008, what position should the Texans fix first?
I'm voting for an impact running back. Until the Texans can run the ball consistently, they won't be able to protect Matt Schaub or be productive on offense. However...

There are a numbing list of other needs. Given Dunta Robinson's uncertain status for 2008, they have to get a cornerback to play opposite Fred Bennett. They're still not very good in the defensive line, and as always, the offensive line could be upgraded.

In the wake of Ahman Green's release, let's review the previous off-season. Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith appear to have had another solid draft depending on the development of Amobi Okoye. They got it right with Danny Clark, but whiffed on Jordan Black and Ahman Green. They also got it right on Matt Schaub, but the jury is still out given his injuries.

I still say they've done a good job. They've had two pretty good drafts and virtually remade the roster in two off-seasons. They're still saddled with some of the mistakes of the previous regime and need help in a lot of areas.

I was way wrong on Ahman Green. I knew there were risks associated with a 30-year-old running back. I also believed Ahman Green was far better than anyone the Texans had on their roster or could get in the draft. They weren't going to get Adrian Peterson with the 10th pick, and it was a thin draft for running backs. In the end, I thought Ahman Green still had gas in the tank.

He didn't. Zilch. Zippo. Ahman Green was $6.5 million poorly spent. (I think he has another $1.5 million in guaranteed money coming if the Texans cut him.) He had three games in which he got at least 15 carries. He finished with 260 rushing yards and two touchdowns. In the snapshot that the Texans had Matt Schaub, Ahman Green and Andre Johnson healthy, they looked like a playoff team. But that's irrelevant.

On a side note, Ahman Green isn't exactly the nicest guy the Texans have had in their lockerroom. If a guy can't play, you'd think he'd at least be nice. Don't judge a guy by the smiling face you see on TV. Even jerks can be nice for 90 seconds.
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 07:00:37 PM   #2
da3bous
Restricted

In the garage:

Faroe Islands

Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 07:32:27 PM   #3
Jasoncor
Grumpy Young Man

In the garage:

United States

thread failure
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 07:35:15 PM   #4
Roma

Ukraine

Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 07:59:28 PM   #5
LALaw
Brah

In the garage:

Canada

Guess what - you can quote all the Richard Justice articles you want, but when you doctor them, you will get called out like a little *****. Just like when you pretended you had a girlfriend.

You misquoted the article on purpose. The article ASSUMES that Green will be cut at the end of the season and the Texans will draft another RB. It's looking ahead to 2008. As of now Green is still on the roster.

As usual, you've been
Jump to top LALaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 08:32:29 PM   #6
Retsknarp

South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post
Guess what - you can quote all the Richard Justice articles you want, but when you doctor them, you will get called out like a little *****. Just like when you pretended you had a girlfriend.

You misquoted the article on purpose. The article ASSUMES that Green will be cut at the end of the season and the Texans will draft another RB. It's looking ahead to 2008. As of now Green is still on the roster.

As usual, you've been
Are you retarded? Perhaps you should know what you are talking about before you open your mouth. He's on injured reserved, who isn't playing.

Looks like you got
http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Roster.html
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 08:34:38 PM   #7
Retsknarp

South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post

As usual, you've been

Give me that proof, as I said before, don't troll.
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 08:36:47 PM   #8
Bents

England

Some major back and forth ownage going on in here.
Had enough of this forum. Thanks guys.
5/24/14:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Iím posting one last time.
Jump to top Bents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 08:38:16 PM   #9
Retsknarp

South Africa

For someone who's studying LALaw, you sure don't do your homework.
Old Wed, Dec-19-2007, 09:25:59 PM   #10
Jasoncor
Grumpy Young Man

In the garage:

United States

please post more pics of your fake girlfriend or ban