BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > General BMW > M3Forum Welcome Center
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3Forum Welcome Center Place for new members and to check in and say hello. If you're a new M3 owner or enthusiast, please check our FAQ's.

Old Thu, May-03-2018, 04:52:13 AM   #1
WTCC_E46

United States

Default BMW Club- Newer Member from Southern California

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ernie Acosta I am one of the newer joined members to your forum. I am located Southern California and am currently working on building myself a E46 330i track car that I can enjoy at local HPD events and Bimmer Challenge Series.

The car is a 2001 BMW E46 330i that I purchased from a local BMW enthusiast who had quite a bit of work done to the car prior to my ownership. Modifications included a full S54B32 engine swap with Getrag 6 speed, Flossmann WTCC Body Kit, repainted Bentley Black exterior, reupholstered full interior with Alcantara with orange stitching and orange seat belts, custom built BBS LM wheels, and other fun goodies. If I told you what I paid for the entire car most of you would not believe me, but it was about the cost of a used S54 engine and transmission:thumbup:. I was beyond happy starting with this platform knowing that the tuning potential would be high. I've already began stripping down the chassis in my garage to begin welding reinforcements for front and rear subframes, all while the car gets a full suspension refresh. Interior is staying in tact with the exception of adding a floor mounted Racetech bucket seat and smaller diameter OMP steering wheel. Purpose of keeping interior installed is so I can compete in B4 Class of Bimmer Challenge and not get bumped into a faster class yet. So I begin my journey in the BMW community. Looking forward to making new acquaintances and hopefully making my first track event in my bimmer next month!

Jump to top WTCC_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, May-06-2018, 01:10:39 AM   #2
tjkenny15

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: BMW Club- Newer Member from Southern California

Cool ride man! Love the s54 swap. Donít see many sedan swaps
Old Sun, May-06-2018, 05:07:06 AM   #3
WTCC_E46

United States

Default Re: BMW Club- Newer Member from Southern California

Update 05/04/18: I finally made the time to install my VAC Motorsports seat floor mounts, side brackets, subfloor mount, and seatbelt brackets. I took careful measurements and fit myself in the Racetech seat multiple times before finally bolting the seat down. I positioned the seat as far back possible while still being able to comfortably reach pedals and shifter. Almost sitting directly beside B pillar and close to center of the chassis, weight savings over OEM seat were significant. Overall, very happy with the seating position and visibility. The next upgrade is going to be a chassis mounted shifter. Anyone have firsthand experience with IRP (Individual Racing Parts) V2/V3 race shifter?

Also picked up some track wheels for the sedan 18x10 +25 Apex ARC8. Eventually these will be getting some 285/35 Federal FZ201.

Jump to top WTCC_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote