BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 08:01:48 PM   #61
TheDoogan
Forward Loaded

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Driving Experience Question: E46 M3 vs .... E30 325

Sigh... well, if nothing I said resonates with anyone, perhaps this mechanical perfectionism thing is just me.

I will say that I *am* a little disappointed that nobody made the obvious joke: "Uh, doog: you drive a vert with Active Autowerke parts and you think you're experiencing perfection?"

2006 E46 M3, 6MT, Convertible, Black/Black - 72k miles
60k mile Service II, Evolve CSL Intake w/Alpha-N tune, Schrick CSL Cam, Active Autowerke Catless Headers, Section 1 High-flow cats & Section 3.
Jump to top TheDoogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 08:07:40 PM   #62
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I knew what he meant-- I just meant this is his MO.
Yep!
Good old doog at it again.
Don't sell the car doog. The forum will miss u

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10

Last edited by HassanEido; Fri, Sep-14-2018 at 08:51:48 PM.
Jump to top HassanEido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 08:32:17 PM   #63
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoogan View Post
Sigh... well, if nothing I said resonates with anyone, perhaps this mechanical perfectionism thing is just me.

I will say that I *am* a little disappointed that nobody made the obvious joke: "Uh, doog: you drive a vert with Active Autowerke parts and you think you're experiencing perfection?"

I know what you meant man. I totally understand it too. I too am after that same bit of perfectionism almost to the point it's a sickness. But it's something that follows me throughout all things I do in life, not just my car. You have to strike a balance, stay within your means keeping the big picture of your situation at the forefront, have self control, and accept when certain things are not in your control.

The question is, is your car "your drug of choice", in which case getting rid of it would alleviate your problems?

or

Is this just an innate personality quality that has been forged within you that you apply to most all things around you, regardless of object?

If the latter, than i don't think selling your car would achieve much other than future regret and a lighter wallet. This is certainly just my opinion, don't take it as anything medically related or "psychoanalytical". =P

Perhaps, slow down and enjoy the ride (pun actually unintended) for how it is. Be in the present moment and practice mindfulness for how things currently are rather than how they can be (or "should be"), and self control will follow.

You own the car, so all you would be doing is liquidating it for physical cash (and at a large loss) So if you don't need the cash flow...Just keep it, use it occasionally as you see fit, enjoy it's presence, look at it, drive it, and pick up a cheaper alternative like an E30 to scratch that other itch and to take your mind off the current one. E30s are cheap enough that this is totally realistic for most people to afford to be able to do. Unless you feel the car is mentally/emotionally (or financially) consuming you, selling it likely won't rid you of all the emotions you described as feeling; they will just be applied to something else. At least that is how I have recognized I function. Perhaps you are similar.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Fri, Sep-14-2018 at 08:37:46 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 08:45:38 PM   #64
Gary Powers
Taking the long way home.

In the garage:

United States

Im almost too afraid to ask but is Doogan for real?
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 08:51:58 PM   #65
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Let me try this again.
I can sort of see where you're coming from, but perhaps you need a paradigm shift. As every wise man on the internet said, it's the journey not the destination brother.
In life we find things that we are passionate about, and occupy ourselves with them to live better lives. What would life be without the pursuit of happiness? Cherish the moments you spend pursuing the end result, never really reaching it. This is why I personally customize and DIY many of my modifications on this car. This why any modification has been done to this car in the first place. let's dissect what happens whenever a guy like us wants to modify(improve) upon this car:
1- Your boredom creates the need in you to occupy yourself with something that would bring satisfaction and alleviate the monotony of life
2- You set yourself a goal, improving X or Y on something you are passionate about, which happens to be this car in this instance
3- You go about doing it in whichever way you like to get your "fix"(not talking about cocaine this time). So you either go for a quick fix, brute force, pay for it, get it installed, enjoy it, try to prolong this sensation by sharing it with as many friends as possible, take pictures, sound clips, post here. Or DIY it, have a richer experience, and the pride that goes with getting it done yourself etc..
4- Boredom sets in again, and you look for more of the same stimulus that felt so good the last time you got ur fix( again not the drug :P )
So, this car really serves a purpose, I would argue, it's one of the things that make life a richer more balanced experience.
You are stuck thinking it's ur perfectionism driving you to not enjoy yourself more, and thinking that if for some reason you were to do less of that you will be a sinful man, doing a crime against this car by not doing it justice and stuff, but it's not. It's just you, trying to make yourself feel better, by owning/refining something you are passionate about, all in the journey for the pursuit of happiness. Embrace it. It's human nature We are satisfaction driven. just ask Sigmund Freud.
cheers

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10

Last edited by HassanEido; Fri, Sep-14-2018 at 10:04:27 PM.
Jump to top HassanEido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 09:12:12 PM   #66
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
Let me try this again.
I can sort of see where you're coming from, but perhaps you need a paradigm shift. As every wise man on the internet said, it's the journey not the destination brother.
In life we find things that we are passionate about, and occupy ourselves with them to live better lives. What would life be without the pursuit of happiness? Cherish the moments you spend pursuing the end result, never really reaching it. This is why I personally customize and DIY many of my modifications on this car. This why any modification has been done to this car in the first place. let's dissect what happens whenever a guy like us wants to modify(improve) upon this car:
1- Your boredom creates the need in you to occupy yourself with something that would bring satisfaction and alleviate the monotony of life
2- You set yourself a goal, improving X or Y on something you are passionate about, which happens to be this car in this instance
3- You go about doing it in whichever way you like tp get your "fix"(not talking about cocaine this time). So you either go for a quick fix, brute force, pay for it, get it installed, enjoy it, try to prolong this sensation by sharing it with as many friends as possible, take pictures, sound clips, post here. Or DIY it, have a richer experience, and the pride that goes with getting it done yourself etc..
4- Boredom sets in again, and you look for more of the same stimulus that felt so good the last time you got ur fix( again not the drug :P )
So, this car really serves a purpose, I would argue, it's one of the things that make life a richer more balanced experience.
You are stuck thinking it's ur perfectionism driving you to not enjoy yourself more, and thinking that if for some reason you were to do less of that you will be a sinful man, doing a crime against this car by not it justice and stuff, but it's not. It's just you, trying to make yourself feel better, by owning/refining something you are passionate about, all in the journey for the pursuit of happiness. Embrace it. It's human nature We are satisfaction driven. just ask Sigmund Freud.
cheers
^This!

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-14-2018, 09:31:02 PM   #67
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Or as I've always seen it, always have something to look forward to.

·Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm · SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC · OE sect 2 60mm · SS Sport 60mm
·Besian · RE pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs · TMS Camber & Subframe plates · SPC Adj alloy rear camber arms
·RE Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a · SDW RTAB · Weighted ///M knob + UUC DSSR + delrin carrier bush · OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs
·Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · Brembo 996 36/40 345mm CSL Textar FF & 28/30 328mm CSL ATE "D738" FF · CM brackets & ss/teflon lines
·Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · DVC 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-15-2018, 01:14:20 AM   #68
see.m3.go

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearl555 View Post
Though this is about the e30.... anyone love e28s?
I love my e28, but I am selling it to get back into another e30. I miss the handling but they both look awesome.

2003 TiAg/Imola SMG to 6MT: AST 4100, Vorshlag Camber Plates, Status Gruppe Headers, Status Gruppe Muffler, Recaro SPG, VAC Floor Mounts, TiAg Kirk Roll bar, G-force 6pt Harnesses, Evolve Tune, TMS Power Pullies, AKG DTM Shifter, Macht Schnell Stage 1 Intake, Hardwired V1, MH Stud Conversion, APEX ARC-8, AKG 75D Subframe Bushings, 95A Diff Bushings, BMW Motorsport 4.10 diff

My Journal
Jump to top see.m3.go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-15-2018, 01:52:04 AM   #69
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearl555 View Post
Though this is about the e30.... anyone love e28s?
The inability to get heat through the center vents on the E28 was enough to ruin that for me. Undrivable in winter, even as someone who generally likes to keep it pretty cold in the car.
Old Sat, Sep-15-2018, 02:20:43 AM   #70
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
The inability to get heat through the center vents on the E28 was enough to ruin that for me. Undrivable in winter, even as someone who generally likes to keep it pretty cold in the car.
You could alway move to California