BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Faults, Fixes and DIY
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Faults, Fixes and DIY Please share your experience and knowledge with other members by contributing your own DIY, or by helping another member find the elusive fix!

Old Wed, Oct-01-2008, 04:49:31 PM   #21
Cicada
owut

Philippines

thanks! This should prove helpful in the future when it comes time for me.
Jump to top Cicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Oct-06-2008, 03:30:37 AM   #22
///M3_N_DaWerks

Viet Nam

Nice...

Thanks for the DIY.

Just a quick question, my SMG is working but for some reason it is leaking the SMG Fluid. I have been filling it up with CHF11S everyweek. Would you say this is the pump failing or can it be a different thing?

[/IMG]Car: Alpine White E46 M3 | Sunroof | Xenon | NAV | SMG |
Mods: CSL Bumper, CSL Trunk, CSL Diffuser, CSL Interior, Defi Gauges, BBS LM's, Toyo T1R 235/275, White Volk Racing TE37, Red BBS Center Caps and Lugnuts, TCKline Stud Kit, Praxis Air Ride Suspension, Brembo GT Brakes Front and Rear, Goodridge Brake lines, HPF Turbo Stage 2 with Meth, Dixis Exhaust, Dixis Pedals, Dixis Strut Bar, Phatbox, CF Fender Grills.
Jump to top ///M3_N_DaWerks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-06-2008, 04:00:08 AM   #23
mr.andersen

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_N_DaWerks View Post
Nice...

Thanks for the DIY.

Just a quick question, my SMG is working but for some reason it is leaking the SMG Fluid. I have been filling it up with CHF11S everyweek. Would you say this is the pump failing or can it be a different thing?
hm..... in my "uneducated opinion" if the pump iteslf was leaking, i can't imagine you would actually be able to shift. the pump is under extreme pressure, so if there was a leak, it would not be able to hold the pressure enough to actually perform shifts. it may just be a faulty supply hose. unfortunately, the only way to really know is to get to it, and possibly take it out.
Good luck.
Jump to top mr.andersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-06-2008, 04:05:26 AM   #24
VitaminT

United States

Depends on which line is leaking I guess. Like the gear selector lines I can't see a tad lower pressure making a big deal especially at like S3.

Have any idea which line is leaking...or even maybe the hose between the pump and intake manifold.
Jump to top VitaminT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-06-2008, 05:18:06 AM   #25
///M3_N_DaWerks

Viet Nam

I can drive the car with no problems at all. When we took off the manifold there was some CHF11s fluid on the pump itself. I am not sure which lines to check.

If I am driving my car, there is no leaking for that day. After it sits for a day it will start leaking slowly but I don't know where its coming from. I sure do know it is CHF11s because it is a green like fluid which smells the same as CHF11s.

Mods: CSL Bumper, CSL Trunk, CSL Diffuser, CSL Interior, Defi Gauges, BBS LM's, Toyo T1R 235/275, White Volk Racing TE37, Red BBS Center Caps and Lugnuts, TCKline Stud Kit, Praxis Air Ride Suspension, Brembo GT Brakes Front and Rear, Goodridge Brake lines, HPF Turbo Stage 2 with Meth, Dixis Exhaust, Dixis Pedals, Dixis Strut Bar, Phatbox, CF Fender Grills.
Old Mon, Oct-06-2008, 05:19:26 AM   #26
///M3_N_DaWerks

Viet Nam

BTW... I really appreciate your inputs.

Old Tue, Oct-07-2008, 12:39:16 AM   #27
VitaminT

United States

Any oil droppings in your garage? Just wondered if maybe it is coming from one of the actuators or a leaking slave cylinder.
Old Tue, Oct-07-2008, 01:58:24 AM   #28
M3FORM33

United States

I have a pump if anyone needs to get this done. Plus i have the AE software so i could install also. My for sale ad is in the parts for sale.
Jump to top M3FORM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-07-2008, 03:21:35 AM   #29
///M3_N_DaWerks

Viet Nam

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminT View Post
Any oil droppings in your garage? Just wondered if maybe it is coming from one of the actuators or a leaking slave cylinder.
There is actually the CHF11s oil droppings on my garage floor. Would that be an easy fix?

Old Tue, Oct-07-2008, 04:52:03 AM   #30
VitaminT

United States

I guess my reason for asking was the general location relation to the car....i.e. near the firewall or further back near where the shifter would be. After thinking about it more, with all the covers on the bottom side of the car this may not be a great way to tell anyway. Bottom line is to get it on a lift or stands and pull the under cover off the tranny to identify where it is coming from.

I can't image it coming from the pump unless it is leaking around the reservior hose. I am betting on the clutch slave cylinder but it is just a guess.