BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Tue, Oct-17-2017, 09:18:11 PM   #51
binary

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3elmo View Post
Another thing for dan is that even after you've had your car worked on. he still provides advice and consulting services for help on things like this. Also a good track coach as well if you happen to be there with him that day.

Dan will you ever provide SMG to 6 Speed Conversions?
A few weekends ago Dan bulletproofed my VANOS, valve adjustment and cooling system. He found some additional minor problems.
-cracked AC belt, he installed a new one from his own collection of parts!
-found a ground not installed under the beauty cover
-gave me an old upper rad hose from a previous job (I was told by the PO this was replaced, it turned out to be a non-OEM part and the seal failed when Dan when to re-install)
-Temp sensor fell apart when Dan removed it, again the PO told me this was replaced, they appear to have used a non-OEM part that disintegrated when Dan was removing it.
-PO also had some cheesy angel eyes installed, while everything was exposed, he removed them for me.
-helped attempt to diagnose a brake shudder on right front corner.

Dan went above and beyond and my car feels like a new motor after he re-did the timing, valve adjustment, replaced a broken chain guide and completed the VANOS work. I've only had the car for 4 months or so, this is what I imagine the engine felt like from the factory. The difference in engine response is insane. I had no idea I would 'feel' a difference from the VANOS overhaul, let alone this dramatic of one.

His knowledge, attention to detail and help with questions after the work is invaluable. I'll take my car to him for everything he can possibly do in the future.

Thank you so much Dan, lets go ride bikes sometime!

Brandon

Last edited by binary; Tue, Oct-17-2017 at 09:21:59 PM.
Jump to top binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Nov-05-2017, 05:50:51 AM   #52
E46DET

United States

Just got my car back from getting my rod bearings/section 3 done by Dan and I couldn't be happier.

-ordered all the parts I needed and more after he inspected the car
-sent pictures and updates with everything he did/saw that needed attention
-gave me a list of things that he saw that needed to be changed
-cleaned around the area where he was working and more!

Basically Dan attended to everything he could in the little time he had with my car. I'll be bringing my car back to him for my vanos over haul and putting on the rest of my exhaust when I get it in. Thanks again Dan!
Jump to top E46DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-07-2017, 08:24:27 PM   #53
theM3Fanatic

United States

Just messaged Dan about a VANOS overhaul. Excited to see a community member helping everybody out.
Jump to top theM3Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-07-2017, 09:21:32 PM   #54
nholmes
Track Junky

In the garage:

United States

Does he offer coaching?

Jump to top nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-18-2017, 06:35:16 AM   #55
Bay Area M

An unbelievable attention to detail and the drive for perfection best describes Dan’s work. Dan recently completed the following services for my car:

Vanos overhaul
Valve adjustment
Brake installation (rotors and pads) for all four corners
Brake flush
Transmission fluid and diff fluid change
Coolant flush
Power pulley install
OEM FCAB install
Install new exhaust hangers
Install new high pressure power steering line
Install new fan clutch
Replaced cabin air filter

He ordered nearly all of the parts needed for the work and he was happy to install the brakes that I had already purchased. As he started working on my car, he found various additional issues (broken exhaust hangers, weak fan clutch, high pressure PS line going bad, and small missing parts and pieces). Dan took care of EVERYTHING! He sent pictures of nearly everything he did as he went through the work and he kept me completely informed of his progress. I can’t say enough about the quality of his work, level of communication, and the thoroughness in everything he did, from identifying and replacing missing small parts to adjusting the valves so that they would fall as close as possible to the middle of the clearance range, even if they were in spec.

My car now drives smoother and stronger than ever before. Everything runs great! I can’t thank Dan enough for the quality of the work he performed on my car (he also was happy to give me a ride to and from BART).

I recommend Dan to anyone in the Bay Area that needs Vanos work or any other help with your e46. You will be happy if you did.

Joe
Jump to top Bay Area M is offline   Reply With Quote