BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006) > Coding and Tuning
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Coding and Tuning Discuss all avenues of coding and tuning here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 02:54:49 AM   #751
terraphantm
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,822
In the garage:
Reputation: 11 terraphantm is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy1 View Post
Where can we get this?
At the moment nowhere. The developer is MIA and his server has gone down.
__________________
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 03:14:22 AM   #752
nextelbuddy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
Reputation: 0 nextelbuddy1 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
At the moment nowhere. The developer is MIA and his server has gone down.
oh ok..

well i downloaded that PDF file you posted somewhere in another thread and changed it to RAR and extracted it and it contains:

A7837331_nonCSL.0DA
7837340A_non-CSL.0PA

then used the ECUWorx converter to convert the *.0DA file to a 64KB BIN file

I loaded up that BIN file into the ECUWorx Binary modification tool and see it shows as CSL software with SMG transmission.


Is this safe to flash so an MSS54HP DME?

I Marked Disable CSL flap since I wont be using a CSL flap airbox. just a GSR airbox and Map sensor.

I enabled Cruise control since I wanted it. marked EWS delete.

changed SMG transmission to manual

but the option for Shift lights is empty and disabled. do the CSL files not support shift lights?

is it as simple as flashing this 64 KB partial with BMWFlash.exe? or now is that wishful thinking?
Jump to top nextelbuddy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 08:51:09 AM   #753
cossie1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 413
Reputation: 0 cossie1 is on a distinguished road

United Kingdom




Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy1 View Post
oh ok..

well i downloaded that PDF file you posted somewhere in another thread and changed it to RAR and extracted it and it contains:

A7837331_nonCSL.0DA
7837340A_non-CSL.0PA

then used the ECUWorx converter to convert the *.0DA file to a 64KB BIN file

I loaded up that BIN file into the ECUWorx Binary modification tool and see it shows as CSL software with SMG transmission.


Is this safe to flash so an MSS54HP DME?

I Marked Disable CSL flap since I wont be using a CSL flap airbox. just a GSR airbox and Map sensor.

I enabled Cruise control since I wanted it. marked EWS delete.

changed SMG transmission to manual

but the option for Shift lights is empty and disabled. do the CSL files not support shift lights?

is it as simple as flashing this 64 KB partial with BMWFlash.exe? or now is that wishful thinking?
CSL's (infact all SMG's) have shift lights enabled by default.

Yes it's wishful thinking, you will brick your dme if you try that.

You can however use those 2 files, and update the dme via winkfp
Jump to top cossie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 09:34:50 AM   #754
jozy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 60
Reputation: 0 jozy is on a distinguished road

Hong Kong




Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy1 View Post
oh ok..

well i downloaded that PDF file you posted somewhere in another thread and changed it to RAR and extracted it and it contains:

A7837331_nonCSL.0DA
7837340A_non-CSL.0PA

then used the ECUWorx converter to convert the *.0DA file to a 64KB BIN file

I loaded up that BIN file into the ECUWorx Binary modification tool and see it shows as CSL software with SMG transmission.


Is this safe to flash so an MSS54HP DME?

I Marked Disable CSL flap since I wont be using a CSL flap airbox. just a GSR airbox and Map sensor.

I enabled Cruise control since I wanted it. marked EWS delete.

changed SMG transmission to manual

but the option for Shift lights is empty and disabled. do the CSL files not support shift lights?

is it as simple as flashing this 64 KB partial with BMWFlash.exe? or now is that wishful thinking?
no you need to flash the program part too
Jump to top jozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-09-2017, 01:48:18 PM   #755
nextelbuddy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 23
Reputation: 0 nextelbuddy1 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
CSL's (infact all SMG's) have shift lights enabled by default.

Yes it's wishful thinking, you will brick your dme if you try that.

You can however use those 2 files, and update the dme via winkfp
ok i think im getting this but still putting it all together.

so as of right now I have made a backup of my HP DME, i made a full and partial BIN full with BMWFlash.exe.

so in theory I should be able to flash my DME Via WINKFP using thes 2 files:

A7837331_nonCSL.0DA
7837340A_non-CSL.0PA

which is hopefully the stock modified CSL software that Terra posted up as a RAR file.

and then once my DME is successfully flashed via WINKFP as it sits it would throw error codes for things like Flap missing MAP and IAT and probably EWS and also be set as SMG since its stock.


then i could pull that BIN partial file via BMWFlash.exe and use ECUWorx Binary modification tool to get a purchase new license for that BIN file to modify and make changes to it like:

remove ews, sap, rear o2 dtc
change to Manual transmission
disable CSL flap

then save that as a NEW BIN file.
the read it as a BIN file again and since the binary tool is loading it as a manual transmission car, the shift lights combo should be active and changeable. then I can save that as a new BIN file and then use BMWFlash.exe to flash that to my MSS54HP DME and hopefully it works?


I read some text in some other area about not being able to flash CSL software to a NON CSL DME because of a bootloader issuer etc...
Jump to top nextelbuddy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool in the Coding and Tuning Forum - Discuss all avenues of coding and tuning here! at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)