BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Sat, Aug-12-2017, 11:24:35 PM   #1
djdcyphr
i am, i be.

In the garage:

United States

Default Horn Relocate and/or Outside Air Sensor Delete

Guys,
I've been searching for ideas on what to do with my horn. I was going to delete it, but if I want to pass TX inspection another year or two, I need to keep it working. I'd like to get it away from the front bumper carrier and replace with aftermarket. Any pics of your replaced/relocated horns?

Secondly... The only other wires I have running to the front bumper area right now is for the Ambient(outside) air sensor? Has anyone relocated or deleted this item? Is it needed for track car other than to send temps to dash display?

Thanks!

Gone but not forgotten...
04 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT Sunroof Delete
Jump to top djdcyphr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Aug-12-2017, 11:33:54 PM   #2
wrcdave
Mr. Chicken rules!

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Horn Relocate and/or Outside Air Sensor Delete

If you unplug the outside temp sensor it will through a code. I dont remember the code but you could just zip tie it somewhere behind the bumper.
Old Sun, Aug-13-2017, 12:15:25 AM   #3
bigjae1976

In the garage:

United States

I need install a horn. I just bought a cheap eBay one and will just put it in the engine bay somewhere. I'll wire it to a red button on my steering wheel.

I deleted the ambient air temp sensor and coded out the fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-13-2017, 01:31:17 AM   #4
ThunderMoose

In the garage:

United States

I put the ambient sensor in my intake manifold to pseudo log my IAT in my AIM SOLO DL.

#67 2017 NASA TX TT3 Champion

FLMS Half Cage, RaceTech 4009HR drivers seat, Schroth 6-Pt Harness, E.S.S. Fire System, AIM SOLO DL with ECU Harness, SmartyCam, Angle Aluminum with VAC dead pedal, Sparco Steering Wheel on MOMO hub, MCS Suspension, Hyperco 800F 900R springs, Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway bars, Vorshlag Camber Plates, Turner ARCA, AJ Hartman Front Splitter, BW V2 Wing, BW CF Rear Diffuser, APEX ARC-8 wheels, Brembo BBK Front, Carbon Fiber Roof, CF Headlight Blanks, Door Windows and Cards Delete, TMS rear and front subframe reinforcement, Zionsville Competition Cooler, BW Oil Cooler, Oil Diverter Valve, Motorsports Thermostat, Evolve CF Intake, Epic Stepped Headers, Turner Pulleys, BW 3.5" Race Exhaust, EPIC Alpha N Tune, Beisan Oil Disk and Vanos Seals, ZF 5MT, CAE Ultra Shifter

My track journal: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=509148
Jump to top ThunderMoose is online now   Reply With Quote