BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 05:43:53 AM   #801
PerkM3

United States

Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Dang man sorry to hear that you found a wall. I'll certainly miss you in that e46 but keep your head up and enjoy that new toy.
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 02:43:28 PM   #802
lcrain

United States

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are safe, cars can be replaced.

In May I saw two cars end up in the wall in turn 18 in a matter of three days. Sobering to observe. I remember seeing your car when we were both early in the game, ~2013 I believe at the Texas Trifecta. I can't remember if I introduced myself or not, but I was driving a black 1m at the time. I have a few events planned at COTA this fall/winter (November with BMW cca, December 1 with WRL, maybe edgeaddicts in October and there is talk of a PCA event sometime this fall), hopefully I see your new cayman out there. I remember seeing it for sale and thought it was just about perfect.
Jump to top lcrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 04:01:42 PM   #803
OneFastSicilian
Frankie

In the garage:

Italy

damn so sorry for your loss! as others mentioned, the cars are always replaceable so we're all thankful no one got hurt.

I'm sure the cayman will be a blast and we look forward to seeing the progress of it!

Best of luck to you in the future and drive that Cayman in good health!
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!

*Instagram*
@E46_M3_Owners_Of_The_World
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 04:04:18 PM   #804
FK

United States

Damn man.

I'm so sorry to see. As you know I'm rebuilding my car due to a hydroplaning accident. I honestly wish I wasn't. It's so expensive and time consuming, I could have picked up an E90 M3 or a 996 of some sort instead.

Ultimately I'm happy that you moved to a P car, as many prior E46 M3 owners do.

So are you just tearing down the old girl and stocking up on parts? Finding another one? Some guy was selling an already caged shell btw...
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 07:13:07 PM   #805
///M_Achilles
"Visor down for business"

In the garage:

Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Dang man sorry to hear that you found a wall. I'll certainly miss you in that e46 but keep your head up and enjoy that new toy.
It's one discovery I hope not to find again! lol. I am thankful that I walked away to driver another day at COTA and again, I'm going to miss ripping it in the M3. It's been the best first sports car ever and I owe my driving skill to the how neutral and fun it was to track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are safe, cars can be replaced.

In May I saw two cars end up in the wall in turn 18 in a matter of three days. Sobering to observe. I remember seeing your car when we were both early in the game, ~2013 I believe at the Texas Trifecta. I can't remember if I introduced myself or not, but I was driving a black 1m at the time. I have a few events planned at COTA this fall/winter (November with BMW cca, December 1 with WRL, maybe edgeaddicts in October and there is talk of a PCA event sometime this fall), hopefully I see your new cayman out there. I remember seeing it for sale and thought it was just about perfect.
that long right hand sweeper can definitely get the best of you, especially if you're greedy AND at a higher speed than T19. We've come a long way in three years, yea? I do remember your 1M and I look forward to seeing you out there. I didn't exactly have any plans to track for the rest of the year, but a PCA event in the fall sounds like a great inaugural event. I'll PM you if I decided to make it out there.

The R is almost ready; I'm going to look into a Guards LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastSicilian View Post
damn so sorry for your loss! as others mentioned, the cars are always replaceable so we're all thankful no one got hurt.

I'm sure the cayman will be a blast and we look forward to seeing the progress of it!

Best of luck to you in the future and drive that Cayman in good health!
Thanks bro! I appreciate the kind words! definitely looking forward to enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
Damn man.

I'm so sorry to see. As you know I'm rebuilding my car due to a hydroplaning accident. I honestly wish I wasn't. It's so expensive and time consuming, I could have picked up an E90 M3 or a 996 of some sort instead.

Ultimately I'm happy that you moved to a P car, as many prior E46 M3 owners do.

So are you just tearing down the old girl and stocking up on parts? Finding another one? Some guy was selling an already caged shell btw...
Ah man, I knew about your accident and sorry you're going through it. I know the fruits of your labor and money spent will be well worth it. At times, I do think about bringing my M3 back, and how awesome it would be knowing what's it has been through, so I have a lot of respect for your endeavors. I feel like I'm giving up when it gets a little hard and I'm never like that in anything that I do. My rationale got the best of me, bc I thought financially this made more sense to me. I don't think my car will ever be the same as before.

My plans for the M3 are to get it rolling again and then sell the car to another enthusiast.

Jump to top ///M_Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 11:21:47 PM   #806
JasonR72984

In the garage:

United States

Epic build. Very sorry for the damage but you walked away which is all any of us can ask for.
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 11:50:13 PM   #807
slicer

United States

Oh man. Sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed reading your build journal and I'm a big fan of your M3 build. I used to have a 987.2 Cayman S and can see why you went that direction. It's a great car.
Jet Black '04 M3 - Sold
Alpine White '13 E92 M3 - Ohlins TTX, Fall-Line Suspension Arms/Bushings, AP Racing BBK, GTS Aero and Cage, Cobra Seats, Akrapovic GT4, BBS E88
Jump to top slicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-09-2016, 08:56:23 AM   #808
usdmej

United States

condolences about your off, the porsche carbon buckets are reason enough to buy their cars though!
Old Wed, Aug-10-2016, 05:28:22 AM   #809
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Nooooooooo! Glad you are well and in good spirits, I'm sure the new toy helps.
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-10-2016, 04:52:21 PM   #810
///M_Achilles
"Visor down for business"

In the garage:

Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR72984 View Post
Epic build. Very sorry for the damage but you walked away which is all any of us can ask for.

Yes absolutely, very glad I walked away with no injuries. Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Oh man. Sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed reading your build journal and I'm a big fan of your M3 build. I used to have a 987.2 Cayman S and can see why you went that direction. It's a great car.

Oh sweet! I would love to hear your thoughts how the 987.2 S compares. I've yet to find out for myself as the car is currently being worked on at Performance Eurowerks. I appreciate you following my journal; it has been an epic journey for sure, but time to move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmej View Post
condolences about your off, the porsche carbon buckets are reason enough to buy their cars though!

I'm hoping for those reasons these cars will do well holding value in the future. I know comparatively they're doing better to the BMW 1M a direct competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
Nooooooooo! Glad you are well and in good spirits, I'm sure the new toy helps.

Thanks Frank! All good things come to an end (sometimes not by choice lol).

Sent from my squat rack

Jump to top ///M_Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote