BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 05:43:53 AM   #801
PerkM3
Registered User
 
PerkM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,008
Reputation: 0 PerkM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Dang man sorry to hear that you found a wall. I'll certainly miss you in that e46 but keep your head up and enjoy that new toy.
__________________
Jump to top PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 02:43:28 PM   #802
lcrain
Registered User
 
lcrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,184
Reputation: 0 lcrain is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are safe, cars can be replaced.

In May I saw two cars end up in the wall in turn 18 in a matter of three days. Sobering to observe. I remember seeing your car when we were both early in the game, ~2013 I believe at the Texas Trifecta. I can't remember if I introduced myself or not, but I was driving a black 1m at the time. I have a few events planned at COTA this fall/winter (November with BMW cca, December 1 with WRL, maybe edgeaddicts in October and there is talk of a PCA event sometime this fall), hopefully I see your new cayman out there. I remember seeing it for sale and thought it was just about perfect.
Jump to top lcrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 04:01:42 PM   #803
OneFastSicilian
Frankie
 
OneFastSicilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,459
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 OneFastSicilian is on a distinguished road
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY

Italy




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

damn so sorry for your loss! as others mentioned, the cars are always replaceable so we're all thankful no one got hurt.

I'm sure the cayman will be a blast and we look forward to seeing the progress of it!

Best of luck to you in the future and drive that Cayman in good health!
__________________
Previous:
  • 01 - AW/IR - Sold
  • 03.5 - IR/Impulse - Sold
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!


*Instagram*
@E46_M3_Owners_Of_The_World
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 04:04:18 PM   #804
FK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,441
Reputation: 0 FK is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Damn man.

I'm so sorry to see. As you know I'm rebuilding my car due to a hydroplaning accident. I honestly wish I wasn't. It's so expensive and time consuming, I could have picked up an E90 M3 or a 996 of some sort instead.

Ultimately I'm happy that you moved to a P car, as many prior E46 M3 owners do.

So are you just tearing down the old girl and stocking up on parts? Finding another one? Some guy was selling an already caged shell btw...
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 07:13:07 PM   #805
///M_Achilles
"Visor down for business"
 
///M_Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 6,805
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 ///M_Achilles is on a distinguished road
Location: Little Rock, AR

Philippines




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Dang man sorry to hear that you found a wall. I'll certainly miss you in that e46 but keep your head up and enjoy that new toy.
It's one discovery I hope not to find again! lol. I am thankful that I walked away to driver another day at COTA and again, I'm going to miss ripping it in the M3. It's been the best first sports car ever and I owe my driving skill to the how neutral and fun it was to track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are safe, cars can be replaced.

In May I saw two cars end up in the wall in turn 18 in a matter of three days. Sobering to observe. I remember seeing your car when we were both early in the game, ~2013 I believe at the Texas Trifecta. I can't remember if I introduced myself or not, but I was driving a black 1m at the time. I have a few events planned at COTA this fall/winter (November with BMW cca, December 1 with WRL, maybe edgeaddicts in October and there is talk of a PCA event sometime this fall), hopefully I see your new cayman out there. I remember seeing it for sale and thought it was just about perfect.
that long right hand sweeper can definitely get the best of you, especially if you're greedy AND at a higher speed than T19. We've come a long way in three years, yea? I do remember your 1M and I look forward to seeing you out there. I didn't exactly have any plans to track for the rest of the year, but a PCA event in the fall sounds like a great inaugural event. I'll PM you if I decided to make it out there.

The R is almost ready; I'm going to look into a Guards LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastSicilian View Post
damn so sorry for your loss! as others mentioned, the cars are always replaceable so we're all thankful no one got hurt.

I'm sure the cayman will be a blast and we look forward to seeing the progress of it!

Best of luck to you in the future and drive that Cayman in good health!
Thanks bro! I appreciate the kind words! definitely looking forward to enjoying it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
Damn man.

I'm so sorry to see. As you know I'm rebuilding my car due to a hydroplaning accident. I honestly wish I wasn't. It's so expensive and time consuming, I could have picked up an E90 M3 or a 996 of some sort instead.

Ultimately I'm happy that you moved to a P car, as many prior E46 M3 owners do.

So are you just tearing down the old girl and stocking up on parts? Finding another one? Some guy was selling an already caged shell btw...
Ah man, I knew about your accident and sorry you're going through it. I know the fruits of your labor and money spent will be well worth it. At times, I do think about bringing my M3 back, and how awesome it would be knowing what's it has been through, so I have a lot of respect for your endeavors. I feel like I'm giving up when it gets a little hard and I'm never like that in anything that I do. My rationale got the best of me, bc I thought financially this made more sense to me. I don't think my car will ever be the same as before.

My plans for the M3 are to get it rolling again and then sell the car to another enthusiast.
__________________
2005 Carbon Black Metallic ///M3
My Journal

Jump to top ///M_Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 11:21:47 PM   #806
JasonR72984
Registered User
 
JasonR72984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 649
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 JasonR72984 is on a distinguished road
Location: Springfield

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Epic build. Very sorry for the damage but you walked away which is all any of us can ask for.
__________________
Jump to top JasonR72984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-08-2016, 11:50:13 PM   #807
slicer
Registered User
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 608
Reputation: 0 slicer is on a distinguished road
Location: Santa Barbara

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Oh man. Sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed reading your build journal and I'm a big fan of your M3 build. I used to have a 987.2 Cayman S and can see why you went that direction. It's a great car.
__________________
Dakar Yellow '95 M3 - Sold
Alpine White '08 E90 M3 - Sold
Silverstone II '13 E92 M3 - Sold
Jet Black '04 M3 - Sold
Alpine White '13 E92 M3 - Ohlins TTX, Fall-Line Suspension Arms/Bushings, AP Racing BBK, GTS Aero and Cage, Cobra Seats, Akrapovic GT4, BBS E88
Jump to top slicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-09-2016, 08:56:23 AM   #808
usdmej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,481
Reputation: 0 usdmej is on a distinguished road
Location: bay area

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

condolences about your off, the porsche carbon buckets are reason enough to buy their cars though!
__________________
Jump to top usdmej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-10-2016, 05:28:22 AM   #809
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor
 
TTFS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 821
Reputation: 0 TTFS is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Nooooooooo! Glad you are well and in good spirits, I'm sure the new toy helps.
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-10-2016, 04:52:21 PM   #810
///M_Achilles
"Visor down for business"
 
///M_Achilles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 30
Posts: 6,805
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 ///M_Achilles is on a distinguished road
Location: Little Rock, AR

Philippines




Default Re: ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonR72984 View Post
Epic build. Very sorry for the damage but you walked away which is all any of us can ask for.

Yes absolutely, very glad I walked away with no injuries. Thanks for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Oh man. Sorry to hear this. I have enjoyed reading your build journal and I'm a big fan of your M3 build. I used to have a 987.2 Cayman S and can see why you went that direction. It's a great car.

Oh sweet! I would love to hear your thoughts how the 987.2 S compares. I've yet to find out for myself as the car is currently being worked on at Performance Eurowerks. I appreciate you following my journal; it has been an epic journey for sure, but time to move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmej View Post
condolences about your off, the porsche carbon buckets are reason enough to buy their cars though!

I'm hoping for those reasons these cars will do well holding value in the future. I know comparatively they're doing better to the BMW 1M a direct competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTFS View Post
Nooooooooo! Glad you are well and in good spirits, I'm sure the new toy helps.

Thanks Frank! All good things come to an end (sometimes not by choice lol).



Sent from my squat rack
__________________
2005 Carbon Black Metallic ///M3
My Journal

Jump to top ///M_Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
///m_achilles, journal

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing ///M_Achilles: 2005 Carbon Black Metallic M3 in the Member Journals Forum - Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)