BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Thu, Sep-12-2019, 11:52:29 AM   #1
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Default 5 year anniversary photoshoot

Five years ago today I purchased this car after nearly two years of searching for a clean PY and traveling all over the country for one. I got lucky and this thing popped up close to my house and it was a lot more than what I bargained for so I snagged it right away. It all feels like it was yesterday...... After a lot of preventative maintenance and modding, the car is pretty much where I want it to be, with the exception of a couple things I still want to do that I'll discuss below.

This was my first attempt at a photoshoot with a DSLR and I realized I suck at photography. The better looking photos were taken by my gf and her iPhone XS which surprisingly came out better than the Canon DSLR

Its a 05 6MT with sunroof/nav/electric heated seats

Exterior:
Vorsteiner CF GTR hood (will be swapped back to OE in the near future)
CF front lip 1x1 weave
OEM CSL trunk
Tekarbon rear diffuser with 1x1 weave
Smoked parking lamps, side markers and fender lights, new OEM headlight lens

Performance:
OE tuning tune
Gruppe M style CF intake with AFE filter, 1x1 weave
SGT Headers and resonated uncatted sec 1, SS resonated section 2, Rogue El Diablo section 3
UUC EVO 3 STS with ZHP knob

Wheels/tires/suspension:
StopTech BBK in silver finish, 6 pot 380mm front, 4 pot 355 mm rear. Drilled rotors
Style 359 wheels with Conti DW in 245/275
Macht Shnell spacers, 5mm front, 10 mm rear. ECS wheel locks
Eibach pro coilovers with OEM front mounts and Rogue engineering reinforced rear shock mounts
Mason engineering FSTB with rear X brace (welded onto rear shock towers)

Maintenance/Reinforcements:
Complete Beisan systems vanos overhaul including pump disc and ARP cam bolts.
WPC treated rod bearings done way too early just to be safe.
All gaskets/seals/bolts were replaced with new OE stuff during vanos/rob bearing job
Brand new RACP swapped in with tons of extra sport welds beyond what the factory does. Further reinforcements were done with Reddish plates, Mason X brace welded onto shock towers and Vince front gussets
OE motor mounts, Rogue trans mount, rogue front control arm bushing, , OE RTAB with spacers, AKG 95a rear diff mount, new OEM diff cover with OEM bushing and new OEM seal. Upgraded diff bolts. New guibo and center support bearing
New plugs and coils as well as all new OEM gaskets (valve cover spark plug etc)
All Fluids/Lubricants flushed with OE diff/Trans/brake fluid, OE coolant, Castrol PS fluid, LM engine oil

Coming soon:

The hood came with the car and grew on my slowly, but I'm planning to go back to OE hood for a cleaner more subtle look. The front end is just a tad too aggressive for my taste.

Jump to top Maxima SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Sep-12-2019, 02:32:33 PM   #2
WOLFN8TR
/// MONEY \\\

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: 5 year anniversary photoshoot

Car looks amazing! I actually like the hood.

BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-12-2019, 02:40:11 PM   #3
Steve M3

United States

Car looks great, it's amazing how different of a personality these cars have with a bright color instead of silver, grey or black.

Speaking of photography, one of the best things I've ever learned when it comes to photography is to make sure no poles or trees are growing out of whatever you're taking a photo of. If you stick to that, you won't have an issue grabbing pleasing pictures, especially since your subject matter is nice.
Jump to top Steve M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-12-2019, 04:39:40 PM   #4
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Amazing! I absolutely love well maintained PY in the sun! I remember the whole RACP disaster and how you didn't let it stop you. The seats will be the cherry on top! Or maybe a CF roof would be

Oh, and I agree about the front end. It looks good and that look has been good for a while, but I think as these cars age and become more classic, and a modern cars get more ridiculous looking, the more OE look will become more and more classy. Maybe some paint matched bumper reflector covers if you go back to OE hood?

Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CF CSL Airbox Eventuri Scoop Supersprint V1 stepped 2.5" SS V1 2.5" sect 1 SS unres 2.5" sect 2 SCZA 2.5" sect 3 Besian RE pulleys/fan delete CSL battery

Bilstein HD B6 + GroundControl/Eibach 325/550lb + GC "tall" RSMs Hotchkis front sway F & R strut bars TMS camber & subframe plates Eibach alu rear camber arms RE trans mounts AKG poly subf/diff 95a SDW RTAB OE weighted ///M knob + ZHP alcantara boot + UUC DSSR

OE CSL trunk Cobra Nogaros + BK + manual OE bases TMS black pedals Sportline 8S 18"x 8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 APEX 75mm Studs Brembo 996 4 pot 36/40 345mm CSL & 28/30 328mm CSL ZHP "712" rack
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Sep-13-2019, 08:43:53 PM   #5
antknee

Philippines

Beautifully done!

Current:
'05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
'90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)

Past:
'88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
'01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
'90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
'89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*
Jump to top antknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-14-2019, 03:42:17 AM   #6
Paulo M

United States

Nicely done op. PY calipers would really, really look good btw
Old Sat, Sep-14-2019, 12:41:05 PM   #7
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Car looks amazing! I actually like the hood.
It grew on me over the years. It actually looks better in person and flows very well with the car but the front end is just a little "too busy" for my taste with the hood pins and all that. I love the OEM+ look of the E46M without being overly aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M3 View Post
Car looks great, it's amazing how different of a personality these cars have with a bright color instead of silver, grey or black.

Speaking of photography, one of the best things I've ever learned when it comes to photography is to make sure no poles or trees are growing out of whatever you're taking a photo of. If you stick to that, you won't have an issue grabbing pleasing pictures, especially since your subject matter is nice.
Yes, PY is not for everyone but the E46M came in a variety of excellent colors and I don't think any of them look ugly, each one is unique in its own way. the more subtle colors on the outside get to have fancy interiors though.

I will try your advice next time when doing a shoot. this one was done in a rush as I only had a couple hours of sun to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
Amazing! I absolutely love well maintained PY in the sun! I remember the whole RACP disaster and how you didn't let it stop you. The seats will be the cherry on top! Or maybe a CF roof would be

Oh, and I agree about the front end. It looks good and that look has been good for a while, but I think as these cars age and become more classic, and a modern cars get more ridiculous looking, the more OE look will become more and more classy. Maybe some paint matched bumper reflector covers if you go back to OE hood?
haha thanks, PY in the sun is why I fell in love with this color. RACP is a thing of the past for me, im so glad im done with that !

the OEM+ look is where its at for me. CF roof is out of the question unfortunately. It is a lot of work and I have already spent way too much money into this car. I promised myself I wouldn't spend money on the seats and save it up for an E92M as well....but like you said, they're the finishing touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antknee View Post
Beautifully done!
thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Nicely done op. PY calipers would really, really look good btw
They probably would look great but I'm not a huge fan of body color calipers. I was dead set on blue stoptech calipers as blue and yellow compliment each other very well but I chickened out last minute and went with silver. PY is already very very loud and I just didn't want huge blue calipers screaming at you as well. Silver calipers and black rims compliment each other well and neither color dilutes the color of the car.

Last edited by Maxima SE; Sat, Sep-14-2019 at 12:45:12 PM.
Old Sat, Sep-14-2019, 08:38:16 PM   #8
///M3_Michael

United States

Looking good! PY is amazing in that lighting and even better, at least to me, right at dusk with the light still on it. All other times not so much, lol.

Question, how did you get the rear to sit like that on Eibachs? I have them paired with Koni Yellows with stock mounting and it's higher for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
2003 ///M3 6MT Slicktop | Phoenix Yellow | Black Nappa | Koni Yellow / Eibach Pro kit | GC Street Plates | 18" Apex ARC-8 | Fabspeed Headers | Fabspeed catted Section 1 | SGT Resonated Section 2 | RE El Diablo | buildjournal B-spec V2.1 tune | Infinity | JL Audio
Jump to top ///M3_Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Sep-15-2019, 12:28:03 AM   #9
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3_Michael View Post
Looking good! PY is amazing in that lighting and even better, at least to me, right at dusk with the light still on it. All other times not so much, lol.

Question, how did you get the rear to sit like that on Eibachs? I have them paired with Koni Yellows with stock mounting and it's higher for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's on Eibach coilovers, not lowering springs.

Old Sun, Sep-22-2019, 06:21:01 PM   #10
freshprince2421

Car looks awesome. Hood is a bit much for my taste but everything is really well done.... can't wait to see the Recaros mounted

Nice to see a really clean phoenix yellow! Seems like we are a dying breed!
Jump to top freshprince2421 is offline   Reply With Quote