BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Tue, Jul-09-2019, 07:36:54 PM   #71
dothraki

United States

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

I'm adding sprinkles to an already sprinkled cake.

I'm a returning customer. Dan recently helped me sort out my aging diff, installed new steering rack, new blower fan, new starter, new alternator, new rear control arms, and a bunch of other random stuff that was on my never ending bucket list.

Seriously folks, Dan is the guy you want to bring your car to for your E46M needs and he is very responsive.
Jump to top dothraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jul-11-2019, 09:44:19 PM   #72
Ramo

In the garage:

United States

I recently moved up to the Bay Area and was looking for a new shop but Dan reached out to me and told me about his services.

I took my m3 in for a full Vanos lockdown. As soon as I arrived he had me pop the trunk and instantly noticed little things here and there that he pointed out to me that I would have never noticed.

Through out the process, he would text me updates and pictures along with phone calls to walk me by his progress and other things he noticed.

He doesn't just work on the job that you asked him to do, but he also does an inspection to your vehicle which I definitely needed!

During the inspection, he pointed out a few things that needed replacement and asked me if I would like to go through with the upgrades since he had spare parts available.

Any little bolts or rivets that were missing he noticed right away and let me know. You could really tell he knows these cars like the back of his hand.

He test drives the car, scans the car for codes and all that good stuff. He even wipes down your engine bay to make it look good which was the cherry on top.

When it was time to pick up my car, he went through all the pictures with me that he took along the way and explained each one and even went on a test drive with me.

After all was said and done, he still let me know to update him on things that he noticed during his inspection like a rear whining noise from the rear.

He treats your car like its one of his own, which is why I will definitely be bringing my car to him in the future!

'05 M3 6MT - Jet Black/Black
Instagram: s54.m3
Jump to top Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-11-2019, 03:14:47 AM   #73
djjvr
OEM+

In the garage:

Denmark

I've praised Dan before, and I'm here to praise him again. He is without a doubt the best person to work on your E46 M3, period. Previously I had him replace the rod bearings of my car, and I had taken it back to have the VANOS taken care of.

Long story short, what was supposed to be a simple install of the Beisan suite and a valve adjustment turned out to require a little more. Sadly, my hub had broken off a tab and I had a couple other small leaks. Before he started working on any of it he was sure to provide clear photos and an explanation of what was wrong, the severity of the issue, and what repairing would look like. His work was quick and precise and updates were provided through the entire process.

Fast forward to picking up the car and it's driving better than ever. Thanks Dan for making M3 repairs so easy.

For Sale
Jump to top djjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-17-2019, 05:27:31 PM   #74
retsimknip

United States

This feedback is long overdue. I purchased a 2004 E46 M3 as a dedicated track car
in February of 2018. I contacted Dan because I wanted to bulletproof/lockdown my VANOS system with a full Beisan Systems VANOS overhaul. After a long conversation (I ask a lot of questions) Dan explained he would order all of the parts and then we would set up an appointment. Before the work was started I asked Dan to send me a detailed work order which he provided to me with all of the parts and prices and the cost of labor for each item. Needless to say all of the Parts pricing and labor was extremely fair. When I dropped the car off I asked Dan if he could do a thorough inspection of my car, and if he found any additional issues/problems other than the VANOS system that needed to be addressed, to please advise me. Dan thoroughly went through my car and found quite a few issues that needed attention. (Spark Plugs, Ignition Coils, Exhaust Manifold Nuts, Exhaust Pipe Hangers, VANOS Solenoid Socket Housing, etc .) I can turn wrenches with the best of them, but being that this new E46 M3 is a completely new animal to me, I have to admit I would not have found all of those tiny, minute, yet very important issues. I purchased a fuel pump and fuel regulator and kindly asked "Can you install customer supplied parts?" Dan graciously obliged. Having the option to supply your own parts to a shop is almost non-existent today in my experience, so Thank You Dan! The level of detail that Dan goes to is exemplary. While Dan was doing the work he was in constant contact with me and even went as far as taking detailed photos of everything and sending me before and after pictures. I'm very meticulous with all of my cars and absolutely hate going to shops because they come nowhere near to the level of detail that I put into my cars when I do the work myself. Dan is definitely at or above that level. He goes the extra mile to ensure that everything is done properly. There were even a couple of miscellaneous items that Dan swapped off of his track car that he wasn't using and put them on my car for no additional fee. Although I didn't need it Dan also offered to pick me up and drop me off at the BART station. I asked a lot of questions and throughout the entire process Dan was very patient and addressed all of my concerns and would recapitulate with grace and patience. Don't hesitate, reach out to Dan Avon for your M3 needs!

Last edited by retsimknip; Sun, Aug-18-2019 at 02:37:18 AM. Reason: added info
Jump to top retsimknip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-21-2019, 10:09:24 PM   #75
jwhy

Thumbs up Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

This is my appreciation post/review of the rod bearing job Dan completed for me last week. From the initial point of communication to the end, Dan has been extremely professional and patient in scheduling and explaining his work and recommendations.

Dan does a thorough inspection of the underbody of the car where he found out that my fuel filter had not been replaced since it rolled off the lot, as well as identifies mismatched bolts and rivets. After he does his inspection, he will take the time to talk about his findings over the phone, totally optional though.

Huge bonus for me was that he went ahead and cleaned my entire front subframe, oil pan, as well as used his ultrasonic cleaner to clean my other small hardware (see images for some before and after goodness).

I wouldn’t hesitate to reach out to Dan again for more work as he goes above and beyond!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rodbearings.jpg (49.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg front-subframe.jpg (132.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg underbody-panels.jpg (155.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg oilpan.jpg (149.9 KB, 20 views)
Jump to top jwhy is offline   Reply With Quote