BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 12:47:46 AM   #1
Romad

United States

Default UUC T-drive rotors

Track season is upon us and I am in need of front rotors. I can get the OEM comp fronts for about $430 for the pair. But I am looking for something else.

I know a lot of people here love the PFCs but unfortunately I don't have $1200 to fork out plus I use Cobalts for the track and I think with the PFCs you are stuck using their pads due to clearance issues.

I also know a lot of members don't like UUC but their T-drive system looks very interesting and is a much better price than PFC. I think they are coming out with the T-drive rotors on 345mm. Has anyone had any experience with their T-Drive system?

Tried to search but I could only find people complaninig about their bushings and shifters.... I have had good luck with UUC in the past so I was surprised to see so many negative threads about them.

Performance: Evolve Tuning, Highline Tuning CAI, Eurosport Pulleys, Delage 4:10 gears, SGT Headers with ceramic coating, SGT catted section 1, SGT resonated X Pipe, SGT SCZA 001, Suspension and Brakes: TCK D/A S/A, TCK camber plates, Hotchkis front sway bar, rear sway bar delete, Powerflex (RTAB, FCAB, Subframe), HPF subframe reimforcement, ZCP front conversion, Axxis Ultimates for street, Cobalt track.Wheels and Tires: 19 PIAA Superozzas custom painted CB to match body, Continental Ultra Contact DWS. Track related goodies: Recaro SPG XL, Schroth Profi, custom half-cage, interior stripped, Apex ARC 8 Continental.
Jump to top Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 03:14:18 AM   #2
Romad

United States

Default Re: UUC T-drive rotors

Bump... 44 hits and no knowledge to share....

Performance: Evolve Tuning, Highline Tuning CAI, Eurosport Pulleys, Delage 4:10 gears, SGT Headers with ceramic coating, SGT catted section 1, SGT resonated X Pipe, SGT SCZA 001, Suspension and Brakes: TCK D/A S/A, TCK camber plates, Hotchkis front sway bar, rear sway bar delete, Powerflex (RTAB, FCAB, Subframe), HPF subframe reimforcement, ZCP front conversion, Axxis Ultimates for street, Cobalt track.Wheels and Tires: 19 PIAA Superozzas custom painted CB to match body, Continental Ultra Contact DWS. Track related goodies: Recaro SPG XL, Schroth Profi, custom half-cage, interior stripped, Apex ARC 8 Continental.
Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 04:29:43 AM   #3
Zoomz
Vroom.. Vroom.....

United States

I'm not a fan of UUC in general. So I don't expect these to be very good.
This could be the reason you can't find to much info on these, no one feels comfortable buying/using these in high stress braking situation.

Use your oem and swap your pads for pfc, the colblots don't hold a candle to the pfc, they preform much much better in every aspect of tracking. Cost is the only single negative.
After my third year of tracking, I have vowed to only run pfc 01.
I tried many pads and nothing measured up.

Far from stock
Jump to top Zoomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 04:41:01 AM   #4
lmtfi

United States

UUC has burned a lot of people here. Thats why there are so many negative UUC threads. So I wouldn't hold out for a lot of positive endorsements.

What is wrong with using OEM blanks? I used them on track for quite some time.
Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 05:10:44 AM   #5
Romad

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomz View Post
I'm not a fan of UUC in general. So I don't expect these to be very good.
This could be the reason you can't find to much info on these, no one feels comfortable buying/using these in high stress braking situation.

Use your oem and swap your pads for pfc, the colblots don't hold a candle to the pfc, they preform much much better in every aspect of tracking. Cost is the only single negative.
After my third year of tracking, I have vowed to only run pfc 01.
I tried many pads and nothing measured up.
I think I am just going to keep using OEM rotors. As far as Cobalt vs PFC, I have to disagree 100%. Cobalts are a much better pad than PFC and they are more expensive. If you pay attention most Grand Am teams run Cobalts. They are not well known in the forums but I bet you more racing teams run Cobalts than PFC.

Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 05:13:10 AM   #6
Romad

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtfi View Post
UUC has burned a lot of people here. Thats why there are so many negative UUC threads. So I wouldn't hold out for a lot of positive endorsements.

Nothing at all in fact they a better option for tracking than cross drilled or slotted. I just wish they would make blanks on 345mm.

Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 04:57:17 PM   #7
zerotosixty
Search Nazi

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtfi View Post

+1 no for UUC here. Personal experience.

I use OEM rotors and PFC01's and love the setup

ZeroToSixty's car journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why m3 View Post
Not everybody Is into tracking because you guys other to each of their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyM3 View Post
Again, just like several of you have proved and myself: it's going to be nothing but a $hitshow until our science is to the height to which we can prove something's there and the time it gets there.

Until then, we must prevent these mistaken pregnancies in the first place
Jump to top zerotosixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-14-2013, 06:23:53 PM   #8
Project E46M3
Go big or go home...

United States

For the price...u can just run Centric slotted or blanks..they are cheap and easily replaceable.
Old Fri, Feb-15-2013, 03:09:08 AM   #9
Romad

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project E46M3 View Post
For the price...u can just run Centric slotted or blanks..they are cheap and easily replaceable.
I agree about the blanks but I haven't found any blanks on ZCP 345mm size. If anyone knows where to find them please let me know.

Old Fri, Feb-15-2013, 04:39:46 AM   #10
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

UUC Product? Pass.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote