BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 06:29:03 AM   #131
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Sparrow View Post
Hard Alcohol > pansy beer shlt.
I'm unclear on why it has to be either/or; I love beer, but also consider myself fairly knowledgeable on bourbon and single malt scotch. I also like pizza, doesn't mean I can't enjoy Chinese food.
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 06:52:31 AM   #132
action135

United States

I went on the tour through the Budweiser factory in St. Louis last summer. Had a great time, and the mechanics of the whole place were pretty neat. Anyways, at the gift shop you can make your own six pack. There was some sort of blueberry flavored beer that we bought, and it was pretty tasty. Anyone know about it?
Jump to top action135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 11:15:38 AM   #133
Sparkplug

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan I Am View Post
Literally the only people I ever hear saying that are those who drink vodka tonics, vodka w/ Red Bull or whiskey sours......In other words the girliest drinks known to man. Unless you are drinking straight bourbon, calling a good beer "pansy sh!t" is pretty misplaced.
Same here. A good beer is much like a fine wine. You have to appreciate the expertise and knowledge that went into making it, and the complex taste the results from it. Nothing is better I think than a great microbrew.

-Sun Tzu
Jump to top Sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 04:13:53 PM   #134
Dan I Am
Steep and Deep

In the garage:

Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfifteen View Post
I'm unclear on why it has to be either/or; I love beer, but also consider myself fairly knowledgeable on bourbon and single malt scotch. I also like pizza, doesn't mean I can't enjoy Chinese food.
Well I think that someone making a broad statement like this drinks fruity, watered down hard alcohol drinks (typically made with vodka since it has very little taste when mixed) because he hasn't taken the time to enjoy alcohol for its taste, instead using it solely as a means to getting drunk. He probably also hasn't had more than macro lagers with any regularity so I don't blame him for thinking beer tastes like piss.

I also like to think I know bourbon pretty well. I have a decent collection, but I really don't drink it all that often. Beer is just easier to enjoy because I can drink more without getting smashed.

edit: Just to add, mixing expensive vodka with anything is the biggest waste of money at a bar I can think of.

Last edited by Dan I Am; Mon, Mar-23-2009 at 05:17:20 PM.
Jump to top Dan I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 06:42:50 PM   #135
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

Reputation: 153 tenfifteen is a splendid one to beholdtenfifteen is a splendid one to behold

United States

Quote:
Well I think that someone making a broad statement like this drinks fruity, watered down hard alcohol drinks (typically made with vodka since it has very little taste when mixed) because he hasn't taken the time to enjoy alcohol for its taste, instead using it solely as a means to getting drunk. He probably also hasn't had more than macro lagers with any regularity so I don't blame him for thinking beer tastes like piss.

I also like to think I know bourbon pretty well. I have a decent collection, but I really don't drink it all that often. Beer is just easier to enjoy because I can drink more without getting smashed.

edit: Just to add, mixing expensive vodka with anything is the biggest waste of money at a bar I can think of.
Couldn't agree more here. "I'm a Man™, I drink 'Hard Alcohol*'" is a common refrain.

*Grey Goose Sea Breezes.

And I've laughed at the whole "premium vodkas" thing for some time. Is Absolut markedly better than Skol? Certainly. But I'd defy most anyone to tell me the difference between Fin, Grey Goose, Belvedere and Absolut, particularly in a screwdriver.
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 09:37:05 PM   #136
darkrabbit

Canada

Quote:

100% agree.

I use Grey Goose in martini's but yes, mixed vodka drinks with expensive vodka is a massive waste. You can absolutely tell the difference in a martini or even straight though. Grey Goose is so easy to drink straight its sick. Smirnoff or Absolut straight is awful in comparison.

-J

Last edited by darkrabbit; Mon, Mar-23-2009 at 09:59:35 PM.
Jump to top darkrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 09:59:39 PM   #137
Dan I Am
Steep and Deep

In the garage:

Antarctica

Speaking of bourbon and beer....... I picked this up at Ska Brewing in Durango a little while back. It was a one time release they did to celebrate the opening of their new facility. They aged half the beer in peach brandy barrels and half the beer in 20 year bourbon barrels. I got the last bottle that was aged in the bourbon barrels and am saving it for the right time to open. Can't wait.

Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 10:00:53 PM   #138
andresvillanu20
soo s3xy!!!

United States

heineken light FTW
Jump to top andresvillanu20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 10:02:01 PM   #139
tenfifteen
Pale Geek Rigour

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresvillanu20 View Post
heineken light FTMFL
FIXSTED
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 10:09:06 PM   #140
Dan I Am
Steep and Deep

In the garage:

Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresvillanu20 View Post
heineken light FTW
If by FTW you mean "foul tasting water", then I agree.