BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Northeast
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Northeast For events in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Old Sat, Sep-24-2005, 09:32:09 PM   #1
grims34
grims34

Default Independent BMW shops in South Jersey or Philly area.

Does anyone have a reputable mechanic or shop to recommend that specializes in repairs on M3's. I was just topping off the oil and filling my winshield washer fluit today, when I noticed that there was a wrench laying on top of one of my headlamps. I last took my car in for warranty service at DeSimone BMW in Marlton for a bad O2 sensor. I cannot believe that they are so careless to leave their tools in the car's engine bay. I could only imagine what would have happened if it hit a belt while I was driving or damaged some other component. Needless to say, I must have my Inspection II completed soon and was wondering if their is reputable INDEPENDENT shop that I could use.
Jump to top grims34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Sep-24-2005, 11:13:35 PM   #2
Dan Law
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Don't be too harsh; it's easier to leave a wrench behinf than you may think....

That stated, I would recommend VAC MotorSports in Philadelphia - tell Tony Sollum (the owner) I referred you.

2515 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145

tony@vacmotorsports.com

Also, if not leaving your dealer over this - and this intrinsically would be insufficient reason for me - try to get a single mechanic assigned responsibity for your vehicle. This way, in the event of errors you can point to one person as responsible. Service Advisors are usually pretty good about this when asked. Just remember it is your responsibility to schedule requesting this mechanic everytime the vehicle is taken for service.

D
www.DERMotorSport.com under construction

Dan Law
DERMotorSports

DERMotorSports proudly carries: TC Kline, AST, Moton, PowerFlex, Vorshlag, Rogue Engineering, SPAL, SPA, Cobra, Schroth, Brembo, AP Racing, StopTech, Performance Friction, TireRack, ATL, TC Design, Eisenmann, Remus, Larini, SuperSprint, AC Hydraulics, Stand21, Racing Radios, CDOC, RRT, UUC, Zionsville Auto, RaceTech Seats/Harnesses, Sparco, MOMO, Audison, Hertz
New line announcements forthcoming!
Jump to top Dan Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-24-2005, 11:57:06 PM   #3
grims34
grims34

I plan to continue to have warranty work completed at this dealer, thanks for the tip on requesting a specific mechanic. I do understand that people do make mistakes, especially when you consider the many medical cases when doctors forget to remove sponges or other things after surgery. I was just looking for an independent shop so I can save some money on the inspection or other service work not covered under the warranty such as brakes.
Jump to top grims34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Sep-25-2005, 04:06:33 AM   #4
zimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grims34
I plan to continue to have warranty work completed at this dealer, thanks for the tip on requesting a specific mechanic. I do understand that people do make mistakes, especially when you consider the many medical cases when doctors forget to remove sponges or other things after surgery. I was just looking for an independent shop so I can save some money on the inspection or other service work not covered under the warranty such as brakes.
Brakes are covered under the maintenance warranty. You also get free brake flush at 2 years etc...
Jump to top zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Sep-25-2005, 04:49:55 PM   #5
woptang22

I was actually wondering if anyone knew of any independent shops in the philly area. One that I do know of is Bavarian Specialties. Very nice people. But its kind of a far ride for me. Anyone know of any other shops?
Jump to top woptang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Sep-25-2005, 10:57:55 PM   #6
Dan Law
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Already gave you the best in town, maybe even the NorthEast....
www.DERMotorSport.com under construction

Dan Law
DERMotorSports

DERMotorSports proudly carries: TC Kline, AST, Moton, PowerFlex, Vorshlag, Rogue Engineering, SPAL, SPA, Cobra, Schroth, Brembo, AP Racing, StopTech, Performance Friction, TireRack, ATL, TC Design, Eisenmann, Remus, Larini, SuperSprint, AC Hydraulics, Stand21, Racing Radios, CDOC, RRT, UUC, Zionsville Auto, RaceTech Seats/Harnesses, Sparco, MOMO, Audison, Hertz
New line announcements forthcoming!
Jump to top Dan Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-27-2005, 06:00:36 PM   #7
woptang22

Yes i heard VAC Motorsports is one of the best around. I took a trip there one time. Its not in the best of areas of Philly. Kind of made me nervous to leave my car there. But I have heard great things about them.
Jump to top woptang22 is offline   Reply With Quote