BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Mid Atlantic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Mid Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, D.C., Pennsylvania, Delaware, and W. Virginia

Old Fri, Jul-28-2017, 12:56:07 AM   #1
Germantuner

United States

Default Place to get tires mounted and balanced in NoVA?

I searched, and the newest thread is about 4 years old so I'm making a new one...

Any recommendations for a good shop that takes care of mounting and balancing new tires to my ZCPs and won't do any damage to the wheels or car?

I heard about RRT, Radial Tire, Curry's and PTuning. Any other places you had a good experience with? Preferably in the NoVA area.

Thanks!
Old Fri, Jul-28-2017, 01:51:32 AM   #2
jhemmer01

United States

Default Re: Place to get tires mounted and balanced in NoVA?

They do a whole lot more than mount & balance tires, but I'd recommend Martin Motorsports on Eisenhower in Alexandria. Gary will take great care of you and your ride. He's a BMW fanatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top jhemmer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-31-2017, 12:47:59 PM   #3
Germantuner

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhemmer01 View Post
They do a whole lot more than mount & balance tires, but I'd recommend Martin Motorsports on Eisenhower in Alexandria. Gary will take great care of you and your ride. He's a BMW fanatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Anyone else have other recommendations in the area?
Old Tue, Aug-01-2017, 01:03:00 AM   #4
dafoe

In the garage:

United States

RRT does all my alignments, and while I was there last time did my road force balancing, they were able to determine the new wheels were bad with the road force machine, well worth it IMO!

Mods: Coyne Performance built ///M3, Carrillo, Mahle pistons ARP, Schrick 280/288, TTFS, CSL Airbox, CSL ECU, CSL MAP, CSL air rail, SuperSprint stepped, Larini exhaust, 3.91 gears, Pulleys, TCKline S/A coilovers, PowerFlex RTAB's, AKG Subframe, FCAB, Differential, Apex ARC-8's, Turner subframe reinforcement, Michelin PSS, Laser Interceptor, Coby Alcantara wheel, Beisan Vanos Fixes, Brembo BBK
Jump to top dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-03-2017, 11:45:35 PM   #5
Chemmy15

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoe View Post
RRT does all my alignments, and while I was there last time did my road force balancing, they were able to determine the new wheels were bad with the road force machine, well worth it IMO!
Was just at RRT today for front tire mount/balance and alignment. Highly suggest you dropping by, the shop is awesome

Jump to top Chemmy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 12:38:52 PM   #6
Germantuner

United States

Thanks All! I ended up going with PTuning who also has a touchless machine. I have an appointment tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes.

For future reference, I'd like to share my research and how much each shop charges to mount and balance 2 rear wheels/tires:

$75 - Martin Motorsport
$40 - Currys/Mr. Tire
$90 - RRT
$60 - Radial Tire
$70 - PTuning
$150 - Mach V

I called and emailed Blockstar in Springfield, no response.
Jump to top Germantuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-06-2017, 03:28:50 PM   #7
Sammyzuko
Registered User & Abuser

United States

I usually go to RRT, but I recently moved and it's a hike for me to get there.
I recently had a puncture and rolled the dice on a local tire shop that had good reviews from the plebs. They mounted the tire backwards and threw away my metal Forgeline valve stem....never again. I had a HPDE instructor recommend GT Peace so I tried them when I had another puncture (I'm having bad luck with nails lately) and they were much more to my standards.
RRT is still the shop I trust my car with and have confidence they will treat it like their own.
Old Mon, Aug-07-2017, 02:31:25 PM   #8
CharlaybitM3
I dont like DSC

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germantuner View Post
Thanks All! I ended up going with PTuning who also has a touchless machine. I have an appointment tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes.

For future reference, I'd like to share my research and how much each shop charges to mount and balance 2 rear wheels/tires:

$75 - Martin Motorsport
$40 - Currys/Mr. Tire
$90 - RRT
$60 - Radial Tire
$70 - PTuning
$150 - Mach V

I called and emailed Blockstar in Springfield, no response.
Adding to your research... DO NOT go to Curry's for anything. My friend had 3 or 4 of his titanium studs ruined there and his wheels chipped to hell. Then when he took the car back because there was a vibration they skuffed the hell out of the little flipper on his bumper and ruined a front hub. They are painting/replacing what they fuk'd up but still... shouldnt have happened in the first place.

Also, your pricing from Mach V is off. I go there all the all the time for tires and alignments. It's ~ $26 a tire for mounting/balancing.

"Not putting miles on your M3 is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend..." -Someone Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
I like it on mine, tips didn't line up perfect, but good enough. Its off a newer car that makes more power so I know it makes more power on my car.

You can make a custom flange to connect it to your stock header with JB weld.

Sound is an 8/10, I was expecting it to sound like a V8 since its a V8 exhaust. It doesn't, anybody know why this is? Does it have to do with how I installed it?
Jump to top CharlaybitM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-07-2017, 03:41:26 PM   #9
Germantuner

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlaybitM3 View Post
Adding to your research... DO NOT go to Curry's for anything. My friend had 3 or 4 of his titanium studs ruined there and his wheels chipped to hell. Then when he took the car back because there was a vibration they skuffed the hell out of the little flipper on his bumper and ruined a front hub. They are painting/replacing what they fuk'd up but still... shouldnt have happened in the first place.

Also, your pricing from Mach V is off. I go there all the all the time for tires and alignments. It's ~ $26 a tire for mounting/balancing.
Yes, I read bad reviews about Curry's when they got bought out by Mr. Tire. Hence, not going there despite the lowest price. That's a big discrepancy on price with Mach V!

Just an update, got my new tires mounted and balanced, and I am very happy with PTuning. Reasonable price, close to home and they didn't damage my wheel or my car. The touchless mounting machine was great! They even used a plastic sleeved socket to take off the lugnuts and saw them use a torque wrench after it was put on.

The lift they used was their alignment lift and it was ground level, so no ramps to mess with, no damage to worry about for lowered cars! Highly recommend them
Jump to top Germantuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-07-2017, 04:53:36 PM   #10
CharlaybitM3
I dont like DSC

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germantuner View Post
Yes, I read bad reviews about Curry's when they got bought out by Mr. Tire. Hence, not going there despite the lowest price. That's a big discrepancy on price with Mach V!
Good call on Curry's...

I just talked to Cory over @ Mach V.. It's $26.75 per wheel for loose wheels. I'm guessing its slightly more if they have to R&R the wheels from your car. You most likely got quoted the price for just bringing them a car and having them do all 4.

Moot tho since your other exprience was pleasant. Happy motoring.

"Not putting miles on your M3 is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend..." -Someone Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
I like it on mine, tips didn't line up perfect, but good enough. Its off a newer car that makes more power so I know it makes more power on my car.

You can make a custom flange to connect it to your stock header with JB weld.

Sound is an 8/10, I was expecting it to sound like a V8 since its a V8 exhaust. It doesn't, anybody know why this is? Does it have to do with how I installed it?
Jump to top CharlaybitM3 is offline   Reply With Quote