BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Regional M3's > Pacific
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Pacific For events in California, Idaho, Nevada, Hawaii, and Alaska.

Old Wed, Jun-21-2017, 02:35:10 AM   #41
ThirdMan

United States

Default Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

Echoing what everybody else has said about Dan and his services- he is extremely thorough, communicative and easy to work with. His quality of work and communication during the job is better than any shop or mechanic I've ever been to. His prices are better too!

My car was due for an inspection 2 and I also wanted to have my Vanos locked down. Dan and I went back and forth with maintenance items that should be completed based on my car's mileage and service/maintenance records and we concluded the FCABs and RTABs should also be taken care of.

Drop off and pick up was a breeze. Dan even gave me a ride to BART. While Dan had my car for the 3 day job he constantly sent updates and pictures. When I picked the car up Dan gave a rundown of his findings. He also gave recommendations on items that should be fixed soon/eventually/monitored. Later he sent more pictures and a short list of items to handle in the future.

I'll be going back to Dan anytime I need anything done with my car that I can't handle myself. He's a pleasure to work with and to hang out with!

Thanks Dan!
Jump to top ThirdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jun-28-2017, 04:53:04 AM   #42
94runner

United States

Just had Dan complete a VANOS lockdown with Beisan parts. He’s easy to work with i’m very happy I took my car to him. His attention to detail and communication really set him apart. He provided updates along the way (via text/picture message) and went above and beyond addressing a few issues that came up after his initial inspection. When I picked up my car, he went over the work done and provided me with some additional items that could possibly be addressed at a future date. He even sent me a zip file with pictures, showing before/after of each major step in the job.

It was impressive to hear that he tries to get things perfect rather than just “within spec”. He was able to show me the Vanos test results on his PC after the work was completed and gave me a printout showing a breakdown of valve clearances.

A+ service and his prices are very reasonable. Dan knows his stuff and I highly recommend him to anybody in the bay area.

Thanks Dan!
Jump to top 94runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jul-13-2017, 11:07:00 PM   #43
TheGenius46M

In the garage:

United States

I have personally known Dan as a friend in the community for the past 5 years on and off the track. Dan is a genuine gear head who knows his stuff in and out and is super meticulous. I pretty much do everything myself with the exception of a few things that I may not have the tools to complete the job or would prefer not to tackle on my own. Over the years I have found that there are not many individuals out there willing and/or capable to complete work in a way that effectively matches my high expectations. Dan is the exact opposite of this and not only has a strong attention to detail, but is willing to take the time to explain things and make sure everything is in check before he calls the job done.

Over the past 4 years I have probably learned the ins and outs of the majority of this car to the point where even most shops don't have answers for the little intricate things that most of us get stuck with and don't have a resource to turn to for assistance because most shops will send you packing because they don't want to deal with your problems because they aren't competent enough to figure out the problem. Dan on the other hand will.

Dan did a valve adjustment on my car a few weeks ago and not only took the time to explain the very questions I had so I can properly adjust my valves myself next time, but also discovered a discrepancy in a previous adjustment that was I won't go into too much detail on here about, but no damage was done.

Dan's pricing and flexibility with scheduling is incredibly ideal and I can't recommend anyone else higher than himself for having work done on this car.

Hit this guy up you won't be disappointed!

]

My Build Thread | My Build Journal | Instagram:@thegenius46m
Jump to top TheGenius46M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 12:37:40 AM   #44
XpME46M3

United States

I just got back from Dan's place. He installed my Koni yellows and Eibach prokit springs. Attention to detail is second to none. If you need work done on your car, look no further. Stand up guy and really easy to deal with. I'll definitely be bringing my car to him when my inspection 2 is up in about 4k miles and for all other major work that needs to be done. I think the only thing missing in his garage is a lift.

Thanks Dan! A+ service!
Jump to top XpME46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-13-2017, 12:15:21 AM   #45
94runner

United States

Went back to Dan with some more work and would like to build on my post from a couple of months ago.

As said by other forum members, the flexibility in his schedule is very nice. I was able to drop my car off the night before (well after normal business hours) and store it in his garage overnight. He sent me texts throughout the day as work was being done and sent before/after pictures of the parts being replaced. When work was completed, Dan sent me a text and I scheduled to pick the car up that night. It was pretty late, but Dan still went over all of his work in detail and helped me understand the repairs. He showed me some additional pictures and explained not only what he is doing at each point in the job, but why he does things a certain way and how each part works within the system.

Dan is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to these cars. He knows what it takes to complete a job and can even help with ordering parts if you are unsure of what you need. Bonus that his rate(labor) is very reasonable.

Another positive experience. I will be going back if there is any work I am unable to do myself.

Thanks again Dan!
Jump to top 94runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-18-2017, 07:12:12 AM   #46
Proamsynthetics

United States

Thumbs up Re: DanAvoN7 appreciation thread (VANOS/valve adjust)

I have to add on to what everyone else has said about Dan... TOP NOTCH!!! I was referred to Dan as a very reasonably priced M3 guru, and he is just that! I sent my car in for a fair amount of work (VANOS rebuild, valve adjustment, rod bearing and shock replacement...and because of issues with the car did some exhaust, steering and other desired work. He kept me informed with pics and text the entire time, even sending me a screen shot of the final computer numbers...where he validated the VANOS functionality. He is articulate, communicative, pleasant and truly dedicated to doing a good job. He even put up with me ordering some of the parts and guided me on others where I had made a poor choice in product. I will definitely use Dan for any needs in the future and highly recommend his services...his prices are VERY reasonable. Don't hesitate to reach out to him for help.
Jump to top Proamsynthetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-13-2017, 02:00:56 AM   #47
hihieu

United States

Chiming in for Dan! Had my car done this past weekend. He does an amazing job with the car. My car was brought in for some rod bearings to be done and I am more than happy to have Dan take care of this for me.

Dan does a great job in communication with providing updates, text messages, and pictures. He ordered everything we needed for this service, and what impresses me is that he finished this in a span of one day.

Dan is very detail orientated and provided a lot of advice/recommendations on what should be handled next. I was very happy that he did an inspection and even replaced some missing screws.

Prices are very reasonable for the work, and I would definitely recommend Dan to any of the forum members in the Bay Area looking for work to be done on their car.

to you Dan the Man!
Jump to top hihieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-26-2017, 03:41:36 PM   #48
WyattH

In the garage:

United States

More praise ...
I took my car to him for the third time. As always, he was communicative and thorough.

This time he did (1) oil change (with sensor), (2) coolant change (with o-ring), (3) fan clutch and fan, (4) motor mounts, (5) FCABs, (6) steering coupler, (7) rear ball joints, and (8) adjusted the rear height.

Everything was done perfectly. I am very happy to leave my car in his hands.

Dinan | CSL | RAC | TCK | Brembo | \\\WyattH's Journal
Jump to top WyattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-16-2017, 06:36:06 PM   #49
Jt_e46m3

United States

Dan has done it again! Brought my car back a third time to Dan to get my vanos bulletproofing. Did great work as always and even helped me sourced some parts that did not make it last minute. As always he is super detailed with his work and I'm looking forward to having him do my rod bearings when the time comes! Now if only I can get him to do a smg to manual swap for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Jt_e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-16-2017, 07:13:24 PM   #50
m3elmo

United States

Another thing for dan is that even after you've had your car worked on. he still provides advice and consulting services for help on things like this. Also a good track coach as well if you happen to be there with him that day.

Dan will you ever provide SMG to 6 Speed Conversions?