BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Jun-03-2010, 10:02:43 PM   #21
///Mikucki

In the garage:

United States

ok, you guys are treating a clutch bleed as if it is a engine swap or a custom turbo setup if you can change the oil you can bleed the clutch. if you cant change the oil take it to a shop. 2 simple solutions.

2002 Steel Gray 6MT
Mods: H&R adj springs, ACS shocks, Slotted rotors, RPI scoops, BMC filter, HPF muffler, Gutted trunk, No A/C, Sound insulation removed, TRmotorsport MT1, 275 F/R BFG Rivals, Epic stepped headers.
1997 Cosmos M3 -126k, Stock -Sold
1994 Schwarz II 325is -Sold 124k, UUC lightweight flywheel w/M5 clutch combo, Ram Air, B&B muffler, H&R springs/Koni shocks, Dinan tune, Hamann HM2
LS3 Datsun 510- Coming soon
Jump to top ///Mikucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-03-2010, 10:38:28 PM   #22
Jeka///M3

United States

When i was removing CDV on my car i didn't even have to press the clutch pedal. Once you you loosen up the bleeder valve the fluid will come out on it's own under the force of gravity. Since the CDV valve is in line between master and slave cylinder, there is no air getting into the slave cylinder ( the one by the trany ), the air leaves through the blleder valve before the slave Cyl - thus no need to press the pedal.
Correct me If im wrong...
Jump to top Jeka///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Nov-16-2015, 09:35:02 PM   #23
SaNGRia

United States

Default Re: Newbie needs detailed DIY on clutch bleed

Hello. I looked at the process. I didn't get the last part :

Step 9: Finishing Touch

•Have the helper press the brake pedal down to the floor again and hold it there.
•Open the bleed valve. Make sure your helper does NOT release the pedal as that will suck air back into the system!
•The system will lose pressure and the pedal will go all the way to the floor.
•Once fluid stops flowing close the valve and then tell the helper to release the pedal.
•Repeat this step at least 3 times - or till no more bubbles are seen.
•Make sure that your brake fluid level does not drop below minimum in the reservoir or you will suck air into the system - add fluid as required to keep it topped off.
•Repeat for the rest of the brake calipers (including Step 8 above for each).
•Once you have done this for all of the calipers your pedal should be VERY firm - this is the goal - if its mushy you still have air in the system - repeat the process or have a professional do it for you.
•Replace the rubber caps on the bleed valves and make sure the valves are snugged down.
•Make sure your fluid level is good and close the reservoir.
•You're done!

Is that for who has air problem in the system? Or just for anyone? The reason I am getting the pressure thank is not the get any air into my sytem. Why I am going to do the step 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelone View Post
Just follow MadRussian's DIY.
Jump to top SaNGRia is offline   Reply With Quote