BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Faults, Fixes and DIY
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Faults, Fixes and DIY Please share your experience and knowledge with other members by contributing your own DIY, or by helping another member find the elusive fix!

Old Tue, May-18-2010, 08:34:04 PM   #41
Madrugan
Total BMW noob

In the garage:

United States

Just did my install. Flawless. Tischer's shipping program was pretty stellar, too. Overall, easy DIY for a tremendous driver safety impact. Thanks for the DIY!
Jump to top Madrugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, May-18-2010, 08:45:39 PM   #42
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Guys any idea where i can get the wide angle euro mirrors? ECS sell them but their over priced.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-08-2010, 06:03:53 PM   #43
LilSilverBullet

United States

Does it matter which wire is connected to which connector?
I have the wire reversed with the OP's picture.
There is no marking for the polarity.
Jump to top LilSilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-22-2011, 05:10:37 PM   #44
AdamSnow

Canada

Default Re: DIY: Replacing E46 sideview mirror glass

Hey guys - Sorry to bring forward an old thread but I'm having issues with my new drivers side mirror.

I got the old mirror off of my 2003. broke it getting it off, but it was junk anyway with all the rust. Cleaned it up and clipped on the new one. Now the new mirror appears to have a warp in it or a bend or something making it look like one of those mirrors at the circus... really hard to look through.

Anyone had this before? anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? I've tried taking it off and on again but the same results. If I press on the top-right it gets better but it doesn't stay. I've checked and it appears that all the clips are on, so that's not pushing it out and the connectors for the wires (now in the top-right) aren't hitting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Jump to top AdamSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-09-2011, 07:08:15 PM   #45
ltbong

United States

I'm trying to remove my mirror but for the life of me I do not see this tab that needs to be rotated. Did the design of these mirrors change? I have an '06
Jump to top ltbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-09-2011, 08:33:53 PM   #46
phlfly

In the garage:

United States

Hello,

My driver side mirror is little bit lose, in spot where mirror can be rotate it. My car 2005, so I remove mirror by moving it in lower position (looking to the ground) as possible, it will open the tabs at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock, so I took a small screwdriver and pry it slow at 10 o'clock first then at 2 o'clock, then wiggle a little and mirror was removed. Installation was in back order, lower part then top, just push.

But I have not be able to fix my problem it seems to me it loose at the rotation hole.
Jump to top phlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-29-2011, 09:50:29 PM   #47
gmazzu

United States

This place is amazing I was curious why the mirror that came off the car was different than the new mirror shipped, I found out here.

Thanks guys!!
Jump to top gmazzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-13-2011, 05:48:38 AM   #48
jattdipasand

In the garage:

United States

Great thread OP. I have a little different issue. My pass side mirror wont go up or down but only sideways. Any ideas what could be the problem? Wrong wiring or motor?

TIA
Jump to top jattdipasand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-13-2011, 07:04:06 AM   #49
suaveflooder

United States

Doing this in a couple weeks!! Can't wait!!
Old Tue, Aug-23-2011, 07:01:02 PM   #50
APIindy

What a great post. I am going to be doing this soon since my driver's mirror has a large "rust" mark on the inside.

MODS: 03 M3, 6MT, PSS9, 18" OEM Square setup, El Diablo Exhaust, non-resonator section one, Turner Motorsports Rear Adjustable Camber Arms, Powerflex bushings, Stoptech slotted rotors, Hawk track pads, UUC stainless steel brake lines, AFE Cold Air Intake, Hamann front splitter

Driver that grins ear to ear everytime he drives it
Jump to top APIindy is offline   Reply With Quote