BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Place to discuss sights and sounds.

Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:45:41 PM   #1
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Exclamation Comprehensive Intravee Thread

Independent of price (and it is cheap), if I could only have one mod on my cars, it would be the intravee.

The intravee can be three things:
1) the best iPod adaptor made for the car, bar none
2) a gateway to allow you to run a variety of aftermarket components with oem controls/displays
3) an enabler of cool ibus features.
(or any combination of the above)

I'm going to divide this thread up into multiple posts, because the intravee can be a bit overwhelming to read about initially. The intravee is an exceptionally capable device-- it does WAY more than you would ever suspect for the price. That said, the intravee doesn't have to be complex in the slightest. At it's core, the intravee is the best iPod adaptor (or MP3 interface of any kind) made for the car. It's as easy to install as any other iPod interface, makes hugely better use of the available screens/OEM controls out there, and is very reliable (unlike, say, the DICE).

If you choose for the intravee to be more than that, you can do so. And, eventually, you'll probably eventually want to. But you don't need to-- it can be as simple as an iPod adaptor and never touched again.

Installation is as follows:
1) Disconnect car battery
2) The OEM CD changer wiring is plugged into the intravee (two plugs, one 3 pin, one 6 pin). Note: You can still have a CD changer with the intravee if you so desire (more on that in later posts).
3) The alpine iPod interface (called the KCA-420i) is plugged into the intravee
4) Plug iPod into iPod interface via included 30 pin cable. If you're using a newer, lighting based device, you'll need a 30 pin to lightning adaptor
5) Reconnect car battery

With that done, you're left with this interface (works on non nav cars as well, though obviously you see less information at once):

Note how the entire screen is utilized, instead of just the top line. Also note how you can easily search your iPod for content using easy to understand, on screen controls.

Also key: you can set up many keys (clock, 1-6, <>, etc) to take you directly to any part of the interface that you desire. E.g. my clock key always takes me directly to the now playing screen, so that I don't have to navigate my way back there. My 6 key takes me directly to playlist selection. Etc.

You can stop reading here if all you want is an iPod interface. Everything else is just (awesome) gravy.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

Last edited by Obioban; Sat, Dec-07-2013 at 02:01:14 PM.
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:46:03 PM   #2
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Manuals and instructions

Owners Manual

Extra features supplementary manual

PXA sound processor manual

Intravee Supported Devices

Intravee Command Reference

Note: depending on how long ago your intravee was produced/updated, you may need to run a firmware update to have all the features listed in the manual above. To update your intravee, see the later post on updating.

N.B. LOTS of this thread was ripped off from Richard P, both here and on his home forum. I thought we needed a place with all the info gathered together and for US based/M3 people to see. I got his approval for all this . Richard P was close friends with Simon (created the intravee), currently manages the firmware, and is an all around helpful/awesome guy.

Here are some of the various non nav interfaces, for those who are curious:

E46 Business

E46 Changing Scroll settings

E46 Key action assignments

E46 Multiple Sources

E46 Radio (Business) Navigation

E39 IRIS

E39 MID

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff

Last edited by Obioban; Sat, Dec-07-2013 at 04:19:48 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:46:26 PM   #3
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Extra features

Here are some of the features and functions of the intravee, other than giving ibus equipped cars (E38/E39/E46/E53 etc) the ability to control an iPod/CD Changer/Digital Radio:

- Real time display of Speed, Engine RPM, Outside temperature, Coolant temperature, Max speed, Max coolant temperature, Max RPM, Acceleration, Deceleration.
- Display of information of the last 17 journeys, Start time, duration, average speed, distance, max speed, max acceleration, max deceleration, max coolant temperature.
- Display of the distance of objects from each PDC sensor, can be displayed on the head unit and/or the High OBC.
- Display of the light sensor data.
- Display of the Nav computer status, battery voltage, number of Satellites and operating temperature.
- Display of service info including the amount of fuel used since the last service, the date of the next annual check, the last service type and the number of times each type of service has been performed (E46, X3 and Z4 only I think).
- Display of data from various car components, Nav computer, Radio, Phone, TV Module, Monitor, DSP amp and Sirius radio showing build date, part number software and hardware revision.
- Optional display of a "Boot Open" or "Hood Open" message on the High OBC whenever the boot is open, the standard message is displayed only when you drive off which can be annoying.
- Automatic locking when the car exceeds 15mph - similar to the OEM option that can be coded in most cars.
- Automatic unlocking when removing the key from the ignition or opening any door, optionally on selecting Park for Automatics.
- Automatic mirror folding (if you have electric folding mirrors), options for folding when removing the key from the ignition, on locking the car, on holding the lock button on the remote and after holding the lock button on the remote (allows comfort closing to complete).
- Automatic mirror unfolding (if folded by the Intravee), options for unfolding on unlocking, Key inserted, Accessory position or Ignition on.
- Automatic clock synchronisation with the GPS time signal from the Nav computer and optional setting of the Time Zone from the RDS time signal from the radio.
- Entering Bluetooth pairing mode without all the faffing about with the pairing button.
- Speed dependent map scaling, set the Min and Max scale that you want along with the speed increment that changes the zoom level.
- 'Sticky' indicators, you can sent the minimum number of times the indicators will blink, similar to most more modern cars.
- For the E39 M5, an optional check and logging of over revving the engine while cold. If various temperature/Rev limits are exceeded a message is displayed on the High OBC and an error is logged so you have a record of when it happened and the temperature and max RPM reached.
-have lights of your choosing be illuminated for a period of your choosing when locking or unlocking the car (nice to fine your car in the dark)

Some of the options above are key specific, so you can set the sticky indicator option on for one key and off for another.

If you have multiple sources (more than one iPod, DAB, CDC etc.) you can set the Intravee up so that the source is key specific too, your key selects your iPod, your other halves key selects theirs for example.

Some pictures, to make these things more appealing

Parking distance control displayed on the e38/39/e53 cluster (can also be displayed on the nav screen or radio, and is on the e46)
(side note-- you can also set the song playing to display here, if you so desire).

Stored vehicle log, so you can see how your shop/dealer/indy/friend drove your car. Includes revs when cold!

Alpine sound processor running through the OEM DSP interface.

Service info (Z4 with MKIV):

Last edited by Obioban; Wed, Dec-04-2013 at 08:22:28 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:46:53 PM   #4
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Intravee supported devices

Intravee supports are wide variety of Alpine AI-Net devices, and you can use as many or as few as you like, all at once.

e.g. In my M3, I'm running Alpine HD radio, an Alpine sound processor, the Alpine iPod interface, and Alpine HD radio. In my M5 (1, 2), I'm running an Alpine switch and two iPod interfaces (one for me, one for the wife, the intravee automatically selects the correct iPod based on which key is used to unlock the car, while the car takes care of seat position, climate settings, mirror poisons, etc). I may add HD radio to the M5 as well, because why not?

The scope of what you can add/do is pretty limitless. My M3 and M5 have dramatically different setups, yet the intravee supports both equally well.

N.B. You can use one radio tuner (XM, sirius, HD radio) at a time. If you want to use more than one... shoot Richard a PM.

Here's the full list of supported devices:

CD Changers
CHA-S604
CHA-S605
CHA-S607
CHA-S614
CHA-S624
CHA-S634
CHA-1204
CHA-1214

Video CD Changers
VPA-S001

DVD Changers
DHA-S680P
DHA-S690

MiniDisk Changers
MHA-S670

iPod Interface
KCA-420i

USB Interface
KCA-620M

Tuners
TUA-T100DAB
SIRALP-1
SIRALP-10T
KCA-SC100
TUA-T020XM
TUA-T500HD
TUA-T550HD

Switches
KCA-400C
KCA-410C
Intravee Switch

Sound Processors
PXA-H701
PXA-H800
PXA-H100

Setups can get quite extreme. Here's a couple that I've found online, to show how extreme these things can become (though, again, don't have to):

Last edited by Obioban; Thu, Feb-12-2015 at 04:32:54 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:47:18 PM   #5
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Firmware updating and updates

Periodically, new features are added or bugs are fixed. Attached is the latest version of the uploader software, as well as the latest firmware (both for cars with and without Alpine sound processors). Note: If you haven't added an Alpine sound processor (PXA-H100 or PXA-H800), don't use the sound processor firmware!

To update the firmware on your intravee, you'll need a laptop with a serial port, or a USB serial port adapter, and a male to female serial lead to connect your laptop (or USB adapter) to the intravee.

You may need drivers for the USB adapter, but if you do there are instructions on the box it comes in. If you have any problems let me know and I can send them to you.

The Intravee does not need updating to work with your Nav, it's just that you won't have the extra features.

Uploader

Without Alpine sound processor (99% of you)

With Alpine sound processor

Download the firmware attachment above, as it's a ZIP file there's no need to mess about with file associations. It's really not that hard, by far the biggest problem is with USB/Serial adapters, if you have a good one you'll be fine.

A summary of what you need to do is :

- download the firmware and downloader program above.
- unzip both to a folder on your laptop.
- connect the USB/Serial device to your PC, with most version of Windows the drivers will be loaded automatically.
- connect the Serial port end of the adapter to the Intravee and turn the car ignition to the accessory position.
- run the downloader program.
- Select 'File' 'Comms Setup'. From the list of ports select the one that matches the device you added, valid ports should have a description by them.
- Press 'Return' a couple of times, you should see the "Ready>" prompt, if you don;t then you have probably not select the right port number, go back and check.
- Select 'File' 'Open Firmware' and select the .blf file.
- Select 'File' 'Program Firmware'.
- wait until the small progress bar has finished, you should see some messages from the Intravee that indicates it's re-booted.

Job done.

Last edited by Obioban; Wed, Dec-04-2013 at 07:50:37 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:47:39 PM   #6
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Fixes for potential hardware hangups

1) Charge adaptors

This tiny adapter goes between your iPod and the Dock connector and converts the 12 volt charging to 5 volt charging and will therefore enable the Intravee II and Alpine KCA-420i to charge the later generation iPods (e.g. 2nd Generation or newer iPod Touch, 4th Generation or newer iPod Nano WITH dock connector) and iPhones (e.g. iPhone 3G or newer). If you have a newer Apple device you'll be using with the KCA-420i, you'll need one of these to charge it.

You can get them cheaply on ebay ("iPod charge adaptor") or from toysinyourcar.

2) DSP adaptors

If you have a BMW vehicles which has the DSP amplifier option AND where the CD Changer has the COAX type plug. (For example this is NOT needed in E46 3 series, E85 Z4 or E53 X5 even if they have the DSP option.) This adapter will enable you to connect an Intravee II as it will also convert the connections to the 'standard' BMW 3 pin and 6 pin plugs required by the Intravee II.

Basicially if your car doesn't have the standard cd changer 6 pin, you'll need this to create it from your coax cable.

3) iPod Deep Sleep.

One of the problems with the KCA-420i is that it won't wake up an iPod from Deep Sleep or Hibernation mode. The KCA-420i detects the existence of an iPod via the accessory line from the iPod. If there is no iPod detected it won't charge the iPod. Unfortunately when the iPod enters power saving mode it cuts the accessory line power so the KCA-420i can not detect it. The iPod will only wake up if a button is pressed or the iPod starts charging via the dock connector. The iPod/KCA-420i are deadlocked once the iPod enters power saving mode, the KCA-420i waits for the iPod, the iPod waits for the KCA-420i. The detection mechanism also means that the unmodified KCA-420i will not charge an iPod if it's battery has become totally flat, the iPod must have enough charge to complete the power up sequence.

All iPods, except the iPhone, enter Deep Sleep or Hibernation to conserve battery life,

Older iPods, Gen 3, Gen 4, Photo and Mini, use Deep Sleep. These iPods enter Deep Sleep after about 36 hours, on resuming from Deep Sleep the iPod defaults to playing the first track. Deep Sleep can be prevented by placing a file called _no_deepsleep in the iPod_Control/Devices folder. Deep Sleep can also be prevented by using calendar reminders, one repeating reminder that triggers once a day is sufficient.

Newer iPods, Video, Classic and Gen 1,2 and 3 Nanos use Hibernation. Hibernation starts after about 14 hours, on resuming Hibernation the iPod resumes where it left off. Hibernation can be prevented by using calendar reminders, but the type of reminder varies between iPods. The iPod Video, Gen 1 and Gen 2 Nano can use 2 reminders 12 hours apart that repeat every day. The iPod Classic and Gen 3 Nano require a separate reminder for every day as once a reminder has fired it does not fire again until it has be acknowledged. A weeks or months worth of two reminders are required.

If using calendar reminders, the reminders must be cleared every week or two, otherwise they stop functioning.

The later iPod Nanos, Gen 4,5,6 and 7, and the iPod Touch enter a power save mode quite quickly sometimes after just a few minutes.

A much better solution than calendar reminders, and the only effective solution for the later Nanos and iPod Touch, is to modify the KCA-420i so that it can wake up an iPod from any power saving mode.

The simplest version of the mod, and I believe the most effective, requires just one wire and a small drill (1.5mm or 1/16th inch is the best size) to drill out a via (point at which a track goes through the board) on the KCA-420i board.

Here is a picture

You don't need to drill right through the board, just enough to break the track. This version of the mod simply replaces the main KCA-420i CPU control for charging with a fixed line that enables charging whenever the KCA-420i is powered up, this means that the KCA-420i will now charge a totally flat iPod.

Last edited by Obioban; Sat, Dec-07-2013 at 02:02:56 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 01:48:05 PM   #7
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Sound Processors

PXA sound processor manual

On higher end BMWs, BMW has a more involved audio interface called DSP (Digital sound processing).

It allows you to fine tune the response curve (useful with stock speakers, but almost a necessity with aftermarket speakers) as well as apply some filters if so desired:

When a sound processor is connected to the Intravee, the Intravee will emulate the BMW DSP amplifier and provide simple control via the BMW DSP amplifier menu. More comprehensive setup is performed through the Intravee on screen menus.

When a BMW radio detects the presence of the DSP amplifier it will switch into DSP mode. In DSP mode the output level of the radio is fixed at a high value, the tone characteristics are set to flat and balance and fader are fixed in the centre position. The BMW DSP amplifier, and the Intravee + sound processor, become responsible for changes to volume, tone, balance and fader. Using the BMW radio in this mode provides a higher quality signal with lower noise floor then using a fixed output stage and variable input.

The settings of the standard Balance and Fader sliders on the BMW Tone menu are automatically redirected to the PXA-H100. Treble and Bass settings are automatically redirected to the PXA-H100 when an Imprint Curve has been selected, in this mode most other settings on the PXA-H100 are disabled. When no Imprint Curve has been selected the Treble and Bass sliders will have no effect.

Settings you frequently want to tweak (levels, presets, etc) are all fully accessibly through the OEM BMW DSP interface. More involved settings (crossover points, crossover slope, time delay, parametric EQ, and much, MUCH more), that you generally set once and forget about, are accessed through the intravee menu. In short, you get full aftermarket sound processor control/functionality, controlled through the factory interface/controls.

Wiring up a sound processor is a bit more involved than other intravee installs.

The first step is to get the audio signal. To do that you need a line output converter (LOC). You want to use the front speaker outputs as inputs into the LOC, as they have the audio for nav/phone, whereas the rear speakers do not.

The ideal input for Alpine sound processors is ~2 volts. That should be your LOC target.

The LOC should output it's audio single into RCA cables. These need to be connected to the intravee breakout box.

The breakout box has 3 AI Net connections:
1) Intravee-- connect this to your intravee bus connector
2) AI-Net devices-- connect this to your KCA-420i/switch/whatever else you have in your car (all audio inputs)
3) PXA-HU-- connect this to your sound processor

Once it is hooked up like this, the intravee will detect the sound processor and enable the DSP menu on your nav screen (or take it over if you have a car with stock DSP).
(note: the above is for cars without factory DSP only, which I wrote as such because this is an e46 forum. If you have DSP from the factory, see manual at the beginning of the post)

The PXA sound processor has outputs that you run to your amplifier(s) of choice. Front audio, rear audio, sub. From there, wire your speakers to your amplifiers as usual.

Diagram:

N.B. This post is the very basics of sound processor integration, which is probably the most complex intravee mod. And, it only covers the e46 installation. If you're going to do this, read the PDF at the beginning of the post so you know what you're doing!

Last edited by Obioban; Tue, Feb-04-2014 at 09:04:30 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 02:13:41 PM   #8
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Intravee history/future

Originally posted 11/30/2012

The creator of intravee died last week. One of his friends, RichardP on here, gave the back story later on in the thread. I'm editing it to here so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Now the messy account business has been cleared up, here's the latest update and some history.

Back in March 2002 I bout an E46 330i Sport touring. It had a Mk III Nav and a CD Changer.

I very quickly got fed up with the 6 disc changer on my 480 mile round trip journy between work places that I did (and still do) abot twice a month. I started looking round for some way to play MP3's. I found a device tha enabled connection of an Alpine CHA-S634 to the BMW system called an 'ICD', it used the M-Bus mode of the CHA-S634 so no folder navigation and no text display; it was very unreliable!

In Spetember 2004 I changed the car for an E46 330d sport touring with the latest Mk IV Nav and I took the oportunity to see if there was anything better than the ICD device.

I stated looking for something better that would use AI-Net mode but there was nothing available. Then I stumbled on the Intravee web site which outlined the proposed development of the Intravee but which had been shelved. I sent an e-mail to Simon on 9th November 2004.

He e-mailed me back within a couple of hours

And so began my involvement with Simon and the Intravee. At the time I had just got divorced and needed something to occupy my time, Simon and I spent many, many hours logging iBus and AI-Net messages to get the system working, gradually building up functionality. Some early screen shots I took:

Note the time on this one!

As you can see above, the original Intravee was called an ‘Intravee 100’, it was really only suitable for small handmade production runs, it was far too expensive to make commercially. So Simon redesigned the Intravee to become the ‘Intravee II’, using more surface mount components and a layout suitable for automated production. Intravee 100 also used a hardware implementation of the AI-Net interface which was very expensive; Intravee II used a separate dedicated CPU, an ATMEL MEGA8. Even the case on the Intravee 100 was expensive, with hand cut aluminium end plates.

Here are some early pictures.

My Intravee II arrived on 12th May 2005.

The original Intravee II was still hand made by Simon, he made maybe 30 or so, and it used an ATMEL MEGA128 CPU with 128K flash and 4K RAM. ATMEL had just announced the MEGA256 CPU which had twice the flash (256K), twice the RAM (8K) and was pin compatible. There was one minor issue with some ports being slightly different, but other than that it was a direct swap. There are still one or two MEGA128 CPU Intravee about today but many have been upgraded, if you buy one second hand be wary of those with serial numbers with 4 digits like '0123'! Apart from a few very minor changes, an increase in fuse rating and placing it in a holder, plus a minor track layout change to enable a jumper to be used more easily, the Intravee hardware has remained the same.

I was trying to encourage Simon to have the Intravee made commercially, but he didn’t have the funds to pay for an initial production run. In the end I lent Simon the money and he paid me back as the Intravee sold. Simon set up a relationship with BimmerNav to sell the Intravee and this was quite successful for a time. For some reason the relationship did not last, Simon had very high standards and expectations, realistically, far too high, and most people could not live up to them for long. The Intravee is now sold only by ToysInYourCar in the UK.

Simon had several other projects going and was not doing as much firmware development as he had been. In early 2008 I persuaded him that a major re-write was necessary this became the V6.00 firmware and V6.01 firmware that is still supplied with the new Intravee. Previous firmware had used hard coded menus, V6 used a fully data driven menu structure that Simon and I devised together. I wrote a Windows application that could be used for designing the Intravee menus and which kicked out a load of highly compressed menu data definitions, at this stage Simon still wrote all the Intravee code himself and used the data definitions.

Eventually we decided that it would be easier if he made the source code repository available to me to check out, modify and check back in again. He wrote some scripts that I could run to compile the code and issue the output so I could download it and test the result. Luckily, in early 2010 he sent me a backup copy of the virtual machine that he used to compile the firmware, without this or access to his PC’s there is no way the Intravee firmware could be compiled today. Due to using the ATMEL MEGA256 very early in its production there were no compilers that supported it fully. Simon had to modify the compiler to gain access to the extra 128K of flash. Simon tried using later versions of the compiler hoping to use a standard release, but the images that the created were too large to fit in the Intravee flash. The firmware is also encrypted for use with the downloader program, without this the only way to update the firmware would be to use an AVR programmer via the header inside the Intravee. In other words, for 99.9% of users upgrading the firmware would require sending the Intravee to someone with the right equipment.

We also discussed the introduction of using the Intravee for other purposes other than just music control. Simon was not particularly keen on the idea as it would potentially cause problems with CE approval; a device that can control items on a vehicle falls into a different category which would involve very expensive testing to gain certification. Simon was sure that the design would pass the tests, but could not justify spending somewhere in the order of 50,000 on the tests. We decided that the Intravee should ship without any control features, but that having ‘pre-release’ firmware that could perform these functions would be a way around the problem.

Simon also gave me access to the support email system so that support questions could be answered if he was busy or away. So over the years both Simon and I have answered support questions.

The Intravee has two main areas that limit its appeal:

1) Although in some ways a strength, the reliance on AI-Net devices such as the KCA-420i, this also adds to the total cost to the end user.
2) The limited amount of internal storage makes adding extra functionality more difficult that it would otherwise be.

Simon started work on the Intravee III to overcome these problems. The idea was to use one of the recent ARM CPUs to give the same type of iBus capability as the Intravee II, together with the existing dedicated AI-Net CPU, but to have a USB port and run Linux so that pretty much anything could be connected. This device would have had Megabytes of flash and 100’s of Kilobytes, if not Megabytes, of RAM. Unfortunately that project is not complete and I now doubt it ever will be.

While Simon was busy with that project, and some others, I continued with Intravee II firmware development, adding the PXA-H100 support and a few more of the ‘Extra Features’.

Where things go from here is still unclear. I’m in contact with Simons brother and he sounds willing to do anything that’s required to keep the business going, however he is not a ‘computer person’ at all, and would not want to do anything himself.

From my point of view, I’m happy to continue to work with the Intravee firmware and provide support. There is a continual battle for space in the Intravee, remember it only has 256K Bytes of flash and 8K Bytes of RAM, when I rebuilt the firmware yesterday there were 585 Bytes free!

From the hardware point of view Leigh at ToysInYourCar still has stock and wants to continue to sell the Intravee II. The factory in which the Intravee is made should be able to keep producing them as far as I know. There is one component that is difficult to source, fortunately Simon CC’d me in on an e-mail to the only known supplier so I now have their contact details and have spoken to them.

The question of making the Intravee open source is probably quite tricky and I think depends on what happens on the hardware side. Simon always said that he would be happy to make the code open source, but he did not want other companies to use it and make money from it. In particular, untill relatively recently, no one else had managed to decode the Alpine AI-Net protocol. Simon designed the Intravee firmware to be very modular, each module in theory could be implemented on different hardware as it uses a messaging system to pass data between modules. However, mainly due to the very tight space constraints some of the demarcation has become a little ‘fuzzy’ with some shared variables and routines. I think it would be fair to say that a lot of intrinsic knowledge is required to understand the Intravee code in its current state.

I’m trying to organise a web site for hosting firmware, documentation etc. Leigh at ToysInYourCar owns www.intrevee.com so it’s possible this can be used. In the meantime, if anyone has any problems or questions please e-mail me at richard ‘dot’ parkinson7 ‘at’ ntlworld ‘dot’ com.

Richard

Last edited by Obioban; Wed, Dec-04-2013 at 08:16:11 PM.
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 03:25:32 PM   #9
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

Default Re: Intravee Thread

In case anyone's wondering, the SIRALP-1 works with older sub-3000 serial Intravees. I bought mine used from this forum and picked up the Sirius unit before checking the Serial. It didn't work til the firmware was updated, but on the newest FW it recognized it. (Now I just need to address the fact that the SIRALP's antenna is terrible.)
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-04-2013, 04:51:06 PM   #10
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Default Re: Intravee Thread

Awesome thread. Thanks for putting this up Ian.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote