BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Tue, Jun-17-2014, 11:59:41 PM   #151
NeverContent
Formerly BigDaveDogg

Sweden

Default Re: ** Group Buy: Status Gruppe S54 Stainless Steel header GB#4 **

Mike, did we end up passing the 15 unit mark in this group buy? Is it closed, or still open?

Jump to top NeverContent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jun-23-2014, 12:48:25 AM   #152
Status Gruppe Manufacturing
M3Forum Sponsor

Reputation: 0 Status Gruppe Manufacturing is on a distinguished road

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverContent View Post
Mike, did we end up passing the 15 unit mark in this group buy? Is it closed, or still open?
We did not. it is closed. The rest of the coated headers will ship this week. Sorry for the delay guys, our in house coater will be there all week to finish them.
Mike Migs

Mike Migs
Status Gruppe Manufacturing INC.
7636 Miramar Rd, Suite 1100
San Diego, CA 92126
Phone. #619-887-6006
Email | Paypal Info@statusgruppe.com
Website.StatusGruppe.com
Like us on Facebook!
Instagram
Jump to top Status Gruppe Manufacturing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-23-2014, 03:14:57 AM   #153
NeverContent
Formerly BigDaveDogg

Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Gruppe Tuning View Post
We did not. it is closed. The rest of the coated headers will ship this week. Sorry for the delay guys, our in house coater will be there all week to finish them.
Mike Migs

Jump to top NeverContent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-23-2014, 06:24:46 PM   #154
TheCaptain39

United States

Just wanted to post a header install update for anyone that finds it entertaining.

Day One:

The original plan was to knock it all out in one day. My buddy has a lift in his garage which was going to make things much easier. After taking some time to get my car on the lift (living that lowered life), we finally start to lift the car and BAM, problem. A hydraulic fluid return line got caught on the lift and tore. So we spend the next hour calling every hydraulic place in the Bay Area to see if any are open. Its a saturday and only one shop is open in South San Francisco, about an hour away, and they are only open for the next hour and a half. We rush out there and just make it. They make us a new hose and we head back. We fix the lift but now without hours of tinkering to get the damn thing to level properly.

Day Two: We worked really hard saturday and managed to get the stock headers out and everything disconnected. At this point we have lost a ton of coolant cause our cork (credit to Dafoe) kept getting knocked out. A lot of the manifold studs had backed out since the nuts were so rusted. So we let them sit in PB blast over night. This helped a great deal but the studs werent in the best shape. So we decided to abandon our install for another day and just drink beer and watch F1 instead.

Day Three: Getting brand new studs from BMW today. Going with 335i manifold studs since they are barely any longer but have a reverse torx head which will make installing the studs easier. Just got to wait until my buddy is off of work and hopefully we will finish this install

TL;DR - Car installs rarely go off without a hitch

Quick shout out to Mike at SGT, he has been super helpful and provided some of the best customer service I have ever had from a company. Thank you Mike, you are the best

Jump to top TheCaptain39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-26-2014, 05:27:41 PM   #155
sh1ftgear

United States

aww I missed this gb. whens the next? I need headers for my e36 swap!
Jump to top sh1ftgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-26-2014, 05:53:44 PM   #156
fresh_TD

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain39 View Post
Just wanted to post a header install update for anyone that finds it entertaining.

Day One:

The original plan was to knock it all out in one day. My buddy has a lift in his garage which was going to make things much easier. After taking some time to get my car on the lift (living that lowered life), we finally start to lift the car and BAM, problem. A hydraulic fluid return line got caught on the lift and tore. So we spend the next hour calling every hydraulic place in the Bay Area to see if any are open. Its a saturday and only one shop is open in South San Francisco, about an hour away, and they are only open for the next hour and a half. We rush out there and just make it. They make us a new hose and we head back. We fix the lift but now without hours of tinkering to get the damn thing to level properly.

Day Two: We worked really hard saturday and managed to get the stock headers out and everything disconnected. At this point we have lost a ton of coolant cause our cork (credit to Dafoe) kept getting knocked out. A lot of the manifold studs had backed out since the nuts were so rusted. So we let them sit in PB blast over night. This helped a great deal but the studs werent in the best shape. So we decided to abandon our install for another day and just drink beer and watch F1 instead.

Day Three: Getting brand new studs from BMW today. Going with 335i manifold studs since they are barely any longer but have a reverse torx head which will make installing the studs easier. Just got to wait until my buddy is off of work and hopefully we will finish this install

TL;DR - Car installs rarely go off without a hitch

Quick shout out to Mike at SGT, he has been super helpful and provided some of the best customer service I have ever had from a company. Thank you Mike, you are the best
Sir can you share the part# for the 335i manifold studs? Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Note 3

Last edited by fresh_TD; Thu, Jun-26-2014 at 06:02:48 PM.
Jump to top fresh_TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-26-2014, 05:55:56 PM   #157
maynard423

United States

👆 would like to know as well please and thank you

Sent from a place you can't understand
Old Sat, Jun-28-2014, 10:36:28 PM   #158
TheCaptain39

United States

Sorry guys, didnt see your post.

Part # 11127593376

So much easier to install than the standard studs. A tiny bit longer but not by much. Made life much easier. $0.99 on ECS tuning. I needed them that day so I went to the dealership and they were $1.72 a piece I believe

Jump to top TheCaptain39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-29-2014, 12:07:57 AM   #159
Jreyes3844

In the garage:

United States

Sent pm

Sent from my iPhone
Jump to top Jreyes3844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-29-2014, 06:35:38 PM   #160
fresh_TD

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain39 View Post
Sorry guys, didnt see your post.

Part # 11127593376

So much easier to install than the standard studs. A tiny bit longer but not by much. Made life much easier. $0.99 on ECS tuning. I needed them that day so I went to the dealership and they were $1.72 a piece I believe
Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Note 3
Jump to top fresh_TD is offline   Reply With Quote