BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006) > Coding and Tuning
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Coding and Tuning Discuss all avenues of coding and tuning here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 05:04:04 PM   #41
terraphantm
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,205
In the garage:
Reputation: 11 terraphantm is on a distinguished road
Location: Philadelphia

United States




Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

I agree. We just need to track down (or make) the 2001/2101 equivalents of the US tunes to get everyone on this side of the pond on the same program. Most US cars are on 2701/2801

Edit: I'm pretty sure the US versions of the files we want are in DIS v44... but I don't know how to turn those back into 0das or at least binaries.
__________________

Last edited by terraphantm; Sat, Jan-27-2018 at 05:21:00 PM.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 05:22:48 PM   #42
Being3
Registered User
 
Being3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 377
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Being3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Nanaimo

Canada




Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Here is the xdf agreement ... the goal as u will see is to have them shared. Let’s see if we can see if this is the time or not by contacting Tap. I’ll keep trying myself.

“General Agreement:

Buy Participating in this XDF beta you agree to not distribute these files you have received without agreement from the creator. If you know someone that wants to be part of the XDF development process you must refer them to xdfproject@gmail.com rather than share your files with them at this time. They will freely distributable and free in the future, but as of this moment they are not. The files you have been given have been made specifically for you. If you post it, it will be obvious!! Let’s all work together and agree to post them as a group when they are ready!!

Thanks!

tap”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 06:01:40 PM   #43
Being3
Registered User
 
Being3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 377
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Being3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Nanaimo

Canada




Default Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Given the idea the of xdf and it’s purpose was to have develop a free version for the MSS54 / HP to be shared. It would be a shame that the commercial tools r ahead and stay that way.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 06:45:46 PM   #44
Being3
Registered User
 
Being3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 377
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Being3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Nanaimo

Canada




Default Share your Bins/Calibrations here

This is a helpful free tool

https://sourceforge.net/projects/chi...urce=directory


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 07:12:35 PM   #45
Obioban
Moderator
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 36,449
In the garage:
Reputation: 54 Obioban has a spectacular aura about
Location: SE PA

United States




Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being3 View Post
Here is the xdf agreement ... the goal as u will see is to have them shared. Let’s see if we can see if this is the time or not by contacting Tap. I’ll keep trying myself.

“General Agreement:

Buy Participating in this XDF beta you agree to not distribute these files you have received without agreement from the creator. If you know someone that wants to be part of the XDF development process you must refer them to xdfproject@gmail.com rather than share your files with them at this time. They will freely distributable and free in the future, but as of this moment they are not. The files you have been given have been made specifically for you. If you post it, it will be obvious!! Let’s all work together and agree to post them as a group when they are ready!!

Thanks!

tap”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does sound like his goal was to have them be public when they were complete, and they are now complete…
__________________

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 07:23:58 PM   #46
Being3
Registered User
 
Being3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 377
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Being3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Nanaimo

Canada




Default Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
It does sound like his goal was to have them be public when they were complete, and they are now complete…


The agreement was made in 2013... 5 years ago. Time for some cake




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 07:34:17 PM   #47
Being3
Registered User
 
Being3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 377
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Being3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Nanaimo

Canada




Default Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
I agree. We just need to track down (or make) the 2001/2101 equivalents of the US tunes to get everyone on this side of the pond on the same program. Most US cars are on 2701/2801

Edit: I'm pretty sure the US versions of the files we want are in DIS v44... but I don't know how to turn those back into 0das or at least binaries.




I have these in OPA and BIN formats. I also been in Europe tuning a few cars and I have the original BIN for 2001 ... I’ll look for 2101 and see if I have that as well.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Being3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 08:09:26 PM   #48
spx
Registered User
 
spx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 46
Reputation: 0 spx is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
It does sound like his goal was to have them be public when they were complete, and they are now complete…


It sure sounds that way, especially if it's been 5 years... is there still activity going on in the "XDF group" that has been referenced? How can I "prove" myself and get access to even a partial XDF with the core table definitions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
E82 Racecar - MCS - Dinan - Apex - Mfactory - Etc.
E46 Build - TBD -
Jump to top spx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 08:26:14 PM   #49
NZ_M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 743
Reputation: 0 NZ_M3 will become famous soon enough





Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spx View Post
It sure sounds that way, especially if it's been 5 years... is there still activity going on in the "XDF group" that has been referenced? How can I "prove" myself and get access to even a partial XDF with the core table definitions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The group has been silent for about two years if I remember correctly.

My last contact with Tap was end of 2016 I think.
Jump to top NZ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jan-27-2018, 09:54:37 PM   #50
rjskalet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 329
Reputation: 0 rjskalet is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Share your Bins/Calibrations here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_M3 View Post
The group has been silent for about two years if I remember correctly.

My last contact with Tap was end of 2016 I think.


I talked to him at the end of last year about a bdm tool. It took him a couple of weeks but he responded to me
Jump to top rjskalet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright ©1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Share your Bins/Calibrations here in the Coding and Tuning Forum - Discuss all avenues of coding and tuning here! at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)