BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > General BMW > General BMW Discussion
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

General BMW Discussion Place to discuss all things BMW. And a place for E30, E36, and E46 owners to get to know each other! BMW News

Old Tue, Dec-26-2006, 05:05:53 AM   #11
ThatOneGuy
In the left lane, flashing to pass.

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmackin300
Thanks for posting this Mike. It's people like you that make this such a great forum. Are you on M3bc.net? I will give you props if you're on there!
Merry Christmas.
Thanks, but I'm not Mike Miller. I found this info and wanted to give credit where credit is due. I'll check out M3bc.net. Thanks for the tip and the props. I couldn't agree more, it's all about community and looking out for fellow members.
Jump to top ThatOneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, May-21-2007, 11:57:01 PM   #12
avo8686

United States

This should be a sticky. great write up
"Monte Carlo, ’88, the last qualifying session. I was already on pole and I was going faster and faster. One lap after the other, quicker, and quicker, and quicker. I was at one stage just on pole, then by half a second, and then one second…and I kept going. Suddenly, I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my teammate with the same car. And I suddenly realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously."
"It frightened me because I realized I was well beyond my conscious understanding. It happens rarely, but I keep these experiences very much alive in me because it is something that is important for self-preservation."

Ayrton Senna
Jump to top avo8686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-28-2007, 04:15:33 AM   #13
bigugly
Dr.BMW

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolutions View Post
I had my brake pad and rotors checked last year and then again this year. When I compared the numbers from last year and this year my pad and rotors got thicker. I think that because im close to 50k they dont want to cover the cost of replacement. Should I get a second opinion at another dealer?
thats silly talk. the dealer MAKES money on the repair, why would they not want to do it? its not like NA is say OK on everything. they put the trust at the dealers level. prolly the tech that did that. the M cars cannot have the brake lining measured w/o removing the pads. aint no tech i know of pulls the pads. i sure as hell dont. it was prolly an estimated guess how much is left. almost guarantee it was 2 different techs working on it at both times.
Old Wed, Aug-15-2007, 08:37:19 PM   #14
jamegumm
Dropped Top

United States

Thanks for the info, this is a great resource.
Old Fri, Aug-22-2008, 05:17:10 PM   #15
mmeury26

United States

I'm not sure his is the right place to ask this (nubbie), but how do I find a very good,honest mechanic where I can have my new baby worked on and serviced? I don't intend to modfiy ot anything, I just need a good place for basic maintenance and someone that'll help me keep this thing for about forever...
Jump to top mmeury26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-22-2008, 07:04:44 PM   #16
GreyMatter

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeury26 View Post
I'm not sure his is the right place to ask this (nubbie), but how do I find a very good,honest mechanic where I can have my new baby worked on and serviced? I don't intend to modfiy ot anything, I just need a good place for basic maintenance and someone that'll help me keep this thing for about forever...
You'd probably be better off asking on one of the regional boards for a place close to you.
Jump to top GreyMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Oct-16-2008, 08:15:30 AM   #17
rishi jon

United States

The BMW Maintenance System has been devised with the following objectives: maximize vehicle safety, reliability, and minimize breakdowns resulting from wear, at minimum cost. The Service Interval Light system will indicate when you are due for service based on your driving habits
rishu
Old Thu, Oct-16-2008, 02:42:50 PM   #18
El Wehbi

Kuwait

Great job!!! Just bought an E92 M3 and need to know these sorts of details!
Jump to top El Wehbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Oct-31-2008, 07:39:07 PM   #19
WHIPLASH180

United States

Good post, but some things shoudl be said. BMW's main reason for the included service interval was to protect themself from cost due to cars NOT getting serviced by the customer under normal condition. A large part of BMW sales are in the form of a lease and they were having large costs involved when the car was turned in after the lease period and was not being serviced. When it was time the owner would just walk away from the car and BMW was stuck paying for repairs to get the vehicle ready to be certified and resold. Including maint. has greatly reduced that cost. 15k is NOT the oil change guide line. It is based on FUEL CONSUMPTION. some cars will count down in 9k and others will go 18. It all depends on how the car is driven.
the reset shows 15525, but how quickly that drops depends on the driver.
Brake fluid has always been a 2 year service, anti-freeze 4 years unless its
a 04 or newer( lifetime) and transn and diff fluids have been liftime since the switch to synthetics.
I have never seen or heard of a engine, trans or rear end failure due to lubrication that has kept with the BMW guidelines or service.
With CPO coverages of 6 years 100k miles, you would spend more warranty dollars if the intervals were not within guidelines.
Jump to top WHIPLASH180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jan-16-2009, 06:47:06 PM   #20
venom7777

United States

Nice guide, thanks for posting!