BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Thu, Apr-12-2018, 11:34:14 PM   #31
cblock

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Estoril Blue 1999 E36 M3 Convertible *Build Thread!*

Wow, looks to be very high quality work. I think the lighting in the pictures throws it off a bit and makes it look like a cream/dark gray. I'm sure it looks great in person!

Jump to top cblock is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-13-2018, 05:17:08 PM   #32
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

Interesting. Reminds me of this Individual convertible.

'98 M3 3.2 SMG Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung
Jump to top M_Parallel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 03:22:18 AM   #33
KevinLarson

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Parallel View Post
Interesting. Reminds me of this Individual convertible.

wow never saw that until now, interesting.
Jump to top KevinLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 03:22:59 AM   #34
KevinLarson

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblock View Post
Wow, looks to be very high quality work. I think the lighting in the pictures throws it off a bit and makes it look like a cream/dark gray. I'm sure it looks great in person!
yea it does make it look more cream. It matches the stock dove gray perfectly according to him.
Old Wed, Apr-18-2018, 06:36:20 PM   #35
M3Dom

In the garage:

United States

hot damn thats beautiful. great job on the interior thus far

https://www.instagram.com/d_sicily/

Porshapwr:I thought every day was steak and BJ day?
Ghost : "She'll prolly suck your balls so hard they'll hatch"
Ben Z.;The Ultimate Driving Simulation Machine
LALaw :OP has been surprised by everything that's happened since the 13th Amendment
Cars : some verts some bikes and a 2012 veyron

Jump to top M3Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-23-2018, 02:54:51 AM   #36
KevinLarson

United States

Default Update

So its been a very long time since I've updated this, and done anything car related. Starting and running a construction business has proved to be a very time consuming endeavor. Nevertheless I have been doing small things hear and there when I get the time.

I got the calipers cleaned up the best I could and painted them. Turned out good for spray can, but will one day soon be powder coating them this same color scheme. Very classic and not to flashy (like a lot of people like do by painted stock brakes red or yellow). At least now I know that it looks good and thats exactly what I want so I will know when the time comes to get the powder coated.

After I got them back on the car, I was able to take the car around the block for the first time. No door panels and needed to bleed the brakes, but it really pushed me to get it done so I could drive it more. Once I had it out in the open under the sun, I realized that the BBS RSii were just not the look I was going for at all. To much chrome, way to flashy, way to skinny and way to modern looking of a wheel. As my girlfriend has said "I looked like pimp daddy dog" I think I was looking at the 3 piece conversion builds people are putting on the new M4s and M3s too much and thought I could pull it off.

Not bad, but this build deserves a nice set of clean and classy 3 piece wheels.

At least the interior loos good

Hours after, I found these on my local Craiglist. I was looking at buying a refinished set of Fittipaldi's before I bought the RSii but I didn't and regret it. These wheels showing up on my local craigslist had to be some sort of sign so I had to do it. I went and bought them the next day and a week later the RSii were sold.

The Fittipaldi's were missing center caps, which are super hard to come by, but I was able to find a set of CNC milled ones, as OEM are basically impossible to find in good condition. They are being powder coated as I write this, and the center cap logos are in the works. The bolts are also in need of replacement, so I will be ordering the bolts soon and sockets to do it. I plan on replacing them one by one with the tires mounted, which is something I've never done so we will see how that goes. I will also polish them as I go. The tires on the Fittipaldi's are also much larger and nicer, Hankook Ventus V4 ES 255/45, which is exactly what I wanted as I was wanting to get away from the stretched tire game.

Next I ordered some DAP Landau Top and Trim adhesive and a spray gun for wrapping the door panels in Alacantara. This turned out to be a huge disaster. This is MUCH harder then it looks, as I was able to do a decent job, but there was a decent amount of creases, which started to get even worse once they spent a few days in the hot garage. Additionally the leather door cards that I thought would be salvageable look horrible when they are next to the rest of the brand new interior. With that being said I decided to just sent them to NWCrafted, the company who did the interior. Shouldve just done this to begin with but I felt like I had to do something myself.

Untitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/158228847@N08/]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/25GfJkh]

Doesn't look bad in this photo, but in person its not perfect, and totally takes away from the rest of the interior. I will be sending them in next week to be done.

Aside from those things, I got a lot of little things. Like a brushed aluminum parking brake handle...

A bunch of brand new OEM trim pieces, like these door trims, and some convertible housing covers, etc...

New OEM badges to replace the eBay ones...

Custom PedalHaus Pedals and Heel Plate...

and by popular request to start doing stuff to the motor, an aFE intake which is the first step of much more to come...

Its coming along slowly but it is coming along, as I am hoping that I can have the interior and wheels done by July 4th. Stay tuned!