BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Tue, Dec-18-2012, 04:28:08 AM   #1
peterhsd1

United States

Default 1995 Avus Blue M3 - Florida Car

SOLD -- SOLD -- SOLD -- SOLD

1995 BMW M3 (10/94 build date)
Color – Avus blue exterior / dove grey interior
Miles – 97,250
Manual
Price – $11,000
VIN – WBSBF9320SEH02748

I purchased this car about three years ago to use for driving schools and track days. The car is an absolute joy to drive but I have found that I have attended only one driving school (Sebring) in all that time so I think it is time to sell this on and clear out the garage. I am the third owner of this car but I have known the car its entire life. The prior owners did not track the car so it has only had that one track outing.

This M3 was originally delivered to Germain BMW in Naples, Florida, and leased to a local resident. A friend of mine purchased it from the original lessee who moved on to something else after only a year. The car was in Florida for the majority of its years except for a span in Tennessee and North Carolina. A general description of the car follows with a detailed list of major work done below. I have a three-inch binder of service and repair records dating back to when the car was new.

Mechanical:
As the car was intended for driving schools, my focus has been on mechanical and safety issues. The car is currently in excellent mechanical condition as I have rebuilt a number of systems with all new parts. I have addressed all of the common E36 weak points such as the rear shock mounts, sway bar links, trailing arm pockets, rear control arms, motor mounts, and oil pan & oil pump nut. I have verified the rear floor was reinforced at the factory. The car rides on Dunlap Direzza Star Spec tires in the stock size (235/35/17) on the factory “BMW Motorsport” wheels.

For suspension, the car has Bilstein shocks and stock springs. The control arms are new and just about every bushing has been replaced. The brake calipers have been rebuilt (stainless steel pistons in the front) and the car uses stainless steel brake lines. The rotors are from Zimmerman with Axxis Metal Master pads for the street and Hawk HP Plus pads for the track (included in sale). I put in a Stage 1 Dr. Vanos kit and new timing chain tensioner although there is still a light ringing until the car warms up. The belts have all been replaced as well as the two large radiator hoses but I have not done the smaller hoses. The radiator, water pump, fan and expansion tank have all been replaced.

On the bad side is the air conditioner. A recharge of the system got everything working but the compressor is noisy. I took the compressor off to see if the clutch or bearings could be replaced but it looks like it would be better to just get a rebuilt unit. It is the Denso version which I have seen for as low as $250 with a core exchange. As the car was intended for track use and seemed to run better without the compressor (at 15 lbs), I left it off. The compressor is boxed up and is included in the sale. I assume there is a slow leak in the system somewhere as when the a/c was installed it would only hold a charge for 6 months or so. Also, the driver’s window works but backs down sometimes as if sensing a pinch. You have to hold the button down to get it all the way up. I understand this is probably a regulator issue and was waiting to address that until I had a replacement door panel for the driver’s side.

Exterior:
From five feet the Avus blue paint looks great with a deep shine from the current wax job. Closer inspection will show some pitting on the hood and roof from exposure over the years. There were a number of small dings on the car when I got it and a professional ding remover has done the top surfaces. He was to come back to do the sides of the car but I haven’t had it completed to date (tough to get him). Both doors have a ding by the door handle which he feels will require a bit of patience to work out as the metal is soft there.

The car had been hit in the left rear years back and was professionally repaired under insurance. I removed the rear bumper and found some surface rust forming. I cleaned everything up, sanded it down, primed with rust preventer and re-sprayed the area. The rear bumper has a DOT-R replacement sticker. All other panels have original matching VIN stickers. Also, corrosion had formed in the battery well from a battery with a disconnected vent hose. I had a reputable body shop (Pine Ridge Coachworks in Naples, Florida) cut the section out and replace it with a new piece, prime, paint and re-undercoat the area. They also repainted the rear bumper which was peeling and a small lip spoiler I installed on the trunk.

Interior:
The Dove Grey interior was in rough shape when I got the car and I have slowly rebuilt it with a new headliner and replacement door panels. The exception is the driver’s door panel as I have not been able to find a good replacement. The panel is holding together but the leather has bubbled. I just recently re-glued the glove box cover piece which was separating. The radio is a rebuilt BMW unit with an iPod/iPhone connecter hardwired (tape deck does not function). The speakers are all original and most of them work but the sound is only fair. I am not an audiophile and this has just never been a priority. Carpet is in good shape and the seats are Vaders with the typical wear on the driver’s bolsters. There are some nicks on the backs of the front seats. The passenger seat and rear bench look good. I installed red BMW Motorsport seat belts front and rear (I still have the original seat belts). I put in a set of black BMW M3 mats.

Below is a more detailed listing of the major services I have done on the car. Most of this work I performed myself. I document each of my repair procedures with pictures and receipts. If you are interested in the car I can send further pictures and information. The original owner’s manual and all keys included in sale. I also have a set of Momo Start seats, VAC seat adaptors and 7 point G-Force latch-link harnesses that were never installed in the car. I will probably advertise these separately but would consider including them in the sale if interested.

This M3 is ready go and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. The ride is stiff but still comfortable and the connection between driver and road is unsurpassed. I have some flexibility with the price but am in no hurry to sell. I know what it takes to get an M3 into this condition and while I recognize I will not recoup all of my costs, I feel the price is fair given the work that has gone into the car. Please reply via private message if you would like more information as I not check this site regularly. Thank you for your interest.

General Mechanical:
-Dr. Vanos Stage 1 & updated timing chain tensioner
-new radiator, thermostat, water pump (metal impeller obviously), expansion tank, upper & lower radiator hoses
-new fan and fan clutch
-new temperature sensor
-new fuel pump, sender & relay
-new knock sensors
-new valve cover & gasket
-new motor mounts (BMW) and transmission mounts (Rogue Engineering)
-VAC oil pan baffle, new oil pickup tube (reinforced Z3 unit) and oil pump nut (red Loctite and deformed threads)
-new clutch slave cylinder and stainless steel line
-new O2 sensor
-PIAA Extreme white headlight bulbs
-new wheel bolts (BMW)
-all fluids, filters and belts changed (Mobil 1 engine, Redline transmission and differential, BMW coolant, ATE brake fluid, Valvoline ATF for power steering)

Body:
-new driver’s door handle keyed to match
-repair of rust in battery well and left rear corner under bumper (rear bumper has DOT-R sticker)
-SSI Stealth Undertray from Bimmerworld
-blacked-out front grill
-rear bumper repainted
-rear trunk lip spoiler
-new cowl cover
-new rubber trim pieces around rear windows
-new hood struts
-new trunk seal

Brakes:
-rebuilt calipers (stainless pistons in front)
-stainless steel brake lines
-new rotors (Zimmerman) & pads (Axxis for street, Hawk HP Plus for track) (pad wear sensors removed)

Suspension:
-Bilstein shocks (stock springs)
-Dunlap Direzza Star Spec tires on stock “BMW Motorsport” wheels 235/40/17 – appx 7,000 miles on tires and good tread
-chassis reinforcements for sway bar links, rear trailing arm pockets and front subframe
-rear shock mounts (JT Design)
-new front control arms and bushings (Meyle HD)
-new steering column universal joint
-new tie rods
-new reinforced rear control arms (Bimmerworld)
-new power steering hoses & reservoir
-BMW “X” brace
-new trailing arm bushings with Bimmerworld limiters
-new sway bar bushings & links

Interior:
-headliner redone, including sunroof shade (black)
-front / rear door panels replaced with used units in good condition -- Exception – driver’s door, have not found a replacement yet
-rebuilt radio with iPod/iPhone connection
-hard wired for Valentine 1
-new seatbelts – red “BMW Motorsport” belts from BMW
-sunroof rattle fixed with new lifting arms and slide pieces
-Tuner Motorsports black pedal cover kit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 36 59 PM.jpg (117.7 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 37 20 PM.jpg (113.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 37 34 PM.jpg (143.0 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 40 08 PM.jpg (134.2 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 40 36 PM.jpg (142.3 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by peterhsd1; Tue, Feb-05-2013 at 01:39:10 AM. Reason: car sold
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Dec-18-2012, 04:29:58 AM   #2
peterhsd1

United States

Default Re: 1995 Avus Blue M3 - Florida Car

Interior pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Driver's Side - Small.jpg (55.5 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 14, 1 26 06 PM.jpg (61.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 14, 1 27 13 PM.jpg (58.5 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 14, 1 27 53 PM.jpg (49.6 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 9 46 43 PM.jpg (85.7 KB, 61 views)
Jump to top peterhsd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-18-2012, 04:31:31 AM   #3
peterhsd1

United States

Misc Pics....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 5 47 06 PM.jpg (75.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 14, 1 34 07 PM.jpg (83.5 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Undertray panel.jpg (84.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 16, 9 47 05 PM.jpg (85.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Photo Dec 14, 1 30 59 PM.jpg (110.3 KB, 85 views)
Old Fri, Dec-21-2012, 02:42:41 AM   #4
peterhsd1

United States

Bumping this up.....
Old Fri, Dec-21-2012, 03:01:59 PM   #5
geoffyb

In the garage:

United States

love avus. just the wrong time of the year to bring it to the midwest
Jump to top geoffyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Dec-23-2012, 04:21:04 PM   #6
peterhsd1

United States

X-mas bump, great for the last minute shopper!
Old Fri, Dec-28-2012, 03:58:36 AM   #7
peterhsd1

United States

Post X-Mas bump up....
Old Fri, Dec-28-2012, 04:03:18 AM   #8
Em&M
So OEM It Hurts

In the garage:

United States

Beautiful! GLWS!

sent from space.
Old Wed, Jan-02-2013, 09:48:24 PM   #9
peterhsd1

United States

Edited for New Year's Special -- $11,000!
Old Thu, Jan-10-2013, 04:14:48 AM   #10
peterhsd1

United States

Bumping this up.....