BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, Dec-14-2008, 10:22:46 PM   #11
Noggie
Roadrunner

Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoes View Post
There is no facelift on M3s.
The 2003.5, meaning cars produced after March 2003 is concidered the facelift

The facelift was the LED rear lights, and the trim with the licence plates light was extended with about 2" in each end.
The SMG gearbox was revised, and new software was installed.

Most of the updates was non-esthetical.
Mods. V-max delete, M-track mode, CSL SMG software K&N FIPK kit, CSL Diffuser, 12" RF subwoofer, KW v3 coilovers, GC camberplates, Umnitza Orion v2 angel eyes, Depo black side indicators, matte black kidney and sidegrilles, 6% lamin-x head, fog, turn and tail lamp tint, Vader black VMR VB3's,

My M3's thread

1990 850cia BMW black
Mods. Supercharged, Eibach pro springs, Bilstein shocks, camber plates, 19" Work wheels, Alpine navi, JL audio stereo system, tinted tails, CSi body kit, custom stainless exhaust.
To-do list: Alpina hood, tinted windows

Jump to top Noggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Dec-15-2008, 02:36:19 AM   #12
Jackalope

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggie View Post
I noticed that the EAS ones are for pre-facelift only.I have an 04 and want smoked rears, anywhere to get them?
Well EAS no longer shows they sell these but a quick phone call confirmed they still do but that they are, and I quote Tom "Re-doing some of the site and those are one of the products we are doing away with." end quote. So I just HOPE they have a couple more lying around so they can send me a new set. Hopefully thats NOT broken this time! I know they had no way of knowing.

As for your issue why not just go with the tint you can buy and put on? Or go get some tint and use a blow dryer to shape it to fit. It'd be a HELL of a lot cheaper.
Jump to top Jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-15-2008, 04:00:56 PM   #13
Noggie
Roadrunner

Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
Well EAS no longer shows they sell these but a quick phone call confirmed they still do but that they are, and I quote Tom "Re-doing some of the site and those are one of the products we are doing away with." end quote. So I just HOPE they have a couple more lying around so they can send me a new set. Hopefully thats NOT broken this time! I know they had no way of knowing.

As for your issue why not just go with the tint you can buy and put on? Or go get some tint and use a blow dryer to shape it to fit. It'd be a HELL of a lot cheaper.

I have thought about it, but I need to be able to return the car to stock, since tinting your lighst like that is not legal i my country.
So if I paint them, I need to be able to remove the paint, or buy a new set of OEM lights in case I get pulled over and have to brling the car in for a tech inspection.
Every single thing that is not stock need a TUV or DOT crtificate and needs to be approved in a tech control and written into the cars registrations papers.
this includes.
-suspension springs / coilovers.
-wheels that are bigger and/or has an offset change of 7,5mm pr wheel
-any bodykit
-exhaust

Things that are illegal include
-Neon lights under the car
-flashing lights
-changing the colour of the head lamps parking lights (angel eyes included)
-tinting lamps
-tinting the driver/ passenger door windows
-exhaust that are above 90db

there are numerous rules like this.
So if I tint my rear lamps, I need to be able to return to stock whitin hours.
Mods. V-max delete, M-track mode, CSL SMG software K&N FIPK kit, CSL Diffuser, 12" RF subwoofer, KW v3 coilovers, GC camberplates, Umnitza Orion v2 angel eyes, Depo black side indicators, matte black kidney and sidegrilles, 6% lamin-x head, fog, turn and tail lamp tint, Vader black VMR VB3's,

My M3's thread

1990 850cia BMW black
Mods. Supercharged, Eibach pro springs, Bilstein shocks, camber plates, 19" Work wheels, Alpine navi, JL audio stereo system, tinted tails, CSi body kit, custom stainless exhaust.
To-do list: Alpina hood, tinted windows

Jump to top Noggie is offline   Reply With Quote