BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Thu, Aug-15-2019, 09:19:02 PM   #11
Exclusivs

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: APEX Forged Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
Eddy knows what he's doing. They are heavier by a small percent, but the added strength is the real benefit here.

I too have bent APEX wheels from track abuse. The warranty is great, I've replaced three of my wheels already. No idea if the cost overall would have been lower had these been forged. I guess you have to decide if you want a higher upfront cost or take the gamble of cheaper cost with the potential of cost increase as wheels are replaced. I also noticed for the first time that the terms and conditions state you can only replace each wheel once.

Good eye. I hadn't noticed that, understandable , I'm sure the current policy on their flow formed will remain?

PRO's
-Not too far off original designs.
-Nice new in-between offsets offering (not avail on previous wheels)
-Forged? Who doesn't want a forged wheel but the term gets tossed around more then anything in the industry - time will tell the quality of forging used.

CON's
-Weight
-Cost
-Availability

Overall though I do like what I see , and a good job done by Apex
Jump to top Exclusivs is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 04:54:07 AM   #12
Tacomeat

In the garage:

United States

The other big news is the ARC-8 barrel now has more room for BBKs.

All is see though is an 18” group buy for the flow formed getting back-burnered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 05:38:08 AM   #13
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

Y’all should check out Apex’s Facebook post calling out Titan wheels. Read the comments section if you’re bored.

Edit: They deleted it D:

Last edited by SQ13; Fri, Aug-16-2019 at 02:54:42 PM.
Jump to top SQ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 03:55:02 PM   #14
SC_TR0JAN_M3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
Y’all should check out Apex’s Facebook post calling out Titan wheels. Read the comments section if you’re bored.

that thread was straight FIYA! man, what a bold move... i appreciate the detailed investigation, but it came over as being very douchy

New Hotness
2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Karbonius :: Radium :: CSF :: Supersprint :: Dinan :: UUC :: Vorsteiner :: Beisan :: MCS :: Ground Control :: PFC :: Bimmerworld ::
Gone But Not Forgotten
2004 Carbon Black E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Motion Control :: Performance Friction :: Autosolution :: Ground Control :: Mason :: APEX ::

IG: tiag.m3.grigio
Jump to top SC_TR0JAN_M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 03:59:10 PM   #15
nholmes
Track Junky

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomeat View Post
All is see though is an 18” group buy for the flow formed getting back-burnered.
I guess we'll see, but if they're not trying to alienate their customers they won't.

Quote:

Yeah, I saw all of that drama. It's even worse when you make a huge mistake and then just try to pretend it never happened. I say leave it there, but be an adult about it and be honest. Admit your mistake, apologize if needed and move on.

Not really sure what was going on with that from a business and marketing standpoint. The times I have interacted with Eddy he's always been super smart and level headed.

I have a feeling they were trying to do the community a service by making them aware of what they believe Titan7 is doing from a business standpoint only to have it come off as petty mud-slinging and an unprofessional attack. All it did was cast APEX in a negative light and reinforce Titan7 as the underdog that's actually having an impact on APEX's bottomline.

Just my opinion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Are you feeling loose in the rear end currently?
Jump to top nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 05:11:44 PM   #16
BlackHawkRacing

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_TR0JAN_M3 View Post
that thread was straight FIYA! man, what a bold move... i appreciate the detailed investigation, but it came over as being very douchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nholmes View Post
Yeah, I saw all of that drama. It's even worse when you make a huge mistake and then just try to pretend it never happened. I say leave it there, but be an adult about it and be honest. Admit your mistake, apologize if needed and move on.

Not really sure what was going on with that from a business and marketing standpoint. The times I have interacted with Eddy he's always been super smart and level headed.

I have a feeling they were trying to do the community a service by making them aware of what they believe Titan7 is doing from a business standpoint only to have it come off as petty mud-slinging and an unprofessional attack. All it did was cast APEX in a negative light and reinforce Titan7 as the underdog that's actually having an impact on APEX's bottomline.

Just my opinion though.

Please do tell more.

More on topic, for those that have bent a ARC-8, how many hours/miles did you have on it? Are you hard on the curbs? Are the tracks you drive particularly rough? I'm interested in the forged wheels but until I see $$$ benefit from tearing up wheels, I likely will stick with the normal version.
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 05:15:57 PM   #17
SQ13

In the garage:

United States

I have three sets of Apex wheels. Might as well try Titan wheels if all of these wheels have fake certification stamps. The T-S5 looks nice, hopefully they’ll offer a silver color option eventually.
Jump to top SQ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 05:26:26 PM   #18
nholmes
Track Junky

In the garage:

United States

Because I run smaller wheels, Titan7 couldn't help me. They actually sent me to Bimmerworld for forged wheels when I asked them about timetables on 17" wheels for BMWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post
Are you feeling loose in the rear end currently?
Jump to top nholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-16-2019, 11:35:49 PM   #19
MaynardZed

In the garage:

United States

Being that I do mostly W2W racing, I think I’ll stick with the flow formed. I bent two wheels last year, and another one had the face gouged by a spinning out Corvette. I’d hate to see that happen to the nice forged wheels. In W2W you’re often off the racing line and probably have less regard for the well being of the car. More prone to hitting curbs hard I suppose.

BTW, I had the two bent ones repaired for about $120 a piece.

If I was just doing DE and TT I’d definitely consider the forged though.
OMP Full Containment Race Seat
S52 with bolt ons 237 rwhp (DynoJet)
2510lbs

ProAutoSports PS2 champion 2016, 2017
ProAutoSports TT champion 2014, 2015, 2018
Jump to top MaynardZed is offline   Reply With Quote