BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Faults, Fixes and DIY
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Faults, Fixes and DIY Please share your experience and knowledge with other members by contributing your own DIY, or by helping another member find the elusive fix!

Old Thu, Oct-15-2009, 02:33:26 AM   #31
aznbo187
XIII

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungms View Post
awesome DIY! Does it really matter if you buy a BMW crush washer or if you just go to your local autoparts store for one? what is the ID/OD?

thanks for the write-up!
Pretty sure a copper washer is a copper washer. Just make sure you get the write ID/OD and check for leaks before putting all the covers back on.
Jump to top aznbo187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Oct-15-2009, 04:15:24 PM   #32
cheungms

In the garage:

United States

anybody have the dimensions? I'd hate to take it out and not have a part ready...

Searching for E30 / E9x M3
Jump to top cheungms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-17-2009, 12:37:39 AM   #33
khanyam3

Cambodia

sorry for the ignorant question, but what benefit comes from changing the fuel filter?

2004 BMW ///M3
Jump to top khanyam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Oct-17-2009, 04:06:06 AM   #34
aznbo187
XIII

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3 View Post
sorry for the ignorant question, but what benefit comes from changing the fuel filter?
It's just regular maintenance you need to do, just like your air filter. The longer you don't change it, the more clogged it eventually becomes making it harder for your fuel to flow through. I don't know if it can get to the point to clogging it completely and affecting any of the pump components but I sure felt a much smoother power band.
Old Mon, Oct-19-2009, 06:27:13 AM   #35
pish180

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
It's just regular maintenance you need to do, just like your air filter. The longer you don't change it, the more clogged it eventually becomes making it harder for your fuel to flow through. I don't know if it can get to the point to clogging it completely and affecting any of the pump components but I sure felt a much smoother power band.
My m3 has 137k and i has having rough starts... fuel filter seemed to fix it right up. Figured that was the last thing it could be since I had done everything else. I mean the job is easy with the right tools, and the filter is only like 40$ on bavauto.

I really dont think its good for your fuel pump either. Like having clogged arteries... can cause a heart attack.
Jump to top pish180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-20-2009, 05:07:52 PM   #36
ijw922

United States

Default Fuel pressure regulator leak

I just finished replacing the fuel filter. Everything went well except that it looks like I have a leak at the fuel pressure regulator at the bleeder valve. If I leave the cap off and start it up, gas flows right out of the bleeder valve. I think I broke it when I attempted to bleed it.

Do I need a new fuel pressure regulator? What part would that be? The realoem diagram doesn't show a part number.
Old Mon, Nov-02-2009, 09:28:45 PM   #37
aznbo187
XIII

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijw922 View Post
I just finished replacing the fuel filter. Everything went well except that it looks like I have a leak at the fuel pressure regulator at the bleeder valve. If I leave the cap off and start it up, gas flows right out of the bleeder valve. I think I broke it when I attempted to bleed it.

Do I need a new fuel pressure regulator? What part would that be? The realoem diagram doesn't show a part number.
I believe the bleeder valve only comes as part of the FPR. Before going out to buy a new one, try playing around with it. Could just be that the valve got stock at a weird position.
Old Sat, Nov-21-2009, 12:09:44 AM   #38
ijw922

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbo187 View Post
I believe the bleeder valve only comes as part of the FPR. Before going out to buy a new one, try playing around with it. Could just be that the valve got stock at a weird position.
It turns out there was a very slight crack in the housing. Fuel would seep out slowly and then start dripping. I ended up getting a new housing after attempting to seal it.

On the plus side, I learned that there's a fuse removal tool in the glove box. It comes in handy when you're debugging a fuel leak.
Old Mon, Nov-30-2009, 10:45:18 AM   #39
Donovan
Banned

United States

Another Success story!

Only thing I have to say is... use a open end wrench to push back on the WHITE clip towards the rear of the car and use your hand to slide the house towards the front of the car..you will see it move..

With the front of the filter I would suggest two people to undo that bolt, it is a bit tight but my buddy (has a 335i was doing headers) helped me out right next to me. I used the old copper ring because it was FLAWLESS and reused the WHITE clip because it was flawless as well. Thanks anzbo187 and m3forum!

....also installed agency front strut brace to replace OEM. All together 2 hours.
Jump to top Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-25-2009, 05:31:30 PM   #40
nwthunder

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanyam3 View Post
Better flow, and your pump has to work less and extends its life span