BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Thu, Mar-08-2018, 02:40:39 AM   #1
LAWLence
N15 Design

In the garage:

United States

Default N15 Design AP Racing CP9660 355mm Brake Kit

Based on the AP Racing CP9660 Pro5000R Radi-CAL caliper, the N15 Design 355mm brake kit for the E46 M3 was designed for the harsh environment of track and race use. We spent months developing and testing the kit on a high downforce, high grip, and high horsepower car to ensure each component of the kit performs flawlessly and is appropriate for the application.

The CP9660 caliper was designed with motorsports in mind. The design goal was to achieve maximum stiffness with the lightest weight possible. Material in non-crucial parts of the caliper was removed to keep the weight down.

An 18mm pad is standard for this caliper and is available in a commonly available pad shape. Nearly all pad manufacturers have their compounds in this shape, so you will never have problems finding a pad to compliment your existing rear setup.

Pad knock-back is all but eliminated with this caliper, even when the pads are run down to near the backing plate due to the anti-knock back springs installed behind each piston. In our testing, we have also found that it is no longer necessary to set the pads on the straight before entering a braking zone. We have also found that rotor hat anti-rattle clips/springs included in many other kits are not necessary to prevent knock back.

The AP Racing J-Hook rotors provide excellent consistency and wear characteristics due to their advanced metallurgy even when running an aggressive brake compound. The fully floating aluminum hat/rotor combination allow the rotor ring to expand and contract freely, reducing the potential for rotor cracking due to heat cycling. Replacement parts for the kit are readily available from us or AP Racing, so you will never have to worry about where you will find parts.

In our testing, we found that the 355mm (14") rotor size is the appropriate size for the power and weight of the average E46 M3 track/race car. Smaller rotors result in rapid brake pad and rotor degradation. Larger rotors resulted in over cooling and increased rotor degradation.

We also focused on making sure the mounting hardware is suitable for the application. The N15 Design caliper adapter bracket is CNC machined from 6061 aluminum and aligns the caliper perfectly on the upright. Many manufacturers use bolts instead of studs on their brackets which can result in stripped threads during a rushed rotor swap. We went the extra mile and spec'd motorsport grade studs and metric jet nuts (for clearance purposes on the caliper), so you never have to worry about finding the right socket or stripping your brackets. All of our hardware is bolt on, and no modifications to the knuckle are required.

Included in the kit:

(2) AP Racing CP9660 Calipers, Left and Right
(2) AP Racing 355x32mm J-Hook Rotors, Left and Right, Fully Assembled to Hat
(2) N15 Design Caliper Adapter Brackets, hardware pre-installed
(2) Front brake lines
(2) AP Racing Caliper Temperature Stickers
Various Mounting Hardware

I personally ran this kit for a season, and the pedal feel is simply amazing. I upgraded to the CP9668 caliper for this season to take advantage of the massive 25mm pad that caliper uses, but that kit does require more wheel clearance and isn't for everyone.

$3890 plus shipping, current lead time is 3-6 weeks. Each kit is assembled as ordered. Please inquire if you have any questions or special requests.

More information available here

Last edited by LAWLence; Wed, Mar-14-2018 at 04:43:16 AM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 03:44:05 PM   #2
cozmo kraemer

United States

Default Re: N15 Design AP Racing CP9660 355mm Brake Kit

What do you run in the rear with this kit in the front?
2004 E46M3 - BBS RGR - RE11, BMW Motorsport 3.91, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500/600), GC plates, SSV1 Headers/CPI slip fit catted/resonated section 1, Karbonious CSL intake, Shrick 280/272 cams, CSL DME Conversion, TTFS tune, OEM CSL front and rear seats

2010 - X5 4.8 Msport - the boring daily driver

My Journal

Previous - '95 M3, '94 FD RX7 (single turbo and LS6 swapped), '98 Integra Type R, '89 325i, '91 318, etc
Jump to top cozmo kraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 05:43:24 PM   #3
LAWLence
N15 Design

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmo kraemer View Post
What do you run in the rear with this kit in the front?
Right now I am running a CP5144 rear with the stock rotor. I am developing a rear kit based on a 4 piston Pro-5000R caliper to be released later this year.
Jump to top LAWLence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 05:21:30 AM   #4
LAWLence
N15 Design

In the garage:

United States

bump!
Jump to top LAWLence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 06:22:54 AM   #5
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

for about the same price the Brembo's can be had.. not trying to put your product down but at that price point I guess people will just opt in towards the trusted manufacturer. Good luck on sales tho!
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 02:25:59 PM   #6
Zzyzx85

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
for about the same price the Brembo's can be had.. not trying to put your product down but at that price point I guess people will just opt in towards the trusted manufacturer. Good luck on sales tho!
Maybe if you're looking for bright colors and bling.

For serious track use (or if I was ballin' out of control), I'd buy these over Brembos.
Jump to top Zzyzx85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 03:06:12 PM   #7
Mantii

In the garage:

United States

These are one of the best, if not the best kits for all out track use. Not sure why anyone would say they don't trust AP Racing as a manufacturer? Heck, the biggest names in racing use AP brakes and there is a reason for it.

If you dont need the performance, a glossy Stoptech kit for half the price works even better. But please don't try to compare.

Lawrence, are you any closer to a rear kit? Essex is dragging their fit on a rear solution with these new calipers.
Jump to top Mantii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 04:28:00 PM   #8
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzyzx85 View Post
Maybe if you're looking for bright colors and bling.

For serious track use (or if I was ballin' out of control), I'd buy these over Brembos.
Didn’t know a well established bbk company which is the gold standard in brembo were simply “bright colors and bling”. Do you have first hand experience with this AP kit at the track to make such a claim? Hell, do you even have bbk?

Anyway, GLWS OP
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 04:37:37 PM   #9
Dee514

Tibet

Great looking kit and great work OP....and Brembo is the parent company of AP racing among other companies
Old Tue, May-08-2018, 05:40:17 PM   #10
Zzyzx85

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Didn’t know a well established bbk company which is the gold standard in brembo were simply “bright colors and bling”. Do you have first hand experience with this AP kit at the track to make such a claim? Hell, do you even have bbk?

Anyway, GLWS OP
Sounds like I touched a nerve lol.

I'm not discrediting Brembo. Not at all. Hell no. I have tracked with Brembos on my STI and might go with 996 Brembos on my M3 when it comes time.

I was trying to inform the commenter I quoted that these are racing-developed calipers that aren't really comparable to the similarly priced Brembo GT BBKs, which are often brightly colored and popular because people want BBKs, not that they need BBKs.

Jump to top Zzyzx85 is offline   Reply With Quote