BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 02:18:10 PM   #1
rocket71

United States

Default SpookM3 - GA Used Dealer - Scam Artist

Do not deal with this person. He is a thief and a scam artist. He will lie and do anything to get your $$ or car. Here is my story....

I bought a E46 M3 from him about two years ago. The deal went fine. I wasn't super happy with the car because it wasn't in as good of a condition as he stated on the phone or in the pictures. He cut $500 from the price so I rolled with it.

A year later, (and just about 1 year ago), I decided I wanted to sell the car. I spent a ton of money on the car but wanted to try something else. I called John and he was like, "Yeah, man! I can sell your car. No problem. I have a guy looking right now for a slick top E46 M3." We agreed on $17,500 for the car. I told him I was done trailering cars to events and I would sell him my car hauler for a deal at $1500. He agreed.

Here is where I totally messed up. I trusted him because he was kinda a friend who had been referred by a friend. I let him take the car and trailer on the agreement he would pay me in full as soon as it was sold. Well, he sold it within a month. But the money never came, it was always something. Like the guy who bought it was waiting on the bank, or he was waiting on funds to clear. Then it changed to, I got several insurance settlements awaiting and he would pay me in full. He was going to make out so good that he would kick me some extra.

After 7 months, I got a tad ugly and threatened legal action. I told him I wanted my car back. He would not tell me where it was or who had it. Keep in mind I had been paying insurance and payments on the car this whole time. He offered to "total" it for me to get paid. Hell, no. I don't want mixed up in his crap. Then one day, out of the blue I get a text from a guy who says he has my car!! He threatens ME with a law suit to get the title. (Which at the time was still financed with USAA.) I told him John hasn't even paid me and the title has a lien. Well, John, owing me $17,500 for the car and $1500 for the trailer finds a way to payoff my loan but that left $5500 he still owed. I sent the title to new owner because he had been jerked around and I didn't want to hold him up.

He told me he would pay me $500 a month till the balance was paid off. I really wanted the balance in full but agreed. All the while, he is telling me that he has this deal about to close or this scam about to pay or this Air Force patent about to get made. Well we are year now since all this is started and he still hasn't paid me. He is down in GA wheeling and dealing making money but not taking care of the obligations he already has.

I know I was dumb, stupid, etc. I can only share my story and hope he makes good. Which if he does, I will let everyone know.

Buyers beware. This guy always has something cooking and it is likely YOU. If he doesn't have the title on hand when you pay for the car, don't buy it. Don't believe a word he says.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Mar-13-2018, 04:14:42 PM   #2
xM P0W3Rx
Dan the VANOS man

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: SpookM3 - GA Used Dealer - Scam Artist

WOW, that is awful! So sorry to hear that and hope things get resolved for you quickly.

Jump to top xM P0W3Rx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 12:23:52 AM   #3
EricSMG
40 something

United States

Hmmm... yeah, always got a bad feeling from that dude (spookM3).

'04 SG/Black 6MT || '04 JB/IR SMG
Jump to top EricSMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 12:56:59 AM   #4
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

That sucks, but what the hell were you thinking...
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 01:16:58 AM   #5
Duck360198

United States

Oh my god this is terrible. This guy offered to sell our m3. He wanted the car in his shop in order to sell it. I didn't feel comfortable and never pursued it. So messed up.
Jump to top Duck360198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 03:14:15 PM   #6
Double E
Double E

United States

Thanks for sharing that story. That sucks. What is his actual first and last name?
He needs a visit from Big Tony.

Last edited by Double E; Wed, Mar-14-2018 at 06:34:48 PM.
Jump to top Double E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 05:31:27 PM   #7
rocket71

United States

He had sold another car for me and I had bought one from him so I didn't think the risk was too huge. I guess I have learned.

Slight Update: He has since sent me $1k of the $5500 left he owes.
Jump to top rocket71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 06:06:07 PM   #8
EYEHAVEYOU
Simon

In the garage:

United States

What a scumbag, looks like he has been banned already. Also who buys a car without having the title in the first place?

2006 M3 ZCP 6MT - Interlagos Blue /// Imola Red
2005 M3 ZCP 6MT - Alpine White /// Imola Red (Gone)
Jump to top EYEHAVEYOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 07:40:21 PM   #9
Dave B
M3 collector

Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
What is his actual first and last name?
John Bohrman. I think it's RTI or RNI Motorsports or something like that. Used to have a bunch of cars listed on Atlanta Craigslist but it seems something happened...
Jump to top Dave B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Mar-14-2018, 07:57:09 PM   #10
legacyej25

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
John Bohrman. I think it's RTI or RNI Motorsports or something like that. Used to have a bunch of cars listed on Atlanta Craigslist but it seems something happened...
And his website is down now.