BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Sat, Mar-16-2019, 10:11:46 PM   #1
mbcm3nj

In the garage:

United States

Default mbcm3nj's 2002 Carbon Black/Cinnamon M3 6mt Coupe

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time owner. Happy to say I purchased my dream car 14 years after I was racing around Rockport City in one on the old Playstation 2.
It took a while to find the one I wanted without over paying but I was able to score a stock one-owner with maintenance records, garaged in the winter example from a private party. I had a PPI done in October when I first bought the car and it came back with a clean bill of health. I stowed the car away as I was busy with school and cold weather was approaching. Now I'm ready to get down to work and restore this car to it's old glory.

Let's go over some vitals:

2002 M3 Coupe 6 MT
108,000 Miles
Carbon Black on Cinnamon
18in Style 67 Wheels
Navigation
Sunroof
Cold Weather Package
Power Seats

I'm knocking out the inspection II, belts and pulleys and cooling system refresh this week. Vanos is fine at the moment and the Subframe is clean but will get to bulletproofing those soon. RSMs were done at 75k, Shocks at 75k, Clutch at 90k and Continental DWS at 100k. The only noticeable mechanical issue is some play in the steering guibo, the on-center steering isn't as sharp as it should be so I'll be replacing that soon as well.

The interior is quite clean, no tears or cracks, just needs some rejuvenation. Nothing some steam cleaning and leather conditioner can't fix.

The exterior however needs work, one front indicator is cracked, driver side mirror glass is defective, both fog lights are cracked, and I need about $1,500 in paintwork plus some paint correction and wheel refinishing to be ready for car show season.

This is a relaxed project for me, I just want to enjoy the car. Just going for a back to factory fresh look and keeping the car healthy.
I probably log 3-4k miles a year as I take public transport to school, and bicycle around my area This car will mostly be used for driving Bear Mountain, trips up to the Vermont area and car shows. Next year I hope to prep for HPDE and autocross.

Glad to be on here and documenting the refresh of my car.

Last edited by mbcm3nj; Sat, Mar-16-2019 at 10:26:36 PM. Reason: Incorrect Photo Link
Jump to top mbcm3nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads