BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Sun, Nov-01-2009, 03:40:25 PM   #1
atropine

United States

Default Supercharged Avus 95 M3 Coupe, 56k miles

95 M3 Coupe, Avus Blue. 56k original miles.
I bought this car only about 6 months ago, it is my 2nd E36 M3 and I have loved it. The previous owner (who I believe was the 2nd owner) was originally from New Hampshire. He built the car up after it was involved in an accident at about 10k miles. It had a New Hampshire “rebuilt” title when I bought it and it now has a Nevada “rebuilt” title. The accident involved damage to the driver’s door, front fender, and part of the floor panel on the diver’s side. According to New Hampshire law, any damage involving the floor panel supposedly requires a rebuilt title, but not a salvage title unless the damage at the time exceeded the value of the car. Whoever did the repair did an excellent job because the car drives great, tracks straight, tires wear evenly, and everything looks right. The previous owner moved here to Las Vegas several years ago, so the car has seen very little snow or rain. He kept it in his carpeted garage under a cover the entire time. I think he just liked to enter it in shows. Here is a list of the modifications he made:

H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Struts/Shocks, Racing Dynamics Strut brace, 18” MK Motoring wheels, upgraded cross-drilled brake rotors, Akebono Ceramic brake pads, rolled front and rear fenders. Vortech Supercharger (small pulley, I believe a “Stage I” level). Performance Cam, Stainless BB exhaust, upgraded headers/intake/throttle body, ECU programmed by Turner Motorsports, Sachs clutch. Oil changed every 2k miles by previous owner, every 3000 miles by me (as I have used it as my daily commuter and put on about 100 miles/day in straight freeway miles). Previous owner never had it dyno’ed, but it is at least as powerful as my friend’s E36 M3 which is similarly built and dyno’s at about 370 rwhp.

He installed an STW E46-style front bumper, which I know some people do not like, but it has grown on me. Paint is in very good condition, some small rock chips that have been touched up. I can take detailed photos of these.

Interior is Dove leather, in very good condition. No cracks, some light wear on the driver’s bolster but no cracks or tears. I installed AC Schnitzer floor mats and metal pedal covers and an alcantera shift knob. The driver’s defrost vent trim panel has a couple broken tabs and doesn’t sit down completely flush; I bought one off ebay to replace it but when it arrived I found that it was black and not the gray that I need. As soon as I find a gray one I will have it replaced. I installed a bracket on the right side of the center console that holds the XM radio mount and the iPod holder/charger, which are both wired into the Alpine head unit. I completely re-did the stereo system after I bought it; MB Quart components up front, MB Quart 6x9’s in the rear, 2 MB Quart amps, and a single Kicker sub in custom box, with proper wiring/capacitor, etc.

I felt it needed to have better cornering ability than when I bought it, so I added Eibach sway bars front and rear. I also switched the front strut hats out by swapping in 96+ hats and swapping left for right. I had it aligned, and the fronts are right at -2.5 degrees camber on each side. It corners much better with this setup. I put on Dunlop Direzza Star Spec tires about 6k miles ago, and they are great. Much better than the Pirellis that came on it. 225/40/18 fronts, 255/35/18 rears.

I am only considering selling it to buy my friend’s fully track-built E36 M3, with roll cage, race seats, Brembo brake kit, etc. I would sell this car for $14,000, which is a lot less than I have into it. If I can’t sell it for this, I will probably just keep it as a daily driver for a few years, then build it up to be a track car down the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0834.JPG (76.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0841.JPG (84.0 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0842.JPG (89.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0844.JPG (106.6 KB, 52 views)
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Nov-05-2009, 07:05:56 AM   #2
s1ick

Any more pics?
Jump to top s1ick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2009, 06:14:42 PM   #3
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

You want $14k for a 15 year old salvage title?
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Nov-05-2009, 07:02:25 PM   #4
atropine

United States

Here are a few more pics; driver's seat, trunk, and another shot of the driver's side. I can take pics of anything else in particular on the car.

Obviously, this isn't the car most E36 buyers are looking for. Yes, it is a rebuilt title and 15 years old. But immediately prior to this I owned a 96 Alpine White, sunroof delete, 1-owner, very mildly/tastefully modded, low-mileage M3 coupe in perfect condition. I loved the car, but made the decision to sell it and buy this 95 because I preferred the supercharged 95. To a lot of buyers, my previous car was more desirable. But to me (and maybe someone else), it was worth spending more $$$ to buy this supercharged 95 because it is more fun to drive. It would certainly have cost more to supercharge my 96 than what I have total into this 95, and it has fewer miles on the odometer. And it was already done, a turnkey operation. The rebuild title didn't personally scare me because of the condition of the car and the way it drives. Everyone has different priorities; mine was the supercharged, low mileage, rebuilt title car over the normally-aspirated, clear title car. A lot of people would value the other car higher. I drive the current car 100 miles a day on the freeway, and it has been superbly reliable. If you weren't told that it had a rebuilt title, you would never know by looking at it or driving it. $14k is what it is worth to me, and I won't be broken-hearted if I just end up keeping it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0067.JPG (148.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0837.JPG (72.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0840.JPG (145.8 KB, 11 views)
Jump to top atropine is offline   Reply With Quote