BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 09:40:05 PM   #1
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default High-Gloss Shadowline (exterior) Trim - Pictures

So I just recently learned that the E46 M3 had an option to add "High-Gloss Shadowline Trim" for the exterior, in certain countries outside of the USA. I realize this was a super rare item to have optioned (due to price), and given that it wasn't offered in the USA, even rarer. Does anyone have pictures of an E46 M3 in particular with this trim option?? Really interested to see how it looks on our cars. The internet isn't turning up much when I search, other than a few people mentioning this option existing outside of the USA.

Thank you in advance!

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 09:43:20 PM   #2
James1251

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: High-Gloss Shadowline (exterior) Trim - Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
So I just recently learned that the E46 M3 had an option to add "High-Gloss Shadowline Trim" for the exterior, in certain countries outside of the USA. I realize this was a super rare item to have optioned (due to price), and given that it wasn't offered in the USA, even rarer. Does anyone have pictures of an E46 M3 in particular with this trim option?? Really interested to see how it looks on our cars. The internet isn't turning up much when I search, other than a few people mentioning this option existing outside of the USA.

Thank you in advance!

I have the gloss trim sitting next to my carbon roof. just waiting to get my car back so I can have the roof installed if I get it back soon Iíll post pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 09:45:13 PM   #3
rovert604

Canada

When my Individual was broken into the shop was able to replace mine after a thief left a very very small nick in it. I was able to keep it and get it replaced so I know there must be a part number to get it.

I noticed that the trim is one single piece of metal thatís been somehow electrically coated? At the back of the trim you can see in one place the true state of the metal:

Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 09:57:46 PM   #4
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Awesome! Yes, it available from BMW....but If I remember correctly for around $1200 (YIKES).

Just paid for a set from the UK that looked to be in mint condition. Unfortunately, it appears I was scammed (currently dealing with that with my bank)...but it really got me interested in finding a set for my car. I think it would go well with my color. It DEFINITELY goes well with Estoril, Rovert. A local friend has it on his E9x 3-series of a similar blue-shade and it looks incredible when the whole car is ceramic coated.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures! Thanks for the fast replies. =)

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:01:08 PM   #5
WOLFN8TR
/// MONEY \\\

In the garage:

United States

Didn't they come standard on the ZHP's?

BAVSOUND Stage 1 - UltraGauge - Valentine One - Orion V4's - ARC-8's
TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:03:54 PM   #6
rovert604

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Didn't they come standard on the ZHP's?

Yup. My ZHP has it as part of that package.
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:13:48 PM   #7
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Awesome! Yes, it available from BMW....but If I remember correctly for around $1200 (YIKES).

Just paid for a set from the UK that looked to be in mint condition. Unfortunately, it appears I was scammed (currently dealing with that with my bank)...but it really got me interested in finding a set for my car. I think it would go well with my color. It DEFINITELY goes well with Estoril, Rovert. A local friend has it on his E9x 3-series of a similar blue-shade and it looks incredible when the whole car is ceramic coated.

I paid about $800 for my standard ones few years ago. $1,200 sounds about right for those. I believe csl has the gloss trim.
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:17:59 PM   #8
rovert604

Canada

Quote:
A few more since it was taken by a DSLR rather than a phone. Trying to pick out the ones that show the gloss on the trim as I never thought about that when snapping pics...

Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:18:40 PM   #9
ChipperM3

In the garage:

Canada

It was available on the early 2001 cars for sure; my 01 has it. Iím assuming it stopped at the same time they switched the gloss black interior trim to brushed aluminum late in 01.
Jump to top ChipperM3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 10:19:03 PM   #10
jared212

United States

$2000 at ECS for the pair.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
'04 SGM/Blk Nappa|SMG|AA/FS Prima Elite kit|Hacksaw built engine w/ JE/Molnar/Supertech/ARP/lots of ceramic TBC|ID1050x injectors|Radium rail+FPD-XR|Aeromotive FPR|-6an fuel system w/walbro 450L pumping e85|RMS headers|Magnaflow w/custom 2.5" sec1|Besian|Redish|ZCP springs/Koni's|Hotchkis front sway bar+deleted rear|Turner Pulleys|Southbend stg 3 DD clutch|Innovate/Spek gauges|relocated SMG|Mishimoto Catch can|Koyo Radiator|CSF oil cooler|basically stock interior and exterior
Jump to top jared212 is offline   Reply With Quote