BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 11:58:38 AM   #11
schoonerm3

Ireland

Default Re: Streamline CSL/R airbox review - ongoing

Karbonious have an original airbox which they scanned in 4D or something and created a very detailed digital file to which they probably invested a huge amount of money into. Then getting a mold that is probably 3D printed to make sure it's an exact copy.

I have alot of respect for karbonious and when I saw streamline claiming karbonious were copying some of their designs on Facebook I have to say it kind of annoyed me. Like pot kettle black lol.

Anyways, I look forward to the review non the less
Jump to top schoonerm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 12:02:38 PM   #12
SQ13

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonerm3 View Post
Karbonious have an original airbox which they scanned in 4D or something and created a very detailed digital file to which they probably invested a huge amount of money into. Then getting a mold that is probably 3D printed to make sure it's an exact copy.

I have alot of respect for karbonious and when I saw streamline claiming karbonious were copying some of their designs on Facebook I have to say it kind of annoyed me. Like pot kettle black lol.

Anyways, I look forward to the review non the less
Well.. given that the streamline intake is a copy of Karbonius intake, streamline has no right to complain. Minor flaws were revealed, and Karbonius corrected them. Props to them.
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 12:22:38 PM   #13
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Intersting. OP, perfect person to do this review.

Now, the question is can they continue with the exact same quality and with quality control on each and every air box. That is where their Success and or failure will lie.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 03:11:51 PM   #14
Volke

United States

Interesting. I look forward to your review!
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 04:19:18 PM   #15
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers, Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
364.1 whp 287.8 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10
Jump to top HassanEido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Jun-09-2018, 05:13:28 PM   #16
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
I would consider this to be the definitive review on this product, assuming they are all at the tier of the box you receive. No one has as much insight on CSL airboxes, be it OE or aftermarket, as you.

I look forward to your thoughts.
100% this

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-10-2018, 07:47:43 AM   #17
JuicyM3
Popopopop

In the garage:

Australia

How do we know they won't send you a cherry picked or non production model that's had extra prep time etc.
Old Sun, Jun-10-2018, 08:10:42 AM   #18
NZ_M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicyM3 View Post
How do we know they won't send you a cherry picked or non production model that's had extra prep time etc.
To the skeptic we simply wonít know for sure - and neither will I,, but at the same time I am probably not going to be the only person that will review this airbox.

I get the feeling that there are basically three camps of people when it comes to Streamline product:
- those that simply donít trust them or believe they are capable of delivering consistent quality products or simply donít care;
- those who are still sitting on the fence about their ability to deliver on their promise;
- and those who still have faith in them and their passion.

This review is aimed at those in the latter two group not the first.
I am not here to sway public opinion about Streamline - merely documenting my experience.

And if the delivery timeframe is late, I will state so in this thread, if it is early I will also state the same - impartial is my intent so hopefully it will come through that way!. It will be as I experience the purchase and product quality rated against the original. Read it as entertainment, read it as fiction, read it as fact ... do as you please with it, it doesnít bother me. At the end of the day I can be sure with myself that what I put out in this thread will be exactly as it is in my own words.

Jump to top NZ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jun-10-2018, 04:01:34 PM   #19
nextelbuddy1

United States

i would be slightly annoyed that they went ahead and charged you already but dont actually have anything to send you yet.

You dont even need an airbox let alone spend your own time reviewing anything for them yet still they need you more than you need them at this point... they still dont have a box to send yet want money up front?? they should just be shipping you one and then if you decide to keep it then pay or pay on the day it is shipped at the very least.

when a company is asking for a measly amount for one single box out of a production run of several in exchange for a review that would benefit them more than it would benefit you.. that tells me they dont have money, capital etc..

i have no skin in the game and have 0 experience when them. I have been dealt no bad or good hands by them so i'm speaking as an outsider on this specific scenario.
Old Mon, Jun-11-2018, 04:11:54 AM   #20
NZ_M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy1 View Post
i would be slightly annoyed that they went ahead and charged you already but dont actually have anything to send you yet.

You dont even need an airbox let alone spend your own time reviewing anything for them yet still they need you more than you need them at this point... they still dont have a box to send yet want money up front?? they should just be shipping you one and then if you decide to keep it then pay or pay on the day it is shipped at the very least.

when a company is asking for a measly amount for one single box out of a production run of several in exchange for a review that would benefit them more than it would benefit you.. that tells me they dont have money, capital etc..

i have no skin in the game and have 0 experience when them. I have been dealt no bad or good hands by them so i'm speaking as an outsider on this specific scenario.
I’ll set the record straight - there was no pressure to do this for Streamline at all. They emailed an offer in exchange for a review. No pressure to buy, no sales pitch, no please do this for us we really need it. It was simply a we are looking at doing this first batch of 10 airbox, at a discount, would you be interested in reviewing it if you made a purchase. Here is the link to make purchase if you want one ... I emailed back asking about timeframe ect and if the unbiased review thing is as they say. Nothing more.

Whilst I get some will consider any review of their product to be repugnant given how some of the other deals have gone down with other products, I see it quite differently, but it is not my place to justify why I would do this and there is no point, as everyone will have an opinion about the matter. But my intention is not here to be judged, I am merely doing a review of a product purchase experience.

I am not here to help redeem Streamline or prop up their sales or reputation - that’s up to them to come through for future customers (myself included) - ultimately I get others will opinion differently and say this will be “authoritative” - fair enough to a point and I am hoping of course by documenting the “quality (or lack of - I really don’t know) that it will at least hold the manufacturer accountable for future purchases or help them improve their process. Afterall having more “choices” in what is already a fairly saturated market for airbox for this car can’t be a bad thing for consumers. Only the good ones survive anyhow.

I recall a time when Karbonius started out a little shaky and there’s still a section of the community that will not spend a cent with them. Similarly their product is good but ultimately still have room for improvement. We all know it takes time and money for improvements to hapoen and it only does when the manufacturer breaks even and start turning a profit.

I also am not a believer that one review will sway those in the “never deal with Streamline ever again” crowd. Once trust is broken it is hard to regain.

Last edited by NZ_M3; Mon, Jun-11-2018 at 04:23:10 AM.
Jump to top NZ_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote