BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, May-21-2018, 07:57:55 PM   #11
Dirty Elf
BSME

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: AutoBerry Replacement Leather Arrived

yeah would definitely appreciate the input

2004 Silver-Grey ///M3 Coupe
Jump to top Dirty Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 05:32:01 AM   #12
dan_man182

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansize View Post
No individual pieces. I paid $1029.99 (includes shipping) for the set of fronts in the picture. The leather is soft and supple with a nice texture. Not slick at all and I mean at all.

I was hesitant because I really couldn't find any good testimonials on the web but I took the risk anyways. If no problems arise at install I will be happy.

If fitment sucks, I will report it truthfully. I know there are many, especially us vert guys, who would like some good looking seats. I absolutely hate my cracked grey seats. I plan on taking a video after install so everyone can evaluate for themselves as this is a lot of money.
Any more word on the install and price? Thanks for all the info.... looking to get my interior cleaned up and came across this thread.
Jump to top dan_man182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 01:44:02 PM   #13
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
colorbond BMW black
I didn't know this was a thing. Might pick up a can and see if I can successfully make my rear deck black.
2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black

E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 02:01:47 PM   #14
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_man182 View Post
Any more word on the install and price? Thanks for all the info.... looking to get my interior cleaned up and came across this thread.
I'm scheduled to drop off the seats in two weeks. Unfortunately, like all good upholstery shops, the shop is really busy and it is a two man operation. Between 150 and 200 per seat for install. I will definitely come through with pics and video to help out. This forum has provided me with a lot of good information and I want to give back.

Edit: Keep in mind I live in a small town and installation prices reflect that, but he was guesstimating and I wouldn't be surprised to hit 250 per seat in the end, seems a little low to me but I'm not sure.

Last edited by oceansize; Tue, Jun-12-2018 at 02:22:45 PM.
Jump to top oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 02:20:11 PM   #15
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I didn't know this was a thing. Might pick up a can and see if I can successfully make my rear deck black.
I really like the Colorbond product. I did a test using a old interior trim piece I replaced. I used simple green and a tampico brush to clean and then some rubbing alcohol to de-grease. It's adhesion to our trim is great but if you are ever doing a piece that has that ridiculous rubber coating be sure to remove that first.

Colorbond will not feel like the OEM stuff that is rubber (or whatever that stuff is) coated. Colorbond isn't as rough as some coatings but not as smooth as say plasti-dip. Definitely do a test on an old piece to see if you like and to get used to how it sprays and lays. It is thicker than an aerosol paint so you need less per coat. It dries in 10 to 15 minutes and within an hour you can completely handle. Take the test piece outside in the sun to check for an uneven or a splotchy look.

Edit: Forgot use a very fine (very fine) coat of the Colorbond adhesion promoter before the Colorbond BMW black.

Last edited by oceansize; Tue, Jun-12-2018 at 02:24:01 PM.
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 03:25:32 PM   #16
silvergray545

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I really like the Colorbond product. I did a test using a old interior trim piece I replaced. I used simple green and a tampico brush to clean and then some rubbing alcohol to de-grease. It's adhesion to our trim is great but if you are ever doing a piece that has that ridiculous rubber coating be sure to remove that first.

Colorbond will not feel like the OEM stuff that is rubber (or whatever that stuff is) coated. Colorbond isn't as rough as some coatings but not as smooth as say plasti-dip. Definitely do a test on an old piece to see if you like and to get used to how it sprays and lays. It is thicker than an aerosol paint so you need less per coat. It dries in 10 to 15 minutes and within an hour you can completely handle. Take the test piece outside in the sun to check for an uneven or a splotchy look.

Edit: Forgot use a very fine (very fine) coat of the Colorbond adhesion promoter before the Colorbond BMW black.
Awesome write up! Thank you! I'll have to try a practice piece, like you said.
2014 VW GLI 6MT - Black/Black

E46 M3 Build Journal
Jump to top silvergray545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 03:34:17 PM   #17
ECSTuning
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Years and years ago I picked up AutoBerry covers for a set of E36 vaders, fitment was pretty much dead on (I had them professionally installed) sadly I didn't get to see how long they would last as the car met it's demise only a few weeks after the seats went in.

Can't wait for the feedback and hopefully long-term wear and tear report!

-James

ECS Tuning your #1 source for all things German automotive
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
800.924.5172 | OEM BMW Part Number Search
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Jump to top ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 04:27:04 PM   #18
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Awesome write up! Thank you! I'll have to try a practice piece, like you said.
One more thing. For pieces like a tonneau cover, door panel, rear lateral trim panel, etc. cleaning, degreasing, adhesion promoter, and the color is all that is needed. In other words, sanding is not required.

For the bottom half of my armrests, which have the rubber coating, I stripped, sanded (400, 600, 1200/1500), degreased, adhesion promoter, and then the color.
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 06:15:02 PM   #19
TLZero

United States

Quote:

I'm in a vert and am converting from all dove grey to two tone black and grey. I've already swapped the rear seats and arm rest to black (with used but mint pieces). I also ordered a set of inexpensive titan trim (and black leather inserts for the arm rests), stripped it, then base/clear coated to BMW 354 titanium to match the exterior plus re-blacked the bottom halfs with colorbond BMW black.
Interested to see how this comes out. I'm most likely going to do the same to mine.
Jump to top TLZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jun-12-2018, 10:18:38 PM   #20
maynard423

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
Years and years ago I picked up AutoBerry covers for a set of E36 vaders, fitment was pretty much dead on (I had them professionally installed) sadly I didn't get to see how long they would last as the car met it's demise only a few weeks after the seats went in.

Can't wait for the feedback and hopefully long-term wear and tear report!

-James

What I read was ECS should partner with AutoBerry and offer this on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk